30th April 2010, 02:05 PM
himanshu soni

Career options after commerce+maths?

i have recently given 10th board exams,and i want to prepare for ias in future.which subject should i choose _commerce or maths(phy,che maths).which subject is beneficial for me.i am personally intrested in taking commerce is it a good option.

30th April 2010, 08:57 PM
nandhinikuttyrajan

Smile Re: Career options after commerce+maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu soni View Post
i have recently given 10th board exams,and i want to prepare for ias in future.which subject should i choose _commerce or maths(phy,che maths).which subject is beneficial for me.i am personally intrested in taking commerce is it a good option.
dear friend,
you can take commerce+maths to join for ias.after 12th if u want u can join b.a economics also.with that u can go for coaching.
allthe best for your results & future.
2nd May 2010, 01:23 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Career options after commerce+maths?

If you are personally taking interest in commerce then you should go for it. I dont think there is any relation with the course you take in your 11th or 12th since IAS requires you to study the same subjects and have equaly competition. So there is no biased competition for different subjects

So I highly recommend you to join commerce and after your 12th you can join BBA and then prepare damn hard for IAS.

Cheers
2nd May 2010, 02:14 AM
presco

you should definitely opt for commerce as you can do IAS after it.commerce field is exploring day by day.you can also take CA or CS but graduation is necessary to Bbecome IAS
2nd May 2010, 08:45 AM
Harshita21

If you are personally interested in commerce then go for it ,It doesn't matter for IAS whether you are from Commerce or science background.

But burden on science student is more than a commerce student.

If go towards your interest then you will get good score in 12th standard.

Also Commerce+maths = more career opportunities
19th May 2010, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Career options after commerce maths?

can i get post graduation degree in maths being a commerce graduate?
22nd May 2010, 05:45 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
there is a good Career options after commerce maths.you can go for Chartered Accountancy .as well as company secretary exams.you can also opt for MBA from good colleges
23rd May 2010, 08:50 AM
Harshita21

yes you can get master degree in mathematics even you are graduate from commerce.
but there are also other options like : MBA,CA,Mcom.
12th June 2010, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

is CA or CS hard??? actually d problem is that i m a student from jodhpur nd my famly members will not allow me to stay out of my place for studies.. although i m a brilliant student, but then also they are advicing me to opt commerce and study as much... so i m a bit confused about my career ahead . im ready to opt commerce but what to do fter that.........
12th June 2010, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

which nature of job i got after clearing ca
13th June 2010, 11:03 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is CA or CS hard??? actually d problem is that i m a student from jodhpur nd my famly members will not allow me to stay out of my place for studies.. although i m a brilliant student, but then also they are advicing me to opt commerce and study as much... so i m a bit confused about my career ahead . im ready to opt commerce but what to do fter that.........
Yes, CA and CS are both a professional course and hence you can not expect it to be like any bachelors programme. The only way to succeed in these courses is hard work. Once you are dedicated, you can definitely make a successful career out of it.
A chartered accountant is the one who has the highest level of accounting knowledge along with auditing and taxation expertise, where as a company secretary is the one who is appointed in a company which has a paid up capital of more then Rs.50 lakh.So, both of these professional courses has very bright prospect.
Now, as far as your conservative family is concerned, you may pursue these courses through correspondence and since you are in jodhpur, i think that you will definitely be able to join coaching classes which must be available in your town or nearby.
If you can not leave your town, then i would suggest you to pursue CA rathar then CS, because CS coaching might not be easily getable in your home town.
15th June 2010, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to take commerce math but some one says that maths not require in ca & cs so you take eco bec eco is best i am confuse tellme
17th June 2010, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i have just given my 12 th boards i got 90% accounts ,eco, b.st were favourite subjects iam confused what should i opt for b.com(h) or ca ? people say has more value but i want to be in finance sector n iwould like to study eco ,accounts ,bst n maths any other option available
23rd June 2010, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

hi m hemlata i want to be ias so plz suggest me which subject i shoul chose for it
and if i chose arts so in dat which sub i chose i really neeed ur help frnds plz help me out
29th June 2010, 03:25 PM
Senior Member+++

yes friend you have many options for you in future but this time you need to choose from the ca or b.com
after doing b,com you can go for a mba in finance as you want career in finance
6th July 2010, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

i wanna know abt the clat exams ?
6th July 2010, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

bhavana here . i wanna know if i could apply for clat exams now. plz help me with this.
7th July 2010, 08:29 AM
gohan4

