12th December 2019, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I switch from Diploma Mechanical branch to B.Tech Computer Science branch?

After Diploma in Mechanical Engineering I have interest in Computer Science. So, I have to change the field with lateral entry (in 2nd year of B.Tech) without losing a year. Is there any options available in Hyderabad?

14th December 2019, 10:37 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I switch from Diploma Mechanical branch to B.Tech Computer Science branch?

No, you are not eligible to change the stream and not eligible to get admission through lateral entry in the 2nd year of B..Tech course in computer science.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination to get admission in the 2nd year of B.Tech course through lateral entry but not eligible to change the stream.

So, you are only eligible to get admission in Mechanical engineering in the B.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?