25th August 2013, 01:19 AM
Bumba Banerjee

Can I study MBA after completing graduation without honors

Can i study MBA after completing my graduation without having (Honours) in any subject???

Related Questions:
  1. What should I study after completing graduation in B.Com Marketing Honors?
  2. What kind of Jobs I can get after completion of B.Sc in Electronics?
  3. Economics honours or B.Com honours which is best? Scope after both the courses?
  4. How to go for MBA course after passing 11th commerce? I have completed graduation with Accountancy honors
  5. What is the job scope if I study electronics honors in BSc? Will I be eligible to appear in GATE examination after completing raduation with electronics honors and Msc in electronics?
  6. What should I do if my Maths is weak but theory subjects are good?
  7. Which is the best university to study MBA or M.Com after completing B.Com from Calicut University with 65%? -- [New]
  8. What courses to do after completion of 12th Commerce? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Is there a good future in MBA finance and IT? I have completed my graduation in English Honors
  10. Should I go for post graduation degree such as MBA or M.Sc or for a job after completing B.Sc?
  11. Can I study MBA after graduation in B.Com? What is the fee structure to complete MBA?
  12. What can I do while studying B.Com?
  13. Possible to get a job in EB? Which is the best course in MBA? Can I study Hospital Management course after completing B.E?
  14. How can i go for M.Sc Forensic Science?
  15. What should I do further in PG after scoring 44% in graduation in English Honors?
  16. Is it better to do job after BSc Biotech? Is it necessary to do masters after that?
  17. Can B.Ed be done after completing graduation without Honors?
  18. Which course is better for me between MBA and M.Sc after the completion of B.Sc Honors in Food & Nutrition?
25th August 2013, 08:56 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MBA after completing graduation without honors

Honors in any subject is not a required criteria in completing Graduation to purse MBA.

MBA - Master of Business Administration, is a two years Post Graduation Degree course and can be pursed after Graduation Degree in any stream through entrance exam like CAT/MAT/XAT etc.

CAT - Common Admission Test conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) - The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation with 50% marks from a recognised University.

MAT - Management Aptitude Test conducted by AIMA(All India Management Association) - The eligible candidate being an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree without any percentage criteria from a recognised University, can apply for MAT.

Some institutions also conduct admission on the basis of marks secured in Graduation and without entrance test.
25th August 2013, 10:09 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumba Banerjee View Post
Can i study MBA after completing my graduation without having (Honours) in any subject???
MBA is a Post Graduation Course and can be done after completing your Graduation.

There are many Institutes and Universities offering this two year course.

Selection procedure for the MBA course involves:
>> Written Test
>> Group Discussion
>> Interviews

MBA written Tests that you can appear are:

MAT- Minimum Eligibilty to apply is Graduation pass.This test is conducted by AIMA.

CAT- Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass with minimum 50% marks for general and OBC candidates and 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.

SNAP- This exam is conducted by Symbiosis, Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass with minimum 50% marks.

XAT- Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass

To get calls from Good MBA colleges you have to get atleast 95 percentile marks in the all these written tests.

After this you would be called by colleges for the next rounds that is Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

XAT 2014 Dates:
XAT Registration- 12th August to 22nd November 2013
XAT exams- 5th January 2014
XAT admit card can be downloaded from 18th to 31st Dec 2013

Fees for XAT - Rs 950 (For General candidates)
Rs 650 (for SC/ST)

Important Dates for CAT 2013

Sale of vouchers: 29th July 2013 to 24th September 2013
Registrations: 5th Aug 2013 to 26th September 2013
Exam dates: 16th October 2013 to 11th November 2013
CAT result- 14th January 2014
25th August 2013, 10:30 AM
Mattyjkk

Yes ,you are eligible for MBA after graduation

You may prepare for any of the entrance exams like

>>CAT

>>MAT

>>XAT

>>SNAP

>>GMAT

>>SAT

You may choose any of the hot sstreams in MBA

>>Finance

>>Marketing

>>HR

>>Textile management

>>Hotel management

>>Hospitality

>>Tourism

etc.,

Top MBA colleges in India are

>>IIM

>>BIM

>>SIBM

>>XLRI

>>BITS

etc.,

Hope it helps you!!!
25th August 2013, 11:10 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Nowhere it says that you must complete graduation with Honors to apply for the Master of Business Administration. This is not required at all. What you need is graduation degree which is valid.

Therefore if you have completed graduation, then you are eligible for Master of Business Administration. You can appear for the entrance exams to get yourself admission in some good MBA college.

The entrance exam which you may apply for will depend on your marks in graduation. Besides your preference also matters. If you have interest in any particular university then only appear for the entrance exam which offers admission in that particular university/college.

There are several entrance exams for MBA to pick from:-

CAT

MAT

GMAT

JMET

XAT

SNAP

IIFT

TANCET

RMAT

KMAT

Obviously if you have no special preference then Common Admission Test is the pefect entrance exam for you. It is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) every year.

The CAT score is accepted by wide range of good colleges both government and private across the country. Therefore I will highly recommend you to appear for the Common Admission Test.

CAT Eligibility

1. Candidate should have completed graduation.

2. With at least 50 percent marks.

3. SC/ST should be able to score 45 percent marks.

4. There is no relaxation for OBC.

If you completed graduation with less than required marks for Common Admission Test then there are other options to consider. You can go for Management Aptitude Test which does not have marks criteria. XAT and KMAT are also good options.
25th August 2013, 04:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

MBA stands for MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION

Those candidate have completed your graduation degree with above 50% marks are applicable for MBA course but your degree must be recognized.The marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST category.Some exam not require any kind percentage marks in graduation degree .