HI
Commerce with maths you can do B.com then M.com or MBA
you have very benefit with maths in commerce.
11th July 2010, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Akansha here: I am a student of 11th standard, and have opted for commerce maths as the subjects, i have keen interest in Fashion designing so can i do it with these subjects? If no then what are other career options?
25th August 2010, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am the student of 12th CBSE board. I have commerce with math. Plz tell me
31st August 2010, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

sir iam a student of 11th commerce maths.Is it necessary to take optional maths to be a ca or i can take eco.?
30th September 2010, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

hi dis is himanshu,is ca is better than cs?which 1 of them give better career?
1st October 2010, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

hi i am vivechana i am b.com final year student. after graduation what can i do in commerce math? which cource option avilable.
5th October 2010, 11:10 PM
meeria

dear friend

it is totaly depend on you
here you mention that you are interest about commerce then why you think about science
it is better if you take admission in commerce,
commerce field give to you a good career after complete M.com
or complete B.com then you can do MBA given qualifying exam
like CAT,MAT...............

have a good day
6th October 2010, 12:25 AM
ForumModerator
Forum Staff

If you are interested in commerce then why not go for it. Yeah if you want to do IAS then you can chose a subject related to commerce as your subject option.

So chose commerce as i think you like it and you will surely be succesful in it
6th October 2010, 12:32 AM
nuzhat fathima

hi,
both are good fields,but it depends on you which you can study and score well.if you take commerce you can move only in this field itself.but if you move in science you have many options like medical,engineering,bsc,you can also move to bbm,bcom etc.

think well before you come to any decision
6th October 2010, 03:49 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

YOU CAN DO IAS after comlpleting your graduation in any stream.you can choose subjects depends on your interest becouse you can do IAS after b.tech and also after commerce stream in
+2.for IAS you need only graduation from any stream science or commerce.i yhink for IAS you should join commerce
ok bets of luck
11th October 2010, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

HI,I AM STUDYING IN COMM. (T.Y.).I AM VERY MUCH CONFUSED ABOUT MY CAREER.I AM INTERESTED IN MATHEMATICS.SO PLEASE SUGGEST ME SOME CAREER OPTIONS
12th October 2010, 01:46 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Career options after commerce+maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
If you are personally taking interest in commerce then you should go for it. I dont think there is any relation with the course you take in your 11th or 12th since IAS requires you to study the same subjects and have equaly competition. So there is no biased competition for different subjects

So I highly recommend you to join commerce and after your 12th you can join BBA and then prepare damn hard for IAS.

Cheers
dear friend,

commerce is a good option for further studies.If you are interested then take it.except IAS,you can go for BBA,CA,cost accountant,and also MBA.

good luck.
12th October 2010, 07:16 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Always pursue a course you are interested in. There is no point in studying a course you are not interested in. Since you are interested in commerce you must definitely take up this course. For IAS entrance exam you can select any of the commerce subjects which are in the optional list. In case you are thinking of other options other than IAS you can pursue BCA, CA, ICWA, CS or even take an MBA if interested.
12th October 2010, 09:27 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

if you choose science(physics, chemistry and mathematics) then you have a better option in your career. after studying with science you may go for engineering, medical and other very good career option. but it's need a very good study and knowledge also. it is also difficult a lot.

i think as you have a interest on commerce so you should go for commerce. commerce is also a very good subject and you can go so far with commerce. after commerce you can go for economic honors. you may do job in banking sector and other. but commerce have no better option like science.

in both cases after completion of your graduation you may appear in IES examination. so if you only interested in it you may choose anything you want.
best wishes.
12th October 2010, 11:00 AM
aotiwari

Hi himanshu,
Don't mix two different things, (commerce or science) and IAS.
The field you are interested in take that field where you can show your excellence.
As for IAS you start preparing from now, also check the syllabus for the same.
So don't think of choosing science, if you think you have an interest in commerce go for it.
12th October 2010, 11:22 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu soni View Post
for ias exam, it is necessary tohve physics, chemistry and maths in 12th class becuse a lot of questions comes from that syllabus. but if you are having keen interest in commerce then you must take that. there are a lot of options available for commerce students like CA, hotel management etc.
13th October 2010, 12:21 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, you can do two career oriented courses.

the given below three career oriented courses after commerce+maths will be benificial for you.

