31st March 2012, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Which courses are offered to study about space? Universities offering the courses and which subjects play a key role to study these courses?

I am Pavani.I am studying B.tech 2nd year.I have joined in the course of Electrical And Electronics Engineering.But I am interested to study about space.What are the courses offered to study about space?Which universities are offering the courses?Which subjects play a key role to study these courses?

29th June 2012, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which courses are offered to study about space? Universities offering the courses and which subjects play a key role to study these courses?

HI I AM DOING 10TH AT PRESENT AND IM INTERESTED IN SPACE RELATED COURSES. WHICH COURSE CAN I DO AFTER MY 12TH IS THERE ANY ENTRANCE FOR THESE COURSES
7th November 2012, 04:47 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which courses are offered to study about space? Universities offering the courses and which subjects play a key role to study these courses?

dear aspirant...

Most important for astronomy is to study physics and maths.

There are many different fields of astronomy from the instrument building teams who work with their hands to the theoretical branches where mathematical ability and physical intuition is essential.

In all branches of astronomy, and indeed life, good programming skills are invaluable. Perhaps the most essential ingredient is curiosity and the ability to search out answers.

If you would like to be involved in some research projects, please let us know and we can direct you to the right places.

JEST examination

The JEST examination is held once in a year, in the month of February. No material is available for the preparation. The pattern consists of multiple-choice objective questions, covering general areas in the field of physics. The exam checks for analytical skills, knowledge of the subject and ability to tackle the problem. The maximum number of allotted marks is 150, evenly divided among fifty questions with negetive marking for wrong answers. The time allotted for the exam is three hours. Please refer to national and international journals for information about astronomy. For details about journals, please visit Librarypage on our website. Students with a post graduate degree in physics or M.Techdegree in engineering or a bachelor's degree in engineering, in any field are eligible to apply for JEST examination. Information regarding the examination will be published in the newspapers.

There are several institutes in India which offer you to pursue a career in astronomy. Below is the list of institutes. You may visit these websites for more information.
Indian Institute of Astrophysics, (Bangalore)
Indian Institute of Science, (Bangalore)
Raman Research Institute, (Bangalore)
Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, (Pune)
National Centre for Radio Astronomy

Most of these institutes offer opportunities to the aspiring candidates based on a joint entrance test followed by an interview.The minimum qualification required for appearing for the entrance exam is a
Master's degree in Physics. Some of these institutes accomodate engineering graduates as well.
23rd November 2012, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

Now i am doing B.sc physics. I want to know the course offered to study about space, sun, planets,.. I want to know the institutions which offered to study about the space. And entrance exam, procedure, registration all details i want.
1st December 2012, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

for instrumentation are there any courses in mtech aerospace
9th December 2012, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

I am an M.B.A. student and I have very much curiosity in studying space, but I did my 12th in Commerce. So is there any opportunity to study about space now? Is there any courses offered to people like us? if yes then can you please send me the details through mail. My mail ID is "[email protected]".
28th May 2014, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

I would like to know which course in engineering offers me to study deep about space.
31st May 2015, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir, right now i have taken admission in PGDM. After completion of my study is there any criteria to become a bank manager related to my course.if yes then what should i study
31st May 2015, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

I am shreya.i am doing pgdm.i want to know that after completion of my course is there any criteria to become a bank manager after completion of my course
13th September 2015, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
for instrumentation are there any courses in mtech aerospace
Yes, there is a specific course for instrumentation undergraduates called "Astronomical Instrumentation". It is offered in prestigious institutes like "Indian Institute of Astronomy", etc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?