17th August 2013, 07:37 PM
sajeshprasad

Can I undertake LLB course from any university in NCR? I am 45 years old

I am 45 years old, self-employed professional.I stay in Vasundhara, Ghaziabad.
Can I undertake LLB course from any University in NCR.

18th August 2013, 08:48 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I undertake LLB course from any university in NCR? I am 45 years old

I am afraid it isn't possible. You will not get admission for LLB not just in NCR but across the country. The reason is quite simple. You are 45 years old while the upper age limit is 30 years for the course.

Even with the relaxation for Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe, you are not eligible for the LLB course. There is no point going for the LLB through distance education. While you may get the admission but the degree itself may not be accepted.

As far as Bar Council of India is concerned, the LLB is only a regular mode degree. It can not be pursued via distance education. Completing the LLB course through distance education will mean that Bar Council will reject it and you won't get to practice as lawyer in court.

In regular mode the big hurdle is your age. Bar Council of India has set a age limt which did not used to exist earlier. However the view was that people who take up the LLB course after a certain age are not really serious about it.

For such people LLB is more like a after thought and therefore these guys hold unfair advantage over the candidates who want to make career in LLB. For these candidates LLB is the first career option.

LLB Eligibility

1. Aspirant should have graduation degree.

2. With no less than 45 to 50 percent marks.

3. There is relaxation of 5% for SC/ST.

4. Unfortunately there isn't any for OBC.

5. In DU, there is no percentage criteria for SC/ST.

6. The age limit is 30 years to pursue LLB.

7. Maximum of 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

As you can see that there is no way for you to take admission for the LLB course. Please consider something else.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?