1.MCA.

2.MBA.

3.CA.

if you want to do software related jobs in good company. then mca will be best choise for you.

but if you don't have interest soft ware related jobs. then MBA will be best option for you.

but one things you should remember, for getting promotion in company, mba is essentially required.

you can also do CA.

all the best............
13th October 2010, 09:20 AM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Career options after commerce+maths?

DEAR FRIEND

as you are in class 10th so you should concentrate on your studies first perform well in these exams .

to get eligible for IAS you have to complete graduation.

all the best.
13th October 2010, 05:43 PM
vik111

Dear,

you can take commerce+maths to join for ias.after 12th if u want u can join b.a economics also.with that u can go for coaching.

all the best for your results & future.
18th October 2010, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

HI,
I AM DOING MY GRADUATION(BCA) BY CORRESPONDENCE.AM I ELIGIBLE FOR AN IAS EXAM??
28th October 2010, 12:16 AM
shreyasriv

There is a great opportunities of getting a job in Commerce field , there is a demand of maximum organization of it.
31st October 2010, 08:43 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
as u want to become an IAS, and ur field of interest is commerce i would like to recommend u to go for it. There are subjects like economics that u can select for giving IAS examination. work hard with commerce and u'll surely be successful.
Thank you.
3rd November 2010, 05:17 PM
nehachopra1301

the best option is to do CA.....(CHARTED ACCOUNTANT)........OR CS(COMPANY SECRETARY)

all the best................
8th November 2010, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

i am in class 10.i've interest in commerce and maths but the problems is that i dont know what to opt in colleage after doing 12 and also which are the best colleages
13th November 2010, 05:16 PM
malini k

Dear friend,
Since you are interested in IAS you can go for commerce because economics has an important role in IAS
You can also take science , but if there is no interest, then your career will be spoiled
For IAS the best option is humanities branch since it covers history,sociology etc
and you have to refer NCERT text books for preparing for IAS exam
If you are interested in science ,then you have many career options like engg,medicine, etc

So here your mind's voice ,not others!!!!!!!!
Good luck
14th November 2010, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

hii
i m a student of 11th commerce
i have opted for maths as an additional subject as i m having gud interest in it
and i want to persue for any field related to maths only
mainly i wanna be a lecturar
so can i do m.sc maths???
if yes then plzz tell me the procedure for it
if no ,then plzz guide me to some othr options....
15th December 2010, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

i am student of class11th, i had choose commerce maths . can i do msc in maths. i had also had a keen intrest in accounts so what should i do?
19th December 2010, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of 10th class and planning to take commerce maths in 11th so thereby planning to do CA so can u tell me the step by step process of becoming a CA...!and also can i do CA and IAS side by side....???
4th January 2011, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

i am fyjc commerce student and my subjects are maths and it. i want to opt for B.Sc in chemistry can i do so??
4th January 2011, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

if i dont want to do ca,cs and icwa what else i can do
4th January 2011, 10:43 PM
saswata06

If you are really keen about commerce then go for it.You can crack IAS by keeping commerce subject.Best of luck!
5th January 2011, 04:26 PM
arunkumaranand

After commerce ,,in maths you wil get more options in technical jobs in any places. With the commerce qualifications you seethe following jobs..
1.technical wise in BSNL
2.many opportunities .. All the best and good luck.. Thank u
Anand
6th January 2011, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
u must do what u like
if ur family dosent allow then doCA so u can get job anywhere
AFTER 1or2yr dont like it then tell ur family and go out
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?