1st August 2014, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Study material and procedure to apply for Masters degree in Foreign universities? Selection process and courses offered?

hello sir. i am about to complete my BE in CIVIL engg.
i want to study abroad for my masters degree..
pls guide me abt the study material, procedure for applying in foreign universities, selection process and the courses offered.

Related Questions:
  1. Courses offered for Masters program in Forestry in Indian Universities?
  2. Which are the good universities providing doctorate degree with HR in India and those providing the same in Foreign Countries? What is the selection procedure?
  3. Which are the different PG Masters Degree Courses Offered by Different Agriculture Universities in India? Which are the entrance exams?
  4. Contact details and courses offered in Foreign Universities?
  5. What are all tests I should appear in for PhD Germany?
  6. Which Indian universities offer Masters in Pharmacy to foreign students? How to get scholarship?
  7. How to do MS in Foreign University? I did B.E EEE
  8. Am I eligible for NET or PhD exam after PGDM?
  9. What is the procedure of taking admission Masters in Biotechnology in USA?
  10. Graduation while working in Merchant Navy on Ship?
  11. Which are the foreign universities offering MS in Cryptography
  12. What are the options available for me after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? How can I go abroad for M.Tech or MS?
  13. Which courses are offered to study about space? Universities offering the courses and which subjects play a key role to study these courses?
  14. Courses in Foreign Universities after B.Tech in IT from India?
  15. Difference between DNB course in Surgical Oncology and MCH course in Surgical Oncology
  16. Information about different certificate courses offered by India Institute of Foreign Trades? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get enrolled for the courses? Which are the courses suitable for me while working in Bank?
  17. Options available to study masters in Forensics after B.Pharma? Colleges/universities offering this course?
  18. Best Marine engineering colleges of South India? What is the selection procedure and the fee structure? Courses that are offered? -- [Most Discussed]
26th November 2014, 04:20 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Study material and procedure to apply for Masters degree in Foreign universities? Selection process and courses offered?

To pursue masters in Foreign universities, first you have to complete two exams called GRE and IELTS. After completing these exams, you can apply for admission in foreign universities by sending your application form along with your exam scores. Then the universities will offer you an admission, if your academic profile satisfies the admission requirements.

STUDY MATERIAL:-
GRE:-

1)Barron's GRE
2)GRE BIBLE
3)Manhattan GRE
4)Princeton GRE review

IELTS:-
1)The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
2)Barron’s IELTS Superpack
3)Target Band 7
4)Ace the IELTS

GRE Exam Pattern:-
The GRE exam will have three sections
Section I:-
1) Verbal Reasoning
i) Reading Comprehension
ii) Text Completion
iii) Sentence Equivalence

Section II