25th October 2012, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

How to appear for IAS exam after finishing B.A in Subjects like economics, history and political science

my name is kouser i have finished my B.A in subjects like economics,history and Political science. I want to know to appear for IAS exam which r the subjects should i have to take and wat iz the right age to pursue IAS Exam

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IAS if I have Economics, Political Science, History, and Arts as my subjects in 12th?
  2. Best courses that can be done after 12th in subjects like Psychology, Political Science, History, Economics and English?
  3. Universities to pursue M.Phil through correspondence? I am a lecturer
  4. What is the criteria for IAS entrance exam? Which magazine or book should I refer?
  5. How may I get the previous year question papers of Mysore university for BA 2nd year exam for subjects like Kannada, English, History, Economics, Political Sciences etc?
  6. How to get admission in graduation with Sanskrit as major subject? Is there any open university in India which provides this facility?
  7. How may I get the previous year question papers of Mysore university for BA 2nd year exam for subjects like Kannada, English, History, Economics, Political Sciences etc?
  8. What to do with subjects like English, Political Science, History, Economics and Psychology
  9. Does St. Xavier's college offer Geography Hons?
  10. If i opt for Arts then which subjects should I choose in IAS?
  11. Subjects for preparation of ias for btech cse?
  12. How to do B.A course? Which is better between Psychology, Political Science, History, Economics and English
  13. Can I appear for MPSC exam after passing S.Y.B.A with subjects like Economics and Political Science?
  14. Which among sociology, public administration, psychology & political science is best for IAS preparations? Any better choice?
  15. Details of the M.Phil correspondence course in Karntaka state?
  16. Best combination of subjects out of political science, history and sanskrit for B.Ed course?
  17. Which are the different streams available after 10th? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Is it possible to do M.A. political science after B.A. economics? -- [New]
19th December 2012, 10:51 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to appear for IAS exam after finishing B.A in Subjects like economics, history and political science

After completing graduation, you are eligible for attending IAS. You can apply for the exam up to 30 years of age. You can expect age relaxation, if you belong to reserved caste category. For mains exam, you can select any of the subjects among economics, history and political science. Application details can be collected from the web portal of UPSC.
18th February 2013, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to appear for IAS exam after finishing B.A in Subjects like economics, history and political science

yes i have one qution :-i am understanding english but not proper speak english and i want to start IAS exam so tell me how can start IAS Exam ( [email protected] )
18th February 2013, 11:03 PM
royal@m

Yes you can appear for IAS exam after finishing B.A in Subjects like economics, history and political science because stream does not matter in this exam the only thing is matter and that is graduation.

If you want to become an IAS Officer for that you have to apply civil services exam.
Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit

Best book for Civil services Exam:-
#.CSAT: Interpersonal, Communication, Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills (Paper 2)
by
Shalini Verma
Publisher: Pearson

#.UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2)
by
Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

#.UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1)
by
Jha, Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

IMPORTANT DATES
Prelims exams will be held on 19th May 2013
Mains will held on
08-11-2013

for Previous Years Question Papers you can refer www.upsc.gov.in
You can fill the online application form fromthe official website www.upsconline.nic.in
19th February 2013, 04:14 PM
mayankt

Yes you can appear for IAS exam after finishing B.A in Subjects like economics, history and political science because as far as this exam is concern one should be graduate front recognised university in any stream
If you want to become an IAS officer for that you have to pass upsc civil services exam (CSE).the minimum age is 21 and maximum age is 30 years in this exam relaxation for reserved category as par govt rules
20th February 2013, 04:49 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my name is kouser i have finished my B.A in subjects like economics,history and Political science. I want to know to appear for IAS exam which r the subjects should i have to take and wat iz the right age to pursue IAS Exam
HI!
I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

You can chose any optional subject listed below:-
Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law

You chose any subject you optional you want.
So that it will easy for you to learn and understand subject.

ALL THE BEST!
20th February 2013, 11:31 PM
Beawar

Dear..

The whole process of IAS is as follows :-

IAS is a civil service exam conducted every year in India by Union Public service commission. It is a exam which is most popular among the aspirants as the respect and image that this job can give no other can match that, Every year lac of candidate appear for the exam and compete for a very few jobs. That is why it is a tough nut to crack. The best way to clear the IAS is to prepare for the exam regularly and with full dedication.

Eligibility criteria for IAS is as follows :-

1. All graduate are eligible
2. Graduation must be done from a recognized university
3. Only Indian citizen are eligible
4. Age limit is 20-30 years
5. Graduation subject does not matter at all
6. relaxation to those who belong to SC, ST and OBC
7. Attempts are also limited that is why a thorough preparation in mandatory.
8. No minimum percentage criteria for IAS.

Exam is conducted in 3 stages.

IAS Preliminary
IAS Mains
IAS Interview

Just Keep an eye over the advertisement and after that apply online on WWW.UPSC.GOV.IN
and then you will be called for the interview

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
21st February 2013, 08:22 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.............

