4th December 2011, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

Colleges which are offering MSc in Astrophysics? What are the job opportunities?

i am a b.tech in mechanical engineering. i want to do m.sc in astrophysics. i want to know the colleges offering this course and the admission procedure? i also would like to know the job opportunities after m.sc? please help me

Related Questions:
  1. Colleges offering MSc in Astrophysics? What is the admission procedure? Job opportunities after MSc?
  2. What are the career opportunities in Astrophysics? Which are the colleges offering Astrophysics in Kerala?
  3. Colleges under Pondicherry university offering integrated M.Sc in Astrophysics? -- [New]
  4. Colleges which are offering MSc Astrophysics?
  5. Colleges offering MSc Astrophysics in Bangalore?
  6. What kind of opportunities are available after completing MSc Astrophysics? What would be the range of salary? Names of institutes offering the course?
  7. Join Astrophysics after B.Tech Electrical and Electronics? Which exams need to be written and colleges offering the course? Is it necessary to do Ph.D after completion of MSc Astrophysics?
  8. Top colleges offering course in MSc Astrophysics and Nuclear Physics? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Any colleges in India, America, Canada, Australia, Singapore offering B.Tech Astrophysics?
  10. Top colleges offering Astrophysics and Instrumentation in Bangalore?
  11. Career opportunities in Astrophysics and Optics? Good institutes offering MSc in Physics? What is the admission in procedure?
  12. Job opportunities in BSc Astrophysics? Which are the best colleges for BSc Astrophysics in Chennai?
  13. Colleges offering phD in biotech in india or abroad? Job opportunities after msc biotech?
  14. Job opportunities, scope and colleges offering admission for M.Sc(Clinical Research, Pharmacovigilance and Anatomy)?
  15. Colleges offering B.Sc in Astrophysics?
  16. What kind of jobs are available for B.Sc(Astrophysics) candidate in India?
  17. Which are the colleges in India offering the course in Astrophysics? What should I do in order to opt for Astrophysics?
  18. Universities and colleges in India offering MSc Astrophysics, Integrated MSc and Ph.D in Astronomy?
17th January 2012, 12:13 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Colleges which are offering MSc in Astrophysics? What are the job opportunities?

Several institutions in India offer the course of Masters in Astrophysics. Some of the reputed institutions are IIAE Uttarakhand, IIT Mumbai, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology Thiruvananthapuram, Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics Pune, Indian Institute of Astrophysics Bangalore, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, MIT Madras. To get details follow the official website of the institutions. For example follow: www. iist.ac.in to get details on the course from Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology Thiruvananthapuram

There are jobs available in ISRO and DRDO in research and technical field. You have to appear for written test and interviews. Also you can apply in the above universities as a faculty member. For more details refer the official website of ISRO,DRDO,IIAE,IIT,MIT etc for job vacancy.
29th July 2013, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Colleges which are offering MSc in Astrophysics? What are the job opportunities?

hii I m the student of b.sc final year n would to complete pg in astrophysics from line university.what are eligibility criteria for admission
30th July 2013, 09:27 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

List of Colleges offering M.Sc. Astrophysics in India:-

-Indian Institute of Astrophysics - Bangalore
-JNTU College of Engineering - Hyderabad
-Osmania University - Hyderabad
-Indian Institute of Science - Bangalore
-Department of Physics - Aligarh Muslim University - Aligarh
-Raman Research Institute - Bangalore

Scope of Astrophysics:-

Astrophysics is a study of Universe including all galaxies, planets, stars, exoplanets and almost every thing in the Universe.

Candidates completing M.Sc. in Astrophysics can either choose to work in India or abroad. The candidate who want to get in to reserach can find jobs as scientist at the following Institutes in India:-

Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai
Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore
Space Science Centre, ISRO, Thiruvananthapuram
National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, TIFR (Pune)
Aryabhata Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital
Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
Raman Research Institute (RRI), Bangalore
30th July 2013, 10:41 AM
nim@1990

Dear,

List of Colleges offering MSc in Astrophysics

Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Koramangala, Bangalore

MP Birla Planetarium, 96 Jawaharlal Nehru Rd, Kolkata

Punjabi University, Patiala

Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore

Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences (BITS), Pilani

Osmania University,

Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
30th July 2013, 03:11 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend these are some best Colleges which are offering MSc in Astrophysics in India:-

- Department of Physics - Aligarh Muslim University - Aligarh

- Raman Research Institute - Bangalore

- Indian Institute of Science - Bangalore

- Osmania University - Hyderabad

- Indian Institute of Astrophysics - Bangalore

- JNTU College of Engineering - Hyderabad

- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology - Thiruvananthapuram

Best of luck.........
30th July 2013, 06:14 PM
anuragkumarjeemains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a b.tech in mechanical engineering. i want to do m.sc in astrophysics. i want to know the colleges offering this course and the admission procedure? i also would like to know the job opportunities after m.sc? please help me
Colleges which are offering MSc in Astrophysics also offers good job opportunities.Jobs are mainly in categories like astronauts,flight leftinent,C class technician,mech.fitter,store keeper,flight sipper,flight technician,missile fitter,satellite operator,scientists etc with better deeds and money.These preferring colleges are

IIT Kharagpur
Master of Science-Physics( AstroPhysics)

Nit Trichy

NIT calicut

NIT Warangal

St. Xavier`s College - Kolkata, West Bengal
Master of Science-Physics( Space Science)

Karnataka University - Hubli-Dharwad, Karnataka
Master of Science- Physics
Master of Science- Electronics

Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University - Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
Master of Science in Physics
Master of Science in Electronics

Gauhati University - Guwahati, Assam
Master of Science in Electronics Science

Visva - Santiniketan, West Bengal
Master of Science- Physics

Munshi Singh College - Muzaffarpur, Bihar
Bachelor of Science

Maharaja Singh College - Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh

Shri Ganesh Rai Post Graduate College - Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh

Indian Institute Of Astrophysics
Mahbubnagar, Andhra Pradesh

MNR Master of Science College
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh

MSS Siddhatha College
Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?