24th June 2011, 09:18 PM
addagaddasrija

Are candidates with backlogs in degree allowed to do masters?

hello,
i am studying btec 3rd year and ihave 3 backlogs in btec 1st year and 2 backlogs in 2-1 but i completed all in supply.and was intrested in doing masters but the problem is i heard that candidates with backlogs are not allowed to do masters is it right???

11th August 2011, 02:01 AM
btcs11

Default Re: Are candidates with backlogs in degree allowed to do masters?

yes ofcourse my friend what you heard is true.
for doing masters you should definitely complete your bachelors. no university will allow candidate to pursue post graduation before completing under graduation.
as you have 4 backlogs first put in hard work and complete your bachelors degree upon completion of that you can pursue higher studies.
all the best
11th August 2011, 02:49 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

For taking admission in master degree you have to clear all the backs at the time of admission that means you have the complete degree at the time of admission then you can get admission in master degree.
6th November 2011, 11:41 AM
rudramishra

For doing masters you should definitely complete your bachelors. no university will allow candidate to pursue post graduation before completing under graduation.
as you have 4 backlogs first put in hard work and complete your bachelors degree upon completion of that you can pursue higher studies.
22nd February 2012, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

am from bangalore university 2004 batch Bcom student i have 2 backlogs in degree is am eligible to write my degree exams this year
24th March 2012, 02:17 PM
jyotsana d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
am from bangalore university 2004 batch Bcom student i have 2 backlogs in degree is am eligible to write my degree exams this year
Dear friend,
Sorry to say, but yo are not allowed to write degree exams. As first you need to clear your backlogs.
No college or university will allows student with backlog to start master degree.

Best wishes
4th June 2012, 02:07 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my btech wit 58.5% and i have detained and i complleted in five years but i have less backlogs. can i able to do ms in us is there any problem the gap in my btech for getting vissa
28th June 2012, 10:45 AM
jyotsana d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed my btech wit 58.5% and i have detained and i complleted in five years but i have less backlogs. can i able to do ms in us is there any problem the gap in my btech for getting vissa
Dear friend,

See for pursuing MS in US, you need to give GRE entrance exam and for which your percentage in B tech is not good enough, it should be more than 70% and moreover you also have backlog so anyway they wont allow you to pursue MS in abroad.
so, first clear your backlog with good percentage and do higher study in some other field in US as your percentage is less for MS.

Thank you
Best wishes
16th May 2013, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

I have 20 backlogs.....and were cleared within the 4th yr...and got 63% and im planing for ms.is there any problem with these cleared backlogs
22nd June 2013, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

hello i have completed my b tech with 63% having 10 backlogs and 23 attempts do i get admission in masters in germany or us
16th July 2013, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

im from 2004 batch student due to some reason i discontinued my studies after doing 2 years of degree. is there a possibility that i can complete my degree. plz help.
17th July 2013, 04:41 PM
nim@1990

Yes, you can do your master in any field but you must be graduate. it doen;t matter that you have backlogs in degree. Just pass your entrance exam like GATE, CAT If you get good score in GATE and CAT you will get admission in good institute.
30th January 2014, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Have 1 backlog in my Bcom, batch 2003 what can i do next?
8th February 2014, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

sir i am b.com final year but i have not completed my first year also i am going to write the exams in this march 2014 if there are any backlogs in march i am eligible to do m.com privately
9th February 2014, 12:25 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

It is true that the candidates who are having backlogs at Graduation level are not allowed to join any Post Graduation course.

Having backlogs in the sense you have not completed your Graduation successfully.

But the thing is that if you have had backlogs and complete them successfully in supplementary exams, then it would be fine. There won't be any problems at all for you with this.

Make sure that you will not be having any pending backlogs by the time you complete your 4th year of your B.Tech course.

If you have pending backlogs,
-You can not apply for Entrance Exams
-You can not apply for competitive exams
-You are not eligible to attend for campus placements within the college and out of college.

These many problems are there for the candidates due to backlogs. So I suggest you to please complete the subjects at regular exams itself.

Try to get good subject knowledge and strong communication skills by the time you complete your B.Tech course.

Then you can easily get job opportunities in MNCs.

Wish you all the best.
9th May 2014, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

does having cleared backlogs in engg. effects visa? does students having cleared backlogs will get visa? what should be the minimum percentage to get visa approved? should we submitt individual marksheets or the final mrksheet to the vo when he asked about our marksheets? pls rly
18th June 2014, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

I had 28 backlogs and took 10 years to complete my btech with 58.6%.Am i eligible for masters study in USA?
19th June 2014, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

i got my results two days back and had passed with 65% but i have 1 backlog in 5th semester can i join m.b.a course now
22nd December 2014, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

I have written 2nd sem exam in 2011-2012 but I had arrear in one sub due to some reasons I dint attended suplementry but for coming may can I complete my arrear
8th February 2015, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Im bsc final year in du i have 1 backlog. Is it possible to continue msc in du which i can clear in the next exam... I don't want to waste a year...
6th April 2015, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

Im du student having one backlog in 5 sem i want to continue in du msc
Is there any chance to get admission where i should clear backlog in december 2015
Can i do it ? Pli tell me
1st June 2017, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

I am in 3rd year ..I have one backlog in 2nd Semester. I wanted to do mba in the batch 2018-2019 ..my backlog exam will be held in may 2018 and result will be announced in October 2018 ..can I apply for the post graduate course in the year 2018-2019?
2nd November 2017, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

I am a third year BSc student I just want to know that when I will receive my degree it will show that I had a backlog in one subject that I cleared will it effect my further MSc admission or something like that?
1st February 2018, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

I have backlog in 5th semester in maths subject from Delhi University , can I persue for entrance exam for MA psychology
17th April 2018, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

I have given my bcom hons exams but I have got few backs so I decided to change my bcom hons degree to general degree. But the back paper marks will show in the consolidated mark-sheet of general degree. Now can I do masters in this case? will I be allowed?
18th November 2018, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

Hello I'm currently pursuing my Bsc degree I have got a arrears in 5th send could clear it supplement exam . Result will given in the end of June if I get admission in any clg for msc I won't have qualif certificate wt will happen
20th May 2019, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

I have 2 backlogs on my higher secondary studies....I cleared all my backlogs...for abroad studies how much percentage is required ????
22nd May 2019, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

I have one back in my bcom can I continue with masters? So I can complete it in December
30th May 2019, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am a bsc student am cleared all my reappear but 2nd semester is left can i do MCA privately from K.u.k.
3rd November 2019, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

I have completed bzc but I have backlogs I can join any courses
30th November 2019, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

I have one back log in my ba can I join for masters and what is the duration tk complete backlogs
8th December 2019, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Hi , I am writing my final year B'com exams now in Dec 2019 in Supplementary , Is it possible for me to take admission immediately in M'Com after my exam without my result so that i won't waste 1 year in http://www.oucde.net ( G Ram Reddy ) after i received my marks sheet i can submit . And i want to know that i can appear in 1 st Mcom exam in 2020 if i get admission
29th December 2019, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

I have 1 supply in bsc and I am doing Msc Chem. Can I continue my 2nd year if I still had a supply after msc 1st year?
15th October 2020, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

I have one backlog in master degree 3rd semester.Am i eligible for purse BEd??
15th February 2021, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

What is the Duration to clear B.com backlogs 2010 passed out?

My friend has one backlog (language) .. what is the way to clear one backlog .. please reply
25th September 2021, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I join msc if I have a backlog in last sem bsc course.. As I want to wait for an year to clear it?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?