No , It is not necessary to complete graduation degree in Special subject .If you have graduation degree then you are applicable.

List of the Best MBA Entrance Exam in India:-

1.ATMA(Aims test for management admission)
2.CEMAT
3.Common Admission Test(CAT)
4.National Management Aptitude Test(NMAT)
5.NAT(National aptitude test)
6.NCHMCT-Joint Entrance Examination
7.IIFT MBA admission test
8.ICET(Integrated Common entrance Test)
9.RMAT(Rajastan management Admission Test)
10.OPENMAT-IGNOU
11.KMAT(Karnataka Management Aptitude test)
12.SNAP(Symbiosis National Aptitude Test)
13.MAT(Management Aptitude Test)
14.XAT(xavier Admission Test)
15.WAT-AWES(Written Admission Test)

CAT and MAT exam date already announced so you can apply before last date of submission .

CAT 2013 Important Date:-

Start date for sale of voucher: 29th July Monday, 2013
Last date for sale of voucher: 24th September Tuesday, 2013
Registration window will be open from: 29th July Monday, 2013
Registration window will be closed on: 26th September Thursday, 2013
CAT Test: 16th October Thursday, 2013 to 11th November Monday, 2013

MAT notification for 2013:-

Last date for sale of forms: 16 April 2013
Last date for online registration: 18 April 2013
Last date for submission of filled in online registration forms : 20 April 2013

29th August 2013, 11:39 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
There is no hard and fast rule that you have to have honours subject at graduation level to be considered eligible for pursuing MBA degree. On the contrary the eligibility criteria is quite simple and uncomplicated. It just demands of a graduate degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university. So the subject you choose is of little relevance here.

So if you have already completed graduation then you are eligible to pursue MBA. The course's duration is two years and to get a top B-School you can sit for the popular MBA Entrance Exams which gives the MBA aspirant a chance to choose the top colleges offering this course.

Here is a list of the top MBA Entrance Exams you can apply for :-
  • CAT: Common Admission Test
  • MICAT: Mudra Institute of Communication Admission Test
  • CMAT: Common Management Admission Test
  • ATMA: AIMS Test for Management Admissions
  • TISS NET: TATA Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test
  • XAT: Xavier Aptitude Test
  • NMAT: NMIMS Management Aptitude Test
  • IBSAT: ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test
  • SNAP: Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
  • MAT: Management Aptitude Test
  • IIFT: Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
  • IRMA: Institute Of Rural Management Anand
Of all the entrance exams mentioned above, CAT is the most popular of all and easily one of the toughest exams to crack as well. If you have secured 50% of marks or above at graduation level then you can apply for this examination. The final year candidates can also apply for this exam.

If you dont have the marks stated above then you can apply for the MAT exam since for this one the pass marks is more than enough. MAT is also a national level entrance test like CAT and this exam too can be given by the final year candidates.

Hope this helps :-> :->
30th August 2013, 12:47 AM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
MBA stands for master of business administration

for MBA you need to have a graduation degree in any recognized stream from a recognized college with minimum 50% then you are eligible for MBA, there is no such rule that only hons students can apply for MBA,

there is no such compulsion regarding hons , any graduate are allowed for MBA entrance exam , MBA is a 2 year post graduation degree. for pursuing MBA from best colleges or b-schools you will have to crack these exams :

1.CAT - COMMON ADMISSION TEST

2.MAT -MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST

3.CMAT- COMMON MANAGEMENT ADMISSION TEST

4.XAT- XAVIER ADMISSION TEST

5.IIFT - INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE

6.ATMA - AIMS TEST FOR MANAGEMENT ADMISSIONS

for applying for cat you need to score minimum 50% in graduation but if don't have 50% then apply for mat,xat and others

good luck
30th August 2013, 04:40 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. This is a 2 year Management related course being offered by number of colleges all over India.

There is good demand for this course in the present situation as each and every company required MBA candidates in order to manage various business operations.

Here is the eligibility criteria required for the candidates to join this course.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% of marks.
Relaxation in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC or ST category.

There is no upper age limit required for the candidates in order to join this course.

No direct admission will be given for the candidates to join MBA course. One have to crack the Entrance Exam in order to get admission for this course.

Popular Entrance Exams to join MBA course are
CAT
MAT
GMAT etc.

Top Institutes to join MBA course are B-Schools and IIMs.

In addition to the above mentioned Entrance Exams, there are some state level Entrance Exams available for the candidates to join MBA course.

You can choose the Entrance Exam as per your interest.

As per your query, it is not a problem at all for you of not having Honors as one of the subject in Graduation because the candidates from Graduation in any of the stream can apply for entrance exam to join MBA course.

The candidates have to opt for specializations in the second year of MBA course.

Popular specializations in MBA course to join are
MBA in Finance
MBA in Marketing Management
MBA in Human Resource Management
MBA in Systems Management
MBA in Information Technology
MBA in Retail Management
MBA in Operations Management
MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
MBA in Hospital Management etc.

Better to opt for the specializations in accordance with your stream in Graduation so that there is a more scope for you to improve your subject knowledge which will be essential to get the job.

Wish you all the best.
12th November 2013, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

dear sir as i have comleted graduation but due TO unfortunate i did not get honors in degree .so i want to know that am i able to take admission in MBA ?
14th July 2016, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

Recpect Sir,
Can I get admission for MBA After completed B.com without having honour in graduation.
if yes then in which university n what would be minimum percentage required for admission for ST students n fee structure for MBA..

Thank You.
28th June 2017, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Can i get direct admission govt college through graduation merit list after completed bsc math honours?
19th February 2018, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

I am a college dropout and have been working for 10 years. Can I do mba without a graduation degree?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?