1st September 2011, 12:21 PM
archkala

Which competitive exams I have to appear for to pursue B.Sc or B.Tech in Genetics?

Hello,
Can I know which all competitive exams should i take to get a seat in a good college to pursue studies in genetics(B.sc or B.tech)??
Regards.

3rd September 2011, 12:53 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which competitive exams I have to appear for to pursue B.Sc or B.Tech in Genetics?

There are very few colleges in India offering B.tech in genetic Engineering.Genetic Engineering and Bio technology are very close to each other hence you can take up either of the courses.Some of the colleges offering Biotechnology Engineering are:-

Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai
Centre for Biotechnology, Pondicherry University
Centre for Plant Molecular Biology, Tamilnadu Agricultural University
Department of Biotechnology, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
Department of Biotechnology, Guru Nanak Dev University
Department of Biotechnology, Jadavpur University
Department of Biotechnology, Punjab University
Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi.
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.

You need to go through entrance exams like IIT JEE and AIEEE for seeking admissions into these colleges.Only few colleges offer standard education because proper lab work is needed.There are many colleges offering B.Sc genetics because B.Sc level is some what lower compared to B.Tech level which involves more of lab work hence it's better that you go through entrance exams for seeking admission into various colleges.
3rd September 2011, 03:47 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which competitive exams I have to appear for to pursue B.Sc or B.Tech in Genetics?

dear friend,
you want to do your graduation in genetics field, then you must have biology as one of your subject in 12th..
If you wants to go for B.tech course , then you have to appear in entrance exams like- IIT-JEE, AIEEE....
After clearing the exam you will get a chance to take admission in B.tech course..
If you want to go for B.Sc course then you fulfill the eligibility criteria of the college in which you want to take admission..
Different colleges mention different criteria, like- Some colleges conduct entrance exams to select students , whereas some are taking students depending on the marks in 12th..
So, it varies from college to college..
All the best..
2nd August 2012, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLETED MY B.SC BIOTECHNOLOGY IN 2009. NOW I HAVE TO DO P.G. WHAT ALL OPTIONS ARE OPEN FOR ME FOR DOING PG AND WAT IS PROCEDURE FOR THE COURSE ADMISSION AND WHICH COLLEGE OFFER THE COURSE?
26th October 2012, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

cn uh suggest me sum government collages for b.tech from genetic ?
29th October 2012, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

i want to take a admission in b-tech bio-tech . pl. sugestion me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?