25th September 2020, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to pass in Mathematics in Intermediate to be eligible for writing NEET?

Hi, I appeared for my Intermediate Board exams under ISC Board and failed in Mathematics paper though I have 50% above in PCB subject group and I have got the Pass Certificate too. So, am I eligible for NEET examination?

29th September 2020, 02:12 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to pass in Mathematics in Intermediate to be eligible for writing NEET?

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and the minimum education required to appear in the same examination is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate in PCB group subjects from a recognised board of education. Further, there is provision of marks relaxation upto 10% in case of reserved category candidates.

So, having secured 50% marks in aggregate PCB group subjects and declared as a Passed candidate, you are eligible for appearing in the NEET even having failed in the Mathematics paper of your Class 12th.

For complete details and FAQs related to NEET eligibility criteria, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
30th September 2020, 02:34 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Angry Re: Is it compulsory to pass in Mathematics in Intermediate to be eligible for writing NEET?

NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020 – National Testing Agency specifies the detailed NEET 2020 eligibility criteria which have to be met by every medical aspirant wishing to appear for the entrance test.

Candidates must have completed 17 years as on December 31, 2020.

Qualification:

12th percentage required for NEET 2020 are separate for each category and can be listed as under. NEET eligibility marks in 12th to be considered are aggregate marks only for PCB subjects
UR - 50%,
OBC/SC/ST - 40%,
PWD - 45%
30th September 2020, 04:29 PM
jinalmalu

Lightbulb Re: Is it compulsory to pass in Mathematics in Intermediate to be eligible for writing NEET?

Is it compulsory to pass in Mathematics in Intermediate to be eligible for writing NEET

No, 12th boards marks are not counted in calculating your NEET Score but they are needed to help you appear for the exam. The candidates belonging to General Category should score a aggregate minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in their Class 12 or HSC examination.
30th September 2020, 07:52 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to pass in Mathematics in Intermediate to be eligible for writing NEET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I appeared for my Intermediate Board exams under ISC Board and failed in Mathematics paper though I have 50% above in PCB subject group and I have got the Pass Certificate too. So, am I eligible for NEET examination?
To apply for the NEET ,candidate has to clear all the subjects associated in PCB(physics ,chemistry,biology)) in 12th grade with minimum of 50% score.
If the candidate stills applies for the the exam,if the data found untrue ,then the candidature would be cancelled without any notice.
2nd October 2020, 05:07 PM
braj1985

No you should be the pass 12th biology steram then you can apply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?