19th June 2011, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Can I take geography and political science as optional subjects in IAS exam after doing BA as a private candidate?

i am doing my b.a as a private candidate. can i take geography and pol.sci. as my optional sub. in i.a.s. exam..?

Related Questions:
  1. Which Optional subject should I choose for Civil Services exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. After scoring 50.4% marks in graduation with honors subject as Geography and Optional Subjects as Political Science and Economics can I get admission in Masters Degree in any Indian University?
  3. Whether a Science student can move to Arts in class 12?
  4. What are the optional subjects in 11th with Humanities?
  5. Where to get previous 10 year Question Papers of IAS Main Exam? What should be the second optional subject for IAS if first choice is Political Science?
  6. How to get resources for the subjects of Sociology and Geography for IAS Exam?
  7. Can I take Geography as economics as optional subject for IAS mains exam?
  8. Best suitable course after XII Medical to become an IAS Officer?
  9. Which Coaching center is good for IAS Exam? Which Optional subject should I opt for this Exam between History and Geography?
  10. Which subjects can I take as optional for IAS exam while studying computer science?
  11. Which subject in graduation can help in my Civil Service Preparation?
  12. Which subjects can I choose as Optional for IAS Exam having completed CSE?
  13. Which optional subject to choose in Civil Services Exam for BSc IT?
  14. Possibility to study M.Sc in Geography from IGNOU for a B.A candidate with History, Sociology and Political Science subjects? -- [New]
  15. How to appear for IAS exam after finishing B.A in Subjects like economics, history and political science
  16. Can I get admission in regular masters degree in Geography or GIS in any university after scoring 50.4%?
  17. Which among sociology, public administration, psychology & political science is best for IAS preparations? Any better choice?
  18. How to become a IPS officer? I am a electronics background student
14th February 2012, 12:27 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take geography and political science as optional subjects in IAS exam after doing BA as a private candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am doing my b.a as a private candidate. can i take geography and pol.sci. as my optional sub. in i.a.s. exam..?
Candidates may select any subjects as their optional papers, irrespective of the stream they belong to. As far as the combination of Geography and Political Science is concerned, you can definitely select these subjects as your optional papers in the Civil Service Main Exam.
As per the guidelines set by Union Public Service Commission, the regulatory body of Civil Service Exam, You may select any subject along with Political Science apart from Public Administration. The combination of Political Science and Public Administration is not allowed in the Civil Service Main Exam.
13th May 2012, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I take geography and political science as optional subjects in IAS exam after doing BA as a private candidate?

which combination is better ? geography and pol sci or geography and pub ad ? please tell me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?