22nd January 2020, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Can we study MCA without Mathematics either in Intermediate or Graduation?

Hi, I would like to study MCA degree course from any college affiliated to Bangalore University. However, I did not had Mathematics in my Intermediate and as well as in Graduation. So, can't I do MCA from any college in Bangalore? What about private colleges or institutes in Bangalore for MCA?

23rd January 2020, 11:32 AM
sarika1993

Default Re: Can we study MCA without Mathematics either in Intermediate or Graduation?

If you didn't have mathematics at (10+2) or graduation level and passed graduation other than BCA, then you are not eligible for MCA admission.

Eligibility for MCA In Bangalore University
You must have passed bachelor's degree
with at least 50% marks with mathematics or statistics or computer science or computer programming or computer applications or business mathematics or business statistics as one of elective subject at degree level from a recognized university.

MCA Colleges In Bangalore
- Presidency College
- Mount Carmel College
- Kristu Jayanti College
- Sambhram Institute of Technology
- Global Institute of Management Studies
- The Oxford College of Science
- Acharya Institute of Technology
- Dayanand Sagar Institutions
- Cambridge Institute of Technology
23rd January 2020, 07:46 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we study MCA without Mathematics either in Intermediate or Graduation?

To pursue MCA course, the candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University but it is necessary that Candidate should have studied mathematics as one of the subjects in intermediate from a recognised board.
23rd January 2020, 07:52 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot studyMCA without mathematics in intermediate because as per the eligibility criteria required to pursue MCA course is that the candidate should have completed graduation from a recognised University in any stream but it is mandatory that Candidate should have studied mathematics in intermediate as one of the subjects.
23rd January 2020, 10:26 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

If you have maths in 12th class or in graduate level then you are eligible for doing MCA and if you do not same then you are not eligible for doing MCA.
Because eligibility criteria is any student who have maths in intermediate or graduate level are eligible for doing MCA .

There is no college that offers MCA without maths. However, you can opt the either of the following way
Pick post graduate diploma in computer applications which will make you eligible for 2nd year MCA through lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?