AS you are interested to appear IAS exam , there are some eligibility criteria which you have to fulfill .

*The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
*The age limit 21- 30 yrs.
*There is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.
*The no.of attempt..
General- 4 times
SC/ST - Unlimited
Obc - 7 times.

IAS exam pattern & Optional subjects which you have to prepare for exam...

For more details log on to..
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck........
21st February 2013, 10:25 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

UPSC Civil Services exams are held for the below posts like:
IAS
IPS
IFS
IRS etc

Eligibilty to apply for this exam is:
Graduation pass in any stream

Age- Between 21 and 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

If you meet the above eligibilty and your preparation is good, you can apply this year only

Next Prelims exams will be held on 19th May 2013

In the Prelims Exams there will be two papers of objective type:
PAPER 1- Current events, History of India,Indian National Movement, India and World Geography, Indian polity and governance
General science, Economic and social development,General issues on environmental

PAPER 2- Comprehension, Basic numeracy, General mental Ability,Logical Reasoning, English Language Comprehension
21st February 2013, 11:37 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

First of all I would like to appreciate your aim to join the Indian Administrative services.To join this services,you will have to compete all the three stages of the Civil services examinations.

Civil services examinations are one of the toughest exams of India and every year lacs of candidates give this examination but very few of them are selected.

In order to pass this exam ,you must have strong determination,courage along with hard labour .Self motivation plays an important role in success in these type of examinations.You must give your level best then only you will be able to achieve success.

Now coming to your query:

The minimum age limit for the examination is 21 years and upper age limit is 30 years for general,33 years for the obc and 35 years for the sc/st respectively.

>>You must be an Indian Citizen.

Since you have finished your graduation ,you can apply for the examination if you believe that you have done sufficient preparation in order to achieve success as there are limited attempts .Four for general,seven for obc and no limit for the sc/st.

You can select your optional subjects from the following given subjects :

For any further details ,please visit www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps you.

Wishing you best of luck for your career.

aashisranjan784
21st February 2013, 01:44 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

For applying for IAS you need to here is the eligiblity criteria :

1.The candidate should hold graduate degree from recognized university.

2.Age limits are as follows:

1.for general 21-30 yrs

2.for obc 21-33 yrs

3.for sc/st 21-35 yrs.

And for optionals you need to be very carefull as they help to score more so you can chose any subjects which you feel easy..

And for applying it you need to check it at www.upsc.gov.in
21st February 2013, 01:47 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

For applying for IAS you need to here is the eligiblity criteria :

1.The candidate should hold graduate degree from recognized university.

2.Age limits are as follows:

1.for general 21-30 yrs

2.for obc 21-33 yrs

3.for sc/st 21-35 yrs.

And for optionals you need to be very carefull as they help to score more so you can chose any subjects which you feel easy..

And for applying it you need to check it at www.upsc.gov.in
5th April 2013, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

i have done 12th with phy chy math, and BA Sanskrit and Sociology, can i appear in IAS exam?
5th April 2013, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Dear all, i have done 12th with physics chemistry math, and BA with Sanskrit and sociology, can appear in IAS exam?
21st July 2013, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

i want to become ias officer so which subject will be better for ma pol. Sc. Or eco.
26th March 2014, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

What subjects should i choose after my 10th to appear for IAS
16th July 2014, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

yes i have joined ias coaching after 12 for three years and doing graduation .is it right
27th July 2014, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

I'm Sanskrit honours 1st year student! I will do IPS after graduation, so I wAnt ask you .. A Sanskrit hons is best for civil services plz help me sir/ madam becz I don't no anything about civil services.
26th May 2015, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

I am doing graduation with Geography honours...& want to become IAS for this how to make strategy & what to do become it?
24th August 2015, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

I have completed B.A in subject like economic, sociology, home science. So can I appear for I.A.S exam?
30th November 2016, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation in English honours what sub should i choose for upse ias exams so that it benefits me the most ?
I want to know which of the subject are easy n scoring
6th April 2017, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir I did my 11th & 12th in science maths but I decided to do Ba in history,political science and geography. Because I want to be a ips.
So tell me sir is there any problem in my academic exams for this decision
30th August 2017, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

How to appear for IAS exam after finishing B.A in Subject like hindi history and political science
14th December 2017, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Hi I'm priyanka studying in 12(arts) now appearing final in 2018. So I'm thinking of doing major in economics , alternate English and logic and philosophy. So how will I prepare myself for appear in UPSC/APSC exam from b.a. onwards?
18th July 2019, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

I am a student persuing BA in English can i go for Apsc ??will i able to crack ?how shall i prepare or shall i prepare after completing my master what will be the best ??
8th November 2019, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Can I do Ias after finishing my ba subject's are psychology journalism optional English?
8th November 2019, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Can we do ias after ba by taking the subject like psychology journalism optional english?
8th June 2022, 02:08 AM
Unregistered

Is mathmatics important for preparations of Ias
7th July 2022, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IAS officer if I didn't choose economics in 12th arts
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?