10th August 2010, 10:31 PM
devashish

Course to do become a Astronaut and Space Researcher? BSc in physical sciences good for this?

sir,..i want to become an atronaut or a space...researcher...because i like to know about space...
In that case what course should i take....?

if i do bsc in physical sciences...from DU(delhi university)....can i got job in nasa,isro or any other ....??
please.....help me......

10th August 2010, 11:55 PM
adityabhushan

Default Re: Course to do become a Astronaut and Space Researcher? BSc in physical sciences good for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devashish View Post
sir,..i want to become an atronaut or a space...researcher...because i like to know about space...

if i do bsc in physical sciences...from DU(delhi university)....can i got job in nasa,isro or any other ....??
please.....help me......

dear for any of space research organisation you need master degree either in technical or in physics.

actually you are doing bsc with physical science , then i am not sure about this . that, with physical science you are applicable for aestronaut.
actually there is no any connection with physical science and aestronaut.

so you should do master degree with physics that can be better.

and for more details you can visit ISRO official siite.

regards
aditya
11th August 2010, 01:21 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Course to do become a Astronaut and Space Researcher? BSc in physical sciences good for this?

Dear friend,

To become an astronaut you have to complete degree courses in aeronautical/aerospace engineering or further Phd courses on physics.

Doing only B.Sc in physical sciences is not enough for becoming an astronaut or space researcher.

You have to do further higher studies in this field related with astrophysics or space physics.

At first complete Master's course and then go for Phd research fields and then you can be assure yourself whether you will become an astronaut.

All the best!
11th August 2010, 01:34 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

To become an astronaut , you need to do "Aeronautical / Aerospace Engineering". Aeronautical / Aerospace Engineering is one of the most challenging fields of engineering with a wide scope.

Then you need to apply to NASA after your graduation to become an astronaut. Selections are made on an as needed basis. NASA announces candidates every two years, selecting about a hundred men and women out of thousands of applicants.

Yes, BSc. in physical science from DU will definetly help you to get a job in ISRO & NASA.

For pursuing a career in theoretical or observational astronomy you can join for a major/ honours in Physics with Mathematics as a subsidiary subject.

Thereafter, take a master's degree in Physics or Astronomy. After the successful completion of MSc, one can do specialization in astronomy leading to Ph. D. which enables one to become an astronomer/ astronaut/ astrophysicist or a scientist/ research officer etc. in the field of space research.
11th August 2010, 01:14 PM
Rickers

Hello friend,

No sorry only B.sc in physics is not sufficient for it..
To become an astonaut you must have to fulfill these criteria.
* Must have a bachelor degree in physics
* Must have a master degree in astro physics.
* Phd in astro physics.
* Submit paper in astro physics.
* Called by BARC & ISRO as a junior scientist.
* After having 4-5 year experience you become senior scientist.

So you need to get more and more degree in the field of physics.
So work hard for your future.
Best of Luck.!!!!
11th August 2010, 02:47 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend..
if you have interest in this space research field .. than it is good for your future because there are so many scope in this field
so go for it ,it has very bright future.
best of luck ..
11th August 2010, 05:15 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

isro takes 3 departments:
cs,mechanical and ece.
going through their entrance you could join isro.
forms comes in feb,exams in april.
11th August 2010, 07:08 PM
rohit_k

dear friend
your choices so good you can do become a Astronaut and Space Researcher after bsc physical is completed.and you should get master degree in physics thats a better for you and physics is more important for become a Astronaut and Space Researcher.
good luck..........
11th August 2010, 07:32 PM
amitjadon

Smile Re: Course to do become a Astronaut and Space Researcher? BSc in physical sciences good for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devashish View Post

please.....help me......
HELLO,
ITS a good thing that you have a great interest in space and research. yes doing bsc will definitely help you in becoming a space researcher but its only a start you must get you masters degree in this field.

major thing is keeping track of the following web site so that you r well learn about the advancements in science of space.
job opportunity are plenty you must have the talent..

http://www.isro.org/

ALL THE BEST
13th August 2010, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,
right know i m doin mechanical engg. 1st year... i want to become a space researcher so that i can get a job in nasa or isro...
i m confused that doing M.E in mech. can lead me to become space reseacher or i need to do B.Sc, M.Sc in Physics...please guide
me sir.....
16th October 2010, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

i am a 10 std student i want to become an Astronaut or Space Researcher which engineering i should do after 10.
28th October 2010, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

hi sir , i ve completed BCA . do i ve any opportunity to come to aerospace field... can u suggest any course for me to come to this astronomy field... plz help me out..
29th October 2010, 03:20 AM
professor.singh

hello,

just dong Bsc in physics will not be suficient for becoming an atronaut or a space researcher. You must atleast have an masters degree in astro physics.
then you can apply for ISRO or BARK.

for more details visit: http://www.isro.org

all the best
29th October 2010, 03:42 AM
babydoll

Hi!
For becoming an astronaut or space researcher you need to have degrees like B.sc in astro/aerodynamics, M.sc in astro physics, Phd inthe field of space and research from reputed organisation such as IISC.
So keep studding you are in right track......best wishes!
29th October 2010, 08:04 PM
yogananda143

To undertake the MCA course, you must first appear for an entrance exam & qualify.
You must have mathematics at + 2 level.

BCA graduates have to take admission through appearing in the entrance exam. Lateral entry is not possible.

Also, M.sc (IT, CS, ), MS, BCA+Advance Diploma in Computer Application etc. qualification is required for Laterl Entry.
13th November 2010, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

colage of astro scientist
2nd December 2010, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

HI! I'm a 15 year old boy, yet to appear for my std. 10 ICSE boards. I am mega interested in astrophysics and I'm sure I'd want a career in it. So, my question is what should I be doing after my boards? I'm totally confused with all the information I'm getting on various sites. Some help would be appreciated! :)
10th December 2010, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir, i m doing BSc. Applied physical science frm Delhi university. can i takes lateral entry in b'tech aerospace or aeronautical ? Nd please tell me in which colleges i can apply?
9th February 2011, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

please help me
i have done B.SC. with Electronics as one of my subject also i had maths in the year 2007 batch.
i have keen desire to work for NASA, ISRO, DRDO.but due to lack of guidance i couldn't do it
am i eligible to do anything like phd in astrophysics etc

plz plz plz help me
28th February 2011, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Good evening all....I would like to become a space scientist,Now i have a confusion that which course is better in btech means Mechanical or ECE....please guide me............... Murthy.
29th March 2011, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

good evening 2 all.......... rite now i have just clear my 12 board exams and i am interested in space physics so kindly can u tell me what should i do next either b.tech or bsc honors and in which field
29th March 2011, 01:42 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Hi,
To become an astronaut you have to complete degree courses in aeronautical/aerospace engineering or further Phd courses on physics.

Doing only B.Sc in physical sciences is not enough for becoming an astronaut or space researcher.

You have to do further higher studies in this field related with astrophysics or space physics.

At first complete Master's course and then go for Phd research fields and then you can be assure yourself whether you will become an astronaut.

Thank
9th April 2011, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have completed my PG(Biotechnology) course.... i m really interested in doing space research, what step should i take further to achieve my aim?
26th April 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

now i m dne wd my 12th boards.. want to go in the feild of space n science? wt should i do? if i wl do eng. in any othr feild thn aerospace, cn i still be a resechr in space science?????????????????? pls help me out..... i also wnt d list of affordable coleges..
14th May 2011, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

can i do B.Sc. in physics from any university to be an space researcher?
18th May 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

can i become an astronaut only by doing aeronautical engineering???...

or should i have any other qualification????
6th June 2011, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

to becom an astronaut what course i have to do after 2 puc
6th June 2011, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Good evening sir. Sir i want become a aero space sciencetist. But i compleated my degree in bsc electronic computercience. So idont know what my next step plzzzzzzzz give me the any sucesstion. Plzz
20th June 2011, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

sir do we have to write entrance test to start the courses for B.tech in aeronautical engineering
24th July 2011, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

i am doing B.tech . in bio-technology !! will i become an astronaut ???????????? pls guide me !!!
19th September 2011, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

im study in 12th science in cbse board from himachal,so may i have chance to do bsc from gujraat univercity?
23rd September 2011, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am khushi student of b.s.c in physics by manav bharti university.
what can i do to become an astronaut after that. please give me answer as soon as possible.
THANKYOU.
31st October 2011, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

hai am doing my 3rd B.tech of cs dept
i want to become an astronaut help me?
7th November 2011, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

sir i am the student of microbilogy and i want astromicrobilogist !! for that what should i do...??plz hlp me sir !!
31st March 2012, 11:54 AM
jobsee

13th April 2012, 12:38 PM
neat_raw

As you are doing bsc with physical science , then i am not sure about this . that, with physical science you are applicable for aestronaut.
actually there is no any connection with physical science and aestronaut.so you should do master degree with physics that can be better and for more details you can visit ISRO official siite.
13th April 2012, 12:45 PM
neat_raw

As you are doing bsc with physical science , then i am not sure about this . that, with physical science you are applicable for aestronaut.
actually there is no any connection with physical science and aestronaut.so you should do master degree with physics that can be better and for more details you can visit ISRO official siite.
13th June 2012, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

which branch in b.tec should take if i want to become an astronaut
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?