21st August 2014, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

Which are the courses in Airforce for women after completing 12th commerce(MEC)

hii. iam rekha i had completed 12th commerce(M.E.C).i want to join in air force.so plz tell me about the courses in air force for women.and guide me to select the best ..............thank u

23rd October 2015, 08:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which are the courses in Airforce for women after completing 12th commerce(MEC)

Being a commerce stream student you are not eligible for joining Indian Air force or Indian Navy as for the same one needs to be a science stream student throughout their academics.

But you have the option of Indian Army with you but that too once you complete your bachelor degree course as at higher secondary school level only male candidates are eligible for joining defense services.

For joining the Indian Army after completing your bachelor degree course you will have to clear Combined Defense Services ( CDS ) examination which is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission ( UPSC ) in two stages which are respectively called as Written examination and Service Selection Board ( SSB ) interview.

--> For appearing in the same examination for joining Indian Army ( Military ) you need to have the following qualifications as given here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 19 years to 24 years for IMA where as for OTA it must be within 19 years to 25 years.

* You must have either completed your bachelor degree course or must be in the final year of same with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

For further details regarding the same examination you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd October 2015, 08:58 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which are the courses in Airforce for women after completing 12th commerce(MEC)

Sorry, you are not eligible to join the Air Force at the present educational qualification being a girl candidate.

To join the Air Force being the girl candidates you have to qualify in the CDS and the AFCAT entrance examination.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates must have the Physics/Mathematics as main paper in the graduation.
* Candidates age must be between the 19-23 years.

So as you have commerce in the 10+2 board examination.. So you are not eligible to appear for the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?