30th April 2011, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

Which books should I refer while in class 12th for competitive exams? Tips for preparing for IIT JEE and AIEEE exams? Is NCERT sufficient?

Hello!I'm studying in class 12.I am unable to understand that which book should I prefer for the preparation of competetive exams?Iam aScience student and I want to know the tips for preparation of IIT and AIEEE exams?Is NCERT sufficient?

28th May 2011, 02:37 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which books should I refer while in class 12th for competitive exams? Tips for preparing for IIT JEE and AIEEE exams? Is NCERT sufficient?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello!I'm studying in class 12.I am unable to understand that which book should I prefer for the preparation of competetive exams?Iam aScience student and I want to know the tips for preparation of IIT and AIEEE exams?Is NCERT sufficient?
Not only NCERT books can help you all alone you need to follow separate books in order to crack the exams like JEE and AIEEE

These both are known exams for its rigor so you have to be very particular in your preparation stage.

I have some list to get a basic idea on these concepts of JEE and AIEEE

For Physics follow HC Verma.

For Chemistry follow O.P Tandon P Bahadur

For maths follow S.K Goel,M.K Agarwal

With these books you can get an idea about the toughness of the exam and you will be familiarize with the subject

Tips to crack this exam .

Not Necessarily any parameters for this
you should plan accordingly to your interest and grasping power

The rank will be not depend upon How many hours you spent in preparation
It depends on how many hours you perfectly utilized

Before 4 months of the exam
preparing for JEE for 5 hours with full of concentration brings a very good rank

some of the points you must remember while preparing for the exam are
you must be highly concentrated towards your goal

you should know all the pattern of examination and examination procedure of the entrance

Make smart plans and follow accordingly

You must be hardworker for the whole six months
keep all attractions away from you

stick to your preparation
Make the best time in your preparation for your recreation and relaxation ..
practice with some of the mock test to know the competition of the exam
this is all about the exam preparation attitude a candidate must have

Regards

~AdityA~
28th May 2011, 03:19 PM
mandiv

Default Re: Which books should I refer while in class 12th for competitive exams? Tips for preparing for IIT JEE and AIEEE exams? Is NCERT sufficient?

hello..
as per the questions of iit and aieee, only preparing through ncert books is not enough
for competitive exam like iit there should be a time management workflow:-
1. set goals
2. formulate action plan
3. set milestones
4. frame it in workflow
5. break it down into to-do list
6. act on to-do list
7.evaluate your progress

there should be a proper set of revisions
1st revision within two days after doing a topic
2nd revision after 7-10 days
3rd revision approx. after 1 month
4th revision after 3 months
5th revision within last month before exam....

go through the books which provide you the sample papers and complete them in specific time to increase your speed.
all the best
28th May 2011, 05:50 PM
stranger351

Default Re: Which books should I refer while in class 12th for competitive exams? Tips for preparing for IIT JEE and AIEEE exams? Is NCERT sufficient?

I think you have to go with firstly NCERT books..
Because
Total paper of IIT-JEE, AIEEE and other exams are based on NCERT Books.
None of question is not out of 11th and 12th standard Books.
So firstly concentrate on CBSE issued NCERT books.
Of course For clearing doubts and concepts you have to buy another book away from NCERT..
So on the basis my companion HC verma and ARIHANT books are very good to study to understand concepts easily..
OR you can go for FITJEE Notes they are difficult to read but seriously they are very helpful to you..
28th May 2011, 05:56 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

h,
I give you all the good books list , for preparation for IIT JEE .
So success is sure .
Listed below:---

PHYSICS FOR IIT JEE

* MECHANICS

Physics by H.C. Verma
Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov
Resnick and Halliday

* ELECRICITY AND MAGNETISM

Resnick and HallidayCircuits devices and systems by R.J. Smith

* OPTICS

Physics by H.C. Verma

* MODERN PHYSICS

Physics by H.C. Verma
Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov

* HEAT AND WAVES

Physics by H.C. Verma
Resnick and Halliday

CHEMISTRY FOR IIT JEE

* ORGANIC CHEMISTRY

Morrison & Boyd
Solutions to Morrison Boyd
Reaction mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Parmar Chawla

* INORGANIC CHEMISTRY

NCERT Inorganic Chemistry
Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal

* GENERAL CHEMISTRY

J.D. Lee
O.P. Aggarwal
R.C.Mukerjee

Maths

* ALGEBRA

High school mathematics by Hall and Knight
IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna

* CALCULUS AND ANALYTIC GEOMETRY

G.N.Berman
Calculus and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney
Coordinate geometry by Loney
IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna
I.A.Maron

* VECTORS

IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna
28th May 2011, 06:01 PM
edukulla.sandeep

Quote:
hello my name is sandeep.
my choice for materials for preparing competative exams like IIT and AIEEE and NCERT is sri chaitanya and narayana college materials because the lecturers of this college prepare materials of maths , physics , chemistry with very easy questions to hard questions and range of questions start from level low to high in chapter wise.
many students in ANDHRA PRADSH stundy in SRI CHATANYA and NARAYANA institutions and prepare their materials and got more members ranks in AIEEE and IIT and NCERT so prepare thz materials.
these materials are available in all second hand book stall and with students who are studying in these colleges and in narayana and sri chaitanya institutions.
ok prepare well thz materials
best of luck
28th May 2011, 11:46 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

The NCERT books are good to pass in the 12th class exam but if you to crack the IIT-JEE and AIEEE then you have to study a lot of books. For the additional you can take the coaching of IIT-JEE and AIEEE.

Never forget that there is a very tough competition in IIT-JEE and AIEEE. Only those candidate can get a good success who have clear there all concept and this can be not done with the single book preparation but you have to study some other publication books.
9th June 2011, 02:42 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
Dear friend,
NCERT books are sufficient for boards and not for competitive exams like IIT and AIEEE.So you may refer to following books:

FOR BASICS (theory clarity + some easy practice)
Physics - HC Verma (vol. I+II) ; Pradeep/Dinesh
Chemistry - NCERT (class 11+12) ; OP Tandon or Pradeep/Dinesh
Maths - KCSinha (algebra+trigo+coordinate+3d+vector+calculus
+probalbility , only section 1 - basics)
or
RD Sharma (class 11+12)
FOR QUESTION PRACTICE
Physics - HC Verma (vol I+II) ; DC Pandey (objective question bank , Arihant)
Chemistry - Morisson Boyd (for organic high level theory)+JD Lee (for inorganic for high level theory)+ OP Tandon/OP Agarwal (for all)
Maths - KC Sinha (section 2 - competition) ; RD Sharma (objective maths for comptt.) or ML Khanna (new pattern
JPNP) or ML Khanna for IITJEE (subjective)

FOR HIGH LEVEL PRACTICE
Physics - IE Irodov (problems in physics)
Chemistry - RC Mukherjee/P Bahadur (for physical)+OP Agarwal (for organic , JPNP) + BhaktaGosh (entrance chemistry, Bharti Bhawan) or Dinesh Objective Chemistry
Maths - Tata McGraw Hill Maths (course for iitjee)
All the coaching material must be done also (if joined a coaching) side by side.
Generally, coaching materials are cateogarised as easy & tough sections , so you can add them in the required list . Also Morisson Boyd & JD Lee are meant for only special topics. You may also leave RC Mukherjee/P Bahadur + OP Agarwal but one of the other two books is must. Please donot read NCERT in the begining as they are specially confusing and sometimes misleading also . However they are not to be left (even for droppers) .
And finally do buy a good previous year book after you have completed your almost 50% course .
PLEASE NOTE THAT BOOKS SEPERATED WITH "OR" AND "/" ARE SUPPOSED TO BE EQUALANT . ONLY ONE AMONGST THEM MUST BE SOLVED .
I would like the reader not only to rate me but suggest some modification &/or atleast do a comment . ... .. .. . .
.. . . . .. . . .. .. . .. . .. .hope it will help you !!!!!
22nd June 2011, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

i want a book that can clear my mathematic concepts
30th June 2011, 01:08 PM
classontheweb.2011

Hi,
Get information about ITT-JEE:
http://classontheweb.com/iit-jee/

All the best!
Connect with us on:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/classonthewebeveronn
Twitter: www.twitter.com/edu_cafe
5th July 2011, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

. i've started my preparation for iit in my 12th .can you please give me tips for my preparation ?
11th July 2011, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

Please tell me which books should i follow first[for theory and mechanism] for chemistry??
13th July 2011, 05:24 PM
mundada.ashakumari

For AIEEE:
physics: ncert and h.c.verma
chemistry:ncert ,academic text book ,o.p.tandon,
numerical chemistry for physical chemistry
mathrematics: deepthi and text book concepts
for iit jee:
physics: h.c verma ,arihant, clas note book
mathematics:deepthi,arihant,textbook,almost every book to be covered
chemistry: numerical chemistry ,o.p.tandon,ncert text books
16th July 2011, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

how to remember concepts very clearly
26th July 2011, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

hello I don't think that studying of thousand books is more important for this examination .NCERT is sufficient for a stronger base as it needs full concentration and only for higher and competitive equation help books are needed.At last,for cracking any competition proper planing is most important. ~Kashika~
3rd August 2011, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

The degree of dissociation of pure 100 ml water of 25 degree celcious is
2nd September 2011, 07:34 PM
fahran

IIT JEE and AIEEE is the most famous engineering entrance examination of India. Every year a large number of aspirant appear in this examination to test their fate but seat is limited so competition become really hard. Hard work is the only a way for the success in the examination.

PHYSICS FOR IIT JEE

* MECHANICS

Physics by H.C. Verma
Resnick and Halliday

* ELECRICITY AND MAGNETISM

Resnick and HallidayCircuits devices and systems by R.J. Smith

* OPTICS

Physics by H.C. Verma

* MODERN PHYSICS

Physics by H.C. Verma
Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov

* HEAT AND WAVES

Physics by H.C. Verma
Resnick and Halliday

CHEMISTRY FOR IIT JEE

* ORGANIC CHEMISTRY

Morrison & Boyd
Solutions to Morrison Boyd
Reaction mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Parmar Chawla

* INORGANIC CHEMISTRY

NCERT Inorganic Chemistry
Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal

* GENERAL CHEMISTRY

J.D. Lee
O.P. Aggarwal
R.C.Mukerjee

Maths

* ALGEBRA

High school mathematics by Hall and Knight
IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna

* CALCULUS AND ANALYTIC GEOMETRY

G.N.Berman
Calculus and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney
Coordinate geometry by Loney
IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna
I.A.Maron

* VECTORS

IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna

THANKS
3rd September 2011, 07:36 PM
fahran

HI DEAR

IIT JEE and AIEEE is the most famous engineering entrance examination of India. Every year a large number of aspirant appear in this examination to test their fate but seat is limited so competition become really hard. Hard work is the only a way for the success in the examination.

here i given some book for you

FOR PHYSICS
H.C.Verma
arihant magazine
HALLIDAY Resnick and walker
pradeep fundamental

FOR CHEMISTRY
O.P.Agarwal
O.P.Tondon
P Bahadur
dinesh
NCERT(best)

FOR MATHS
M.L.Khanna
R.S.Agarwal
arihant new pattern
D.C PANDEY
K.C SINHA
thanks
9th September 2011, 06:26 PM
manoj rajpurohit

You can refer these books for the preparation of the AIEEE and the IIT exams.

You can refer NCERT books for these all subject, this will be best for you.

for physics:-

halliday Recnick and walker
h c verma

for chemostry:-

o p agarwal
P bahadur

for maths:-

d c panday
r s agarwal
etc.

If you want to prepare for these exams then you should go for study 7 to 8 hours daily.

You should solve all the question in the model test papers for the perfection.

best of luck.
12th December 2011, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

which is the toughest book for calculas
13th December 2011, 01:30 AM
tuntunia

I think you have to go with firstly NCERT books..
Because
Total paper of IIT-JEE, AIEEE and other exams are based on NCERT Books.
None of question is not out of 11th and 12th standard Books.
So firstly concentrate on CBSE issued NCERT books.
Of course For clearing doubts and concepts you have to buy another book away from NCERT..
So on the basis my companion HC verma and ARIHANT books are very good to study to understand concepts easily..
OR you can go for FITJEE Notes they are difficult to read but seriously they are very helpful to you..
24th December 2011, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

im in 10 now.last few days left now.can i make it to iit if i strt now?how shud i proceed?pls tell me in detail....books to which i shud refer..like,which is understandable to an average 10th student.please do reply......
28th March 2012, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

I WILL GO IN CLASS 11 , I WANT TO KNOWHOW SHOULD I PREPARE TO CRACK IITEXAM AND ALSO ABOUT THE COMBINED TEST FOR ALL ENGINEERING EXAMS
1st April 2012, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

i am preparing for aieee.i am student of hindi mediam.my chemistry is so weak.only one months remain.i belong middle class family so some give tips and which books for aieee of hindi
1st April 2012, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

i am preparing for aieee.i am student of hindi mediam.my chemistry is so weak.only one months remain.i belong middle class family so some give tips and which books for aieee of hindi
14th June 2012, 11:18 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Which books should I refer while in class 12th for competitive exams? Tips for preparing for IIT JEE and AIEEE exams? Is NCERT sufficient?

Dear Student,

You must refer to other reference books because you are going to give competitive exams next year. That's why reference books is must for you to prepare for Board Syllabus as well as for Competitive exams.

NCERT is must book, this will clear all your basic concepts and formulaes.
You may prefer many books but I will recommend you for the following books:

Maths
R.D.Sharma

Chemistry
ABC Modern Publishers

Physics
H.C.Verma
12th September 2012, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

can i get 90% marks in I.sc with NCERT book without side book
15th November 2014, 05:48 AM
Unregistered

Am solving K.C. SINHA, R. D. SHARMA, as will as NCERT. So am i able to could get good marks in IIT-JEE (MAIN ADVANCED) in MATHEMATICS subject?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?