24th May 2012, 02:34 AM
tom mathew

Which are the courses offered after passing B.Tech? How to get into Petroleum industry?

sir,
i am doing my 5th semester b.tech degree in mechanical engineering.i would like to know about courses offered after btech to get job abroad related to mechanical field.
i would like to how to get into petroleum industry.please give required details about it.also please tell about how to get into big manufacturing industries.

Related Questions:
25th May 2012, 12:24 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which are the courses offered after passing B.Tech? How to get into Petroleum industry?

B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering qualification could get you a job in Petroleum industry.
All the PSUs dealing in petroleum business, conduct recruitment tests for Mechanical
Engineering graduates.
Some PSU do recruitment through GATE score.

Getting a job in leading foreign oil company in India or abroad is not that easy.
Such companies generally recruit engineers from leading engineering colleges only
like IITs, ISM Dhanbad, MIT Pune, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology.

You can apply to those companies by uploading your resume on the career section
of their official website but unless you have very good academic background and
some experience in relevant field, you will be getting regret reply mostly.

To make your way easy to such companies, you should join M.Tech. course
in Petroleum Engineering or masters in Geology/Geophysics etc.
in such a college where foreign oil companies conduct campus recruitment.

Name of such colleges are mentioned above.

You should appear GATE examination and score well to secure a seat in this colleges.

http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/
25th May 2012, 12:38 AM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Wink Re: Which are the courses offered after passing B.Tech? How to get into Petroleum industry?

Hello Friend,

B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering qualification could get you a job in Petroleum industry.
All the PSUs dealing in petroleum business, conduct recruitment tests for Mechanical Engineering graduates.

To make your way easy to such companies, you should join M.Tech. course
in Petroleum Engineering or masters in Geology/Geophysics etc.
in such a college where foreign oil companies conduct campus recruitment.

Thank You!
16th June 2012, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which are the courses offered after passing B.Tech? How to get into Petroleum industry?

iam a fresher,finished Btech mech engg and, can i get job in gulf contries without any experience
7th December 2012, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

i just complete b.tech in mechnical and i want M.tech in petroleum and in india where i get admission and i want to distance learning
12th December 2012, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

I have a question that what are courses offered in iit's (rather than B.Tech , MTech)
15th December 2012, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

is gate rank is sufficient to get into petroleum industries?
23rd March 2013, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

sir i do my ece final year, i would like to know what course should i take to have a career in petroleum industry
22nd June 2013, 06:40 PM
4muhammedali

Smile Re: Which are the courses offered after passing B.Tech? How to get into Petroleum industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom mathew View Post
sir,
i am doing my 5th semester b.tech degree in mechanical engineering.i would like to know about courses offered after btech to get job abroad related to mechanical field.
i would like to how to get into petroleum industry.please give required details about it.also please tell about how to get into big manufacturing industries.
after btech electrical engg..i wnt to go gulf countries ..i wnt to know good short trem courses..which give more salary
3rd August 2013, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my btech in civil engineering and im interested in mtech in petroleum engineerin is that possible plsss help me....
19th September 2013, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

As I m frm electrical instrument dept what I want to do to get into petroleum cmpny..
4th April 2016, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am doing Btech petroleum technology. I would like to know about other best courses which I can do after completing this btech petroleum technology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?