6th January 2011, 03:55 PM
rouble_gogna

Which companies can I apply after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? Which is better between M.Tech or MBA?

Hello,
I am doing B.Tech. in Mechanical engineering and my question is after B.Tech. which are the companies to which i can apply and also after B.Tech. whether is should choose M.Tech. or MBA .
THANKS.

Related Questions:
  1. Will any industry accept me after scoring a CGPA of 5?
  2. What to do after graduating in B.Tech Mechanical, MBA or M.Tech? Which specialization to choose in M.Tech?
  3. Will I be able to take M.Tech Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech Petroleum Engineering?
  4. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  5. Why most of the students do mba after btech? why not do BBA+MBA or Btech+Mtech? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What to opt after B.Tech Mechanical between MS, MBA and M.Tech?
  7. Integrated Courses: Btech-Mtech and Btech-MBA Entrance Details
  8. Am I eligible for placements after M.tech in the companies that are coming for B.Tech recruitment in my college? I have scored above 70% marks in both year of M.Tech?
  9. Difference between B.Tech+MBA and B.A+MBA? Which stream is better for me in MBA after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  10. Which is better for me after B.Tech Civil Engineering between M.Tech and MBA? Which branch is preferable for me in M.Tech? Scope of job after B.Tech or M.Tech or MBA?
  11. In which stream of B.Tech I will get admission if secured 6887 rank in KIITEE? -- [New]
  12. Companies offering Winter Training to B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student? Procedure to apply for it?
  13. How to join M.Tech Mechanical Engineering through distance education after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  15. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  16. Which course is better for me between MBA and M.Tech to get Government Job with the problem of Colour Blindness?
  17. Best Colleges offering GME course? Will there be any benefit of doing M.Tech in Marine Engineering being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE?
13th January 2011, 12:18 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which companies can I apply after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? Which is better between M.Tech or MBA?

hi...
if you want to do job then you should apply for the companies like
larsen and toubro
mahindra and mahindra
bmw
maruthi
you can also try to write the exams conducted by major psu like ntpc,sail,bhel,etc..
if you are really good in technical part of the mechanical engineering then it is better to go for m.tech or else it will be better to do mba
all the best
13th January 2011, 06:09 PM
kengkora

Default Re: Which companies can I apply after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? Which is better between M.Tech or MBA?

Mechanical engineers have lots opportunity you can go for PSUs (like NTPC, NLPC, NHPC,) private companies like L&T, siemens etc. also you can try in Govt. sector like Railway, ISRO etc.

If you have subject interest and want to be in teaching field then go for M.Tech else MBA is better option
6th February 2011, 10:21 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

If you are interested in doing a job now after your graduation, you can apply for job in the renowned mechanical companies like Mahindra & Mahindra, L&T, BMW, BHEL.

And if you want to do some professional courses,and want to switch from your subject of graduation, then go for MBA in some specialization.

Choice is yours.

Good luck!!
26th April 2011, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

I am too a mechanical engineer and got campus placement in telco construction equipments co ltd which is again very good company.You have lots of choices after completiong undergraduation in mech field like
*construction line (TELCON, L&T,HYUNDAI,CATERPILLAR,HITACHI,JCB)
*automotive line(M&M, Maruti,Skoda,TATA MOTORS,Tvs,Bajaj,Volvo,Bosch,Subros etc)
*Thermal plants (Thermax,NTPC,Bhel,Jindal etc)
*Maintenance field (IOCL,Bpcl,Hpcl,Shell,Slumberberg,Reliance,Essar,O ngc etc)
Choice is yours!! Find or else encultate your interest in certain field outta above and work accordingly..surely you will get success :)
7th July 2011, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

which is better-b.tech in food technology or mechanical engineering?Also i wanted to know the prospects in food technology..
8th July 2011, 01:22 PM
darji.tejas1989
Junior Member+

Dear Candidate,
If you want higher salary after your B.Tech , you should do MBA or M.Tech. Because you will be given promotion by any company on the base of your masters degree. And if you have confident or you have great skills in your technical knowledge then you apply for M.Tech but if you can see your future as a Businessman then you apply for MBA.

Best of luck for your Bright future!
31st July 2011, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

hii I am in 7th sem now... can i apply now for any automobile company & wats the procedure??
31st July 2011, 02:29 AM
aroy8091

Dear friend
If you want to jobs then you can apply for L&T ,MAHINDRA , MARUTI ETC
you can also apply for the exam which are conducted by UPSC like SAIL BHEL NTPC etc .
Or if you want to do further study then mba is better option than the m.tech.

All the best
31st July 2011, 05:52 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
AFter complete your degree graduation in Mechanical engineering
then you able to find good job
in company.
company like:-

JINDAL
SAIL
NALCO
NTPC
BHUSAN
IOCL

all are very good company so you able to apply here also

-But after B.TECh if you go for higher study
then you go for M.TECH taht is good for
you future..............
31st July 2011, 09:21 AM
luckykai007

Hello friend ......

Mechanical engineering is the most preferred branch in the today's time .

There are a lots of opportunities after completing the B.tech degree from the Mechanical branch as the candidates from this has the opportunity of doing the higher education further or do the job itself after the B.Tech degree.

The students from the Mechanical branch get the job opportunities from both the govt as well as the private companies .

Some of the govt in which mechanical students can apply are ::

NTPC
DRDO
SAIL
BHEL
TATA STEEL
JINDAL STEEL
and many others

And among the M.Tech and MBA i would suggest you to choose the M.Tech degree for the further education because as you have done the B.Tech degree and if you are doing for the MBA then your B.Tech has no meaning at all .

So best of luck
31st July 2011, 09:26 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend,

after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering you will have a good Job opportunities.

you can apply in private company as well as govt sectors.

apart from that you can also do higher study like

1.Mtech.

2.MS.

3.M.B.A .

you can apply in the given below govt sectors

1.Power grid.

2.NTPC.

3.IOCL.

4.BHEL.

5.ONGC.

6.IES.

7.DEFENSE.

8.ISRO.

9.BARC.

10.DRDO.

ETC.

in the private company where you can sit for interview

1.L&T.

2.TATA.

3.JINDAL.

4.RELIANCE.

5.TIL.

ETC

all the best.....
31st July 2011, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

i am studying b.tech in eee,i have 65%,i want to complete p.g,which is better to me,either m.tech or mba,how can i improve my technical knowledge?pls send ur valuable suggestions
20th November 2011, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am too a mechanical engineer and got campus placement in telco construction equipments co ltd which is again very good company.You have lots of choices after completiong undergraduation in mech field like
*construction line (TELCON, L&T,HYUNDAI,CATERPILLAR,HITACHI,JCB)
*automotive line(M&M, Maruti,Skoda,TATA MOTORS,Tvs,Bajaj,Volvo,Bosch,Subros etc)
*Thermal plants (Thermax,NTPC,Bhel,Jindal etc)
*Maintenance field (IOCL,Bpcl,Hpcl,Shell,Slumberberg,Reliance,Essar,O ngc etc)
Choice is yours!! Find or else encultate your interest in certain field outta above and work accordingly..surely you will get success
haii..
i am suresh.completed my btech in mechanical engg.can u plz help me out.my mail id [email protected]
22nd December 2011, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

hi everyone,i am 2010 pass out in mechanical stream.but after my last sem i had two backlogs,which i cleared just now.meanwhile i did job for 6-7 months in very small scale forging company at ludhiana at salary of 6K, i am not good at technical.but now i want to do further studies abroad ,i dont have any idea which course i should opt for and from which uni or which country?help me guyz..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?