20th March 2012, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Can an NRI student apply for MHT CET?

sir, nephew is studing in gulf 12th science cbsc board he wants to do higher studies in india is he applicable to give mhcet or he hss to go for deemed university under nri quota

23rd April 2013, 10:21 AM
aklk224

Thumbs up Re: Can an NRI student apply for MHT CET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, nephew is studing in gulf 12th science cbsc board he wants to do higher studies in india is he applicable to give mhcet or he hss to go for deemed university under nri quota
Hi Friend,
Sorry, its not possible to apply MHT CET exam .

Eligibilty Criteria is the Candidate should be an Indian national.

Thanks

23rd April 2013, 12:36 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can an NRI student apply for MHT CET?

hi friend,
yes can apply for the MHT CET..

Eligibility For MHT CET

MHT CET is one of the most popular entrance examinations for aspiring technocrats, who are aiming to study in the engineering colleges of Maharashtra.. Apart from the candidates from Maharashtra, aspirants outside this state are also welcome to appear for the examination. In order to do so, they are required to fulfill certain criterion.

Crucial Points for Non Maharashtra Candidates:

If you are wishing to sit for the MHT CET examination, then after your selection you will become eligible to take admission in the unaided private institutes participating in MHT-CET for four year full time degree courses in Engineering/Technology and also in four year full time Degree course in Pharmacy in the unaided private institutes, offering this course.

Eligibility Criterion:

Candidate should be an Indian national.
He is required to pass /appear the H. Sc (10+2 Std.) examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
Any other examination of its equivalent standard with subject combination English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Note for Appeared Candidates:

If you have appeared for the 10+2 standard examination or any other equivalent examination of its standard, but the results have not been declared yet, you need not to worry, because being an appearing candidate you become completely eligible to appear for the MHT CET examination. If you are an OMS or Outside Maharashtra State candidate, then you are not permitted to sit for the Centralized Admission Process on the basis of score in MHT CET. After completion of Centralized Admission Process, you can apply for admission according to the available vacancy in the Unaided Private Engineering Colleges/Institutes on the basis of score in MHT CET.

In this context one crucial point needs to be mentioned that the Constitutional Reservation facility will not be available for the OMS candidates they will be treated as open/general category.

Eligibility criteria for Maharashtra State Candidate and Outside Maharashtra State Candidate for admission to first year of degree courses in Engineering/Technology:

Candidate should be an Indian.
He should have passed the H. Sc (10+2 Std.) examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with subjects English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Candidate has to secure minimum 50% marks i.e. not less than 150 marks out of 300 marks (minimum 45% marks i.e. not less than 135 marks out of 300 marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories belonging only to Maharashtra State) in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics added together.
The candidate has to secure a non zero score in subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics added together at MHTCET.

Eligibility Criteria for All India (Paper-I of AIEEE qualified) candidates: both the Maharashtra Candidates and the OMS candidates

If you are an AIEEE qualified candidate and interested to sit for the MHT CET examination then follow the above mentioned guidelines, because criteria requirement for both the sections is same.

Eligibility Criteria for Foreign National/Foreign student/ PIO/Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries/Children of NRI

Candidate should have passed the H. Sc (10+2 Std.) examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with subjects English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
The candidate also needs to secure minimum 50% marks i.e. not less than 150 marks out of 300 marks in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics added together.

Important Factors for the NRI Candidates:

If you are an NRI candidate, then you are eligible to apply for admission in Unaided Private Engineering Colleges/Institutes. For the NRI candidates there is only 15% scheduled intake capacity.
The eligibility of the candidates will be verified by the respective University Authorities before permitting them to take admission to the Engineering courses in the State of Maharashtra.

7th December 2013, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

I have Completed my 1to 10th class from Gulf & will complete XII from Hyderabad & my parents are Resident of Hyderabad working in Gulf I will be considered local/NRI ?

5th March 2014, 05:00 AM
Unregistered

respected sir,
my son studied class 1 to 7 in india cbse,then continued his studies at saudi ariabia fro 8 to 12,he can apply for comman entrance test,or he has to apply for nri qota.please help me,

8th May 2016, 03:02 AM
Unregistered

my daughter is being studying for 1standard till12th standard cbse student in indian language school in lagos Nigeria will she have to appear mhcet or apimt exams.

21st March 2017, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

I was born in Mumbai and my parents have lived there and have a permanent residence there. Can I apply for MH-CET and be considered in that category for engineering although my current status is NRI since I am studying a in a Indian school in the Gulf

8th January 2022, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

I was born in India.....but studied till 12th in Gulf.I love in Guld...is it possible for me to appear for MHCET gor engineering colleges?my passport and sll documents is of Maharastra adress.please let me know am I eligible for MH CET?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?