5th July 2020, 12:02 PM
Shridhtu

Can we apply for SSC and other entrance with one failed paper in Intermediate?

I had passed 12th from ISC Board in 2019 but failed in Mathematics and got Pass Certificate. So, am I eligible to apply and write the competitive entrance exams like SSC and others?

7th July 2020, 11:24 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we apply for SSC and other entrance with one failed paper in Intermediate?

If you have been issued a Pass or Promoted certificate by a recognised board of education even having failed in one of subjects in your Class 12th board examination then you are certainly eligible to apply for any competitive examination like SSC or etc. as well as higher education degree course provided you satisfy the minimum educational requirement for the same.
8th July 2020, 04:30 PM
Ankur.Sunny

Default Re: Can we apply for SSC and other entrance with one failed paper in Intermediate?

To appear in government services examinations like SSC, a candidate needs to have passed the 10th and 12th from a recognised university or college. So, if you have the passing certificate from your College, you can apply for the examination as the only thing needed is that you must have passed and have the documents to show that you have secured those passing marks.
Exception is that you can't be able to apply for Junior Statistical Officer post because for this post, a minimum of 60% marks in mathematics is required.
Apart from this post, you may not be able to apply for defence services examinations like AFCAT.
But for most other examinations like SSC MTS, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, etc., you can apply
For SSC CGL, you will need to complete your graduation in any stream and have to secure passing marks.

Eligibility criteria for SSC exams:
• You must be an Indian
• You must have attained 18 years of age. Maximum age limit is 30 years for some posts
• You must have secured passing marks in 10th, 12th & Graduation (For SSC CGL) from a recognised university or college.

For more information, you can visit the official website of SSC : http://www.ssc.nic.in
27th January 2022, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i have failed chemistry in 12th but declared as pass on the basis of 6th subject.... So ,am i eligible for ssc chsl/cgl
21st April 2023, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

I have failed in mathematics from isc though i have been awarded pass certificate did i am eligible for ssc cgl will it be a problem to document verification.?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?