27th June 2011, 07:52 AM
Unregistered

Which course is better between MBA and M.Tech for a Electronics and Communications Engineer appearing for final year examinations? Scope of jobs after M.Tech?

sir, I am a electronics & communication engineer appearing in final year, after my degree i want to do higher studies & if i just say i want to do MBA some r saying to me that u r a technical person & why unnecessarily u r going in management field,just do M.Tech by appearing GATE...and some r saying that by doing M.Tech you can only become a lecturer or a researcher and no other way.aren't there any companies which offer me job by doing M.Tech.? i m very confused that what should i do? please guide me, i'm in dilemma, is there any scope for jobs after M.Tech and i don't want to become a lecturer or a research scientist in future. what will b good B.Tech+MBA or B.Tech+M.Tech..? which of these two has got good career opportunities.plz...plz...please... get me out of this confusion by suggesting me to go in a good way. THANK U.

27th June 2011, 04:48 PM
kritika@Hans

Default Re: Which course is better between MBA and M.Tech for a Electronics and Communications Engineer appearing for final year examinations? Scope of jobs after M.Tech?

hello dear...
first of all RELAX.
by your post you seem very tensed....
dear the best career option is one in which you are interested the most.....
dear look if you are quite interested in technology then go for M.TECH ... it is not necessary that you jobs at post of lecturer or so there are many other opportunities also...
but if you have a leadership quality and command and want to mix your technical skills along with the business techniques then go for MBA ,....
both have almost same salary package but doing MBA now a days is quite in demand so it would be better for you to do MBA....
there are many fields in MBA too like the best that could suite you is HR....
well all the best
27th June 2011, 04:56 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is better between MBA and M.Tech for a Electronics and Communications Engineer appearing for final year examinations? Scope of jobs after M.Tech?

hi dear
both mba & m.tech are good but if you don't want to be lecturer
then you can go with mba in finance or in marketing for which you can get
good company job like

tcs
wipro
satyam
etc...

there is also good carrer in m.tech those who are intrested in teaching line.
27th June 2011, 04:57 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
both mba & m.tech are good but if you don't want to be lecturer
then you can go with mba in finance or in marketing for which you can get
good company job like in

tcs
wipro
satyam
etc...

there is also good carrer in m.tech those who are intrested in teaching line.
27th June 2011, 05:40 PM
raja badam

Dear friend,
do not worry,If you are get M.Tech seat in good college.you will go for M.Tech.if you get seat in M.Tech in good college that represents your talent and also you are eligible for studying M.Tech.you can get stipend also.if you are not get seat in good college you are go MBA.

Both fields are good.if you do MBA is possible for you that means economically.you go for MBA is your first option.other wise go for M.tech
27th June 2011, 07:22 PM
frooty.scooty

Its purely depends upon your interest not others.

After B tech both are good.

Now you are pursuing B tech final year.

After completion of your B tech you will go for M tech.

Of course after b tech ,MBA is very valuable.

if you want to make money get more luxuries so choose MBA .or if you like challenges able to do in the field of engineering choose MS and phd but yes MS is a tough job with less Money.

MBA is much easy for an engineer and it is an option which will remain for you even in old age ///

I feel its better to use your youth and go for Master in engineering ... and when you become tired or old or got some family responsibilities then go for MBA ...

In my view, MBA is a fun for an engineer when you want relax in your life go for MBA ... but when you want to Do some thing, to develop some thing, to check your abilities and strengths then go for Masters in Your field ...

I not mean to criticize some one ... but just that if you want to become stable and want stop and relax in your life then MBA is best ...

According to your query you can't interested in lecturer or a research scientist.So after completion of your m tech you can go for higher studies.

Its your future.So choose the course according to your interest.
27th June 2011, 11:56 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which course is better between MBA and M.Tech for a Electronics and Communications Engineer appearing for final year examinations? Scope of jobs after M.Tech?

hello friend,
Upon the completion of M.Tech, the job prospects that are made available for individuals will be quite high. Lucrative jobs can be got with corporate sectors or IT sectors. Another option available for students is to opt for a career in teaching. As numerous engineering colleges have been opened, qualified faculty members are of great demand. Those who have PhD in their specialized subjects have a scope of getting jobs not only within the country but also overseas.
there is good scope of doing MBA after B.Tech with Electronics and communication or B.tech with any other specialization.
You can find jobs in some public sector companies like ISRO or BED etc. Try to apply for these public sector jobs. But what is required to get the job in such companies will be communication skills which play a major role from interview perspective.

Just doing MBA for the sake of certificate will not fetch you anything. By the you complete your MBA, you should be good at
-soft skills
-communication skills
-managing capabilities
-future trends in Indian business

Try to get admission in B-schools so that there is so much of value for your certificate and you can find a good employment opportunity.

..... so u may go in any feild.... lastly choice is yours
28th June 2011, 07:23 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

There are good number of opportunities after M.Tech and also MBA. It is not necessary to go into the teaching or research field after M.Tech. You can find work which will be technically oriented. If the same interests you then take it up. If you would like to go into an administrative role then do take up an MBA.
4th July 2012, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

sir im doing B.E. IN ELECTRONICS &im in final year so what should i do after degree
25th August 2012, 03:54 AM
Unregistered

what are the average packages after doing masters in electronics and communication from 'A' grade and 'B' grade colleges. . .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?