23rd April 2012, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

Colleges in Kerala offering graduation in bioinformatics? What is the admission procedure?

which are the colleges in kerala offering graduation in bioinformatics.what are the admission procedures

Related Questions:
5th March 2013, 12:41 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Post Re: Colleges in Kerala offering graduation in bioinformatics? What is the admission procedure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which are the colleges in kerala offering graduation in bioinformatics.what are the admission procedures
Hello dear,

As you have said, Bioinformatics is the branch of science, which deals with the information technology attached with the molecular biology. Here the purpose of bioinformatics is to inculcate the material goods of biological information and use it for the development of human beings.
There are scopes which can be used such as agriculture, human health, biotechnology, environment and energy to put forward the biomedical research and development.

As you know, you can study a varied course about this subject:-

1.Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Bioinformatics
2.Bachelor of Science in Bioinformatics

As,after completing this course you can go for :-

>Master of Science in Bioinformatics
>Master of Science (Hons) in Bioinformatics
>Doctor of Philosophy in Bioinformatics

Here is the eligibilty:-

>> The candidate must have passed (10+2) examination with science subject such as (biology, maths and chemistry).
The duration for this course is 3 years.

Some of the colleges are :-

1.Amrita School of Biotechnology

2.Aquinas College,Cochin

3.Kannur University

4.Mahatma Gandhi University

Other than Kerala, there are many colleges that you can try for:-

Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Noida

Annamalai University, Chidambaram

Bharath Institute of Science and Technology,Chennai

Bharathiar University, Coimbatore

Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune

Bio Engineering Research Centre, Hyderabad

Bio Engineering Research Centre (BERC),Gurgaon

Bioinformatics Distributed Information Center,Pune

Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra

Bishop Heber College, Tiruchirappalli, Tiruchirappalli

Bright International Education, Bangalore

Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur

Christ College,Rajkot

CMS College of Science and Commerce,Coimbatore

College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai

Hope this helps, all the best!!
8th February 2014, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Colleges in Kerala offering graduation in bioinformatics? What is the admission procedure?

sir,i am doing a final semester of B.Sc Biotechnology.i like to do M.Sc Bioinformatics.so can u pls suggest me good colleges(without entrance) in south india.pls mention about the fees structure of those colleges.
18th May 2014, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Colleges in Kerala offering graduation in bioinformatics? What is the admission procedure?

i have 76% in 2 exam can i have the eligibility to study biomedical science or bioinformatics
20th May 2014, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

What are the future prospects if we take up the study of bio informatics as our carrier
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?