19th April 2012, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Is commerce student allowed to apply for Air Force? What is the qualification needed for commerce student?

is commerce student allowed to apply for air force ? if yes then whatqualification is needed for a commerce student?

21st April 2012, 04:04 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is commerce student allowed to apply for Air Force? What is the qualification needed for commerce student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is commerce student allowed to apply for air force ? if yes then whatqualification is needed for a commerce student?
Candidates from commerce background are eligible to join Indian Air Force but only after Completion of Bachelors degree program. Candidates holding a bachelors degree in Commerce with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate are eligible to join the Accounts Branch of Indian Air Force. The minimum eligible age for the same is 20 years and the maximum age limit is 23 years.

Apart from the Accounts branch, commerce graduates may also join the Administrative and Logistics department and the require percentage of marks and the age limit is same as prescribed for the Accounts Branch.

In order to be considered eligible, candidate will need to qualify Air Force Common Admission Test conducted twice a year by the Air Force Selection Board and the notification for the same is published in the month of June and December each year.
21st April 2012, 11:57 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Is commerce student allowed to apply for Air Force? What is the qualification needed for commerce student?

Quote:
Hey friend,

No,my friend you are not eligible for joining in Air Force being a commerce student

The reason behind it is that for joining in Indian Air Force you need to write the entrance exam and as far regarding the entrance exams held in India for joining in Indian Air Force states that the minimum qualification needed by the candidate to join in Indian Air Force is by completing +2 with Physics and mathematics as subjects.

If you have done this means you can write the NDA Exam which offers you to join in Indian Air force.

As you have done in a commerce stream which makes you ineligible to join in Indian Air Force

But don't worry you can complete your graduation and then apply for exams like CDS and AFCAT and many others which offers you to join in Indian Air Force with a qualification of completing a degree.

ALL THE BEST
21st April 2012, 01:27 PM
vickydhupia2010

Default Re: Is commerce student allowed to apply for Air Force? What is the qualification needed for commerce student?

hi

hi

i am really sorry to tell you that you can not join air force bcz for the joining of air force the tests are NDA &CDS in which mathematics and physics are required
in your case you have no physics so you can not give the test for NDA
the qualification and eligiblity needed for the air force ,you can read in the document i have attached
thank you
31st May 2012, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Ya ' i want to know that hw can i apply the form of air force because i am confused i am the student of 2with commerce. And i tel u one thing that my performanse in 2was vry bad i m passed it with only 39%. I want to became an air force officer. So plz help me. Nd proced me
14th September 2012, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of commerce in class 11th . can i apply for the Indian air force with business math not pure math
27th December 2012, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

I m a commerce student i want to apply for indian army officer can i do dat?? Plz help
27th December 2012, 10:22 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Is commerce student allowed to apply for Air Force? What is the qualification needed for commerce student?

Hi,

As we know there are many branches in Air Force.

So there is need of Commerce Students also.

Commerce students are eligible in Accounts Branch.

Eligibility Criteria :

Candidates should hold a bachelors degree in Commerce with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.

The minimum eligible age for the same is 20 years and the maximum age limit is 23 years.

To join Air force :
Candidate will need to qualify Air Force Common Admission Test.
Which is Conducted twice a year by the Air Force Selection Board.

Cool......
28th December 2012, 12:40 AM
sushildhaker

Yes you are eligible to join Indian airforce in following types-

flying branch

ground duty branch

To get job in these branches you have to qualify the any one exam like

CDS-conducted by UPSc

AFCAT-conducted by airforce itself to recruit candidates for various fields.

or you can appear in UES also.

you will get job in office accountant/administration etc
28th December 2012, 06:51 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You have not clearly mentioned your education qualification ....

If you have a commerce background in your 12th examination then you are not eligible to apply for the Air force entries . Because mathematics and physics as compulsory subjects to apply for Indian Air force examination . Apart from Indian Air force , you are ineligible to apply for Indian Navy also .

And you can not allow to apply for CDS Examination also , because this exam also similar to the NDA Examination . One difference , NDA Exam is intermediate level and CDS exam is graduate level . So they also asking the physics and mathematics as subjects in your 12th examination . So you are not allowed to apply for the CDS Exam also .

But after completing graduate degree , you have a one chance to apply for the Air force examination through AFCAT .

AFCAT Stands for Air force Common Admission Test and conducted by Indian Air force selection board twice in a year . AFCAT Examination is conducting for recruitment of Technical Branch , Flying Branch and Ground Duty Branch . You are ineligible technical branch and flying branch .

But you can apply for the ground duty branch and it consist of ::

-->> Administration & Logistics
-->> Accounts
-->> Education

Administration & Logistics :: Degree with any discipline and must secure at least 50% marks in aggregate of all papers and even post-graduate with any discipline and must secure at least 50% marks in aggregate of all papers may also eligible .

Accounts :: Degree with commerce and must secure at least 60% marks or post-graduate degree with 50% marks in aggregate of all papers .

Education :: Master degree in any discipline with least of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers in your examination .

The notification will be available in the month of June and December in the official website as well as employment news papers also .
28th December 2012, 01:34 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
is commerce student allowed to apply for air force ? if yes then what qualification is needed for a commerce student?
Sorry My dear Friend you will not be to get jobs in Indian Air-Force as per your Educational Qualification.

As per your subject stream,you will not be Eligible to appear in NDA eaxm as well as in CDS exam for Indian Air-Force.

Another way to get jobs in Air-Force is through AFCAT(Air-Force Common Admission Test).

For Joining Air-Force wing you will require the following Eligibility:-

Educational qualification required:-

>>You must have Graduation degree at least of 3 years in any stream from Recognized university.
>>You must have studies Mathematics & Physics in 10+2.
>>Your Graduation degree should be approved from the UGC.

Marks:-

>>Your minimum marks in 10+2 as well as in Graduation should be 60%.

>>Your minimum age should be 19 years.
>>Your age should not be above 23 years.
>>You should be Born between 02january 1991 to 01 January 1995.

Physical Standards:-

>>Your Minimum height should be 162.5 cms.
>>Your leg length should be minimum 99 cms and not above 120 cms.
>>Your Thigh Length should not be above 64 cms.
>>Your minimum vision should be 6/6 without Glasses and 6/12 with Glasses.

28th December 2012, 02:43 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

In case of applying for Air Force a candidate from commerce stream in his 10+2 is not eligible for the exam.

In case if you have completed graduation in commerce stream then you can apply for the exam of Air Force.

After completing graduation you can apply for the CDS and AFCAT exams so that you can qualify it and get into Indian Air Force.

Thank you,

All the best.
28th December 2012, 02:44 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

In case of applying for Air Force a candidate from commerce stream in his 10+2 is not eligible for the exam.

In case if you have completed graduation in commerce stream then you can apply for the exam of Air Force.

After completing graduation you can apply for the CDS and AFCAT exams so that you can qualify it and get into Indian Air Force.

Thank you,

All the best.
28th December 2012, 03:37 PM
ankit80
Member+

Well dear airforce has got mainly three departments.
<>ground duty
<>technical
<>flying
well dear as you are saying that you are a commerce student so you can apply for ground duty branch as it does not require much technical skills.so you have to apply for afcat(airforce common admission test) exam which is conducted every year by airforce itself.
Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?