26th July 2011, 03:33 PM
Shivam sam

Which course is having better scope and placements between ECE and Mechanical? Which business I can do after doing job for some years through ECE?

sir, i've just passed xiith class taken admission in engg. college but i'm still confused if i should choose ece. or mechanical, which of them has better scope & placement, i also want to know if i can do bussiness after doing job some years with ece. if yes then which type of bussiness????, sir plz help

26th July 2011, 08:10 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is having better scope and placements between ECE and Mechanical? Which business I can do after doing job for some years through ECE?

hi....as for as the placements are concerned then ece is definately far better than mechanical according to current market conditions but it can change in the future and as you will complete your engineering in four years nothing can be said because its an long time for market to guess,but if you are thinking of doung bussiness then i think mechanical engineering has better scope than the electronics engineering but still there are many bussiness opportuniteies in electronics field also specially with such huge demand for electronics goods,but as for as government jobs are concerned then surely there is more demand for the mechanical proffessionals than an electronics proffessional
26th July 2011, 09:47 PM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Thumbs up Re: Which course is having better scope and placements between ECE and Mechanical? Which business I can do after doing job for some years through ECE?

You need to choose between the same based on the area where you plan to make a career. You have not mentioned on which type of gadgets interest you. If you would like work in the areas like telecom and other electronic items then electronics is the better options. Otherwise you can choose mechanical. There is good scope in either of the options. You should first prepare for the AIEEE and other other engineering entrance exams. Once you get the score you need to check the options available. As far as possible you must try to join reputed institutes. This will increase your career prospects. You can seek guidance from your teachers for the same.
27th July 2011, 10:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is having better scope and placements between ECE and Mechanical? Which business I can do after doing job for some years through ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam sam View Post
sir, i've just passed xiith class taken admission in engg. college but i'm still confused if i should choose ece. or mechanical, which of them has better scope & placement, i also want to know if i can do bussiness after doing job some years with ece. if yes then which type of bussiness????, sir plz help
dear friend,

both department have good scope and have good jobs for govt sector.mechanical department one of the best department as per govt sector.

but from ECE you have scope in govt and private sector. the govt sector jobs are ISRO ,DRDO ,BARC ,BSNL ,RAILWAY ,IOCL etc.

also if you have 60%above marks then you are eligible for maximum no software company like TCS , CTS ,WIPRO ,IBM , HP etc.

so dont worry from my point of view ECE department is better than MECJANICAL departments.

all the best
27th July 2011, 12:57 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

now a days scope after engineering is always high whatever stream you will chose. but after few years i think demand will decrease significantly. Mechanical engineering stream is called evergreen stream. there is always demand of mechanical engineering. there are few number of students every year pass out from mechanical engineering branch.

but in electronics and communication engineering now a days there is a trend to take admission. so many students are taking admission in this stream. as a result the competition is very high. so many students are not getting job in core electronics and communication field. most of them are joining in software industry and working in software industry through out the life.

i think you choose your career option according to your interest.if you think that you have interest on electronics and communication engineering then choose this branch of engineering. because if you are good in any branch then surely you will get job in that branch. otherwise you may choose mechanical engineering also if you want to choose a safe carer option.

after few years if you want to do business in ECE field then obviously you can do. you may start business in communication field or in electronics field. you may manufacture electronics goods or goods which are related to communication field. after studying in ECE if you join in software industry then you may also start one business in software field like software production field or software development field or software testing field etc.

best wishes.
27th July 2011, 01:03 PM
saurav9889

friend as such mech. is an evergreen option since mech. engg. graduates have lots of job offers from both public,govt. and pvt. sector companies. ece is an evolving subject but at its core not much jobs are avialable in india. moreover if u want to do a business after some yrs then get enrolled for an mba after your btech it will help
27th July 2011, 01:13 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
In engineering all branches are good
and placement all branches are equal
it is specially depends upon student how they will perform in campus
rather than which branch is this or not?

So now go for ECE- Electronics communication

this is a subject regarding the electronics item.

Mechanical is study on machine.

now choose branch completely depends on you
because what is your favourite area that is good for your future.

Do not bias any one talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck......................
27th July 2011, 01:15 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
In engineering all branches are good
and placement all branches are equal
it is specially depends upon student how they will perform in campus
rather than which branch is this or not?

So now go for ECE- Electronics communication

this is a subject regarding the electronics item.

Mechanical is study on machine.

now choose branch completely depends on you
because what is your favourite area that is good for your future.

Do not bias any one talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck......................
27th July 2011, 03:56 PM
Shruti Mehta....

Both branches are good and have their individual craze among mass.both are evergreen branches as neither transport nor communication is going to get out of demand. so i would suggest you to chose branch according to your field of interest or you may chose according to your college as in which particular branch of your college is more reputed and which type of companies often visit your college during placements.

regarding business, there are many fields-
- power sector
-semiconductors used in space, military applications, communication system etc.
-in automative, instrumentation, medical electronics field etc.
- home appliances, television, computer parts etc.
27th July 2011, 05:28 PM
Arsalaan

Both ECE and Mechanical branches has their own individual importance.
There are good options in ECE , but it includes a lot of competition, you can even get jobs in software sector.
Mechanical branch always has its own importance and establishment.

Lastly all depends on your interest.
27th July 2011, 06:35 PM
kharn

hai, in these days the mechanical and the ece departments are both in the same valued.but what is your interest choose that.any one can says this is the best course this course is having the best opportunites but who is consentrated with one field who is the winner and he is getting the best opportunites. best of luck.................
27th July 2011, 08:08 PM
kunjeyan5282

i think you choose your career option according to your interest.if you think that you have interest on electronics and communication engineering then choose this branch of engineering. because if you are good in any branch then surely you will get job in that branch. otherwise you may choose mechanical engineering also as it is perenial stream.
11th August 2011, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

which branch should i opt ECE or Mechanical? i have not got a good clg. and i want to clear GATE ,i've heard that there is now a lot competition in ECE to do M.Tech through the IIT's....
10th September 2013, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Mechanical student may go in software company.
6th July 2014, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

sir I have finished 12th with 97.25 % in PCM in chennai. I am interested in making railways engines but i am confused which to do either B.E E.C.E or Mechanical.please tell me sir wich would hav good scope in future with high salary? WHICH COURSE I SHOULD SELECT ?
6th July 2014, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

sir I have finished 12th with 97.25 % in PCM in chennai. I am interested in making railways engines but i am confused which to do either B.E E.C.E or Mechanical.please tell me sir wich would hav good scope in future with high salary? WHICH COURSE I SHOULD SELECT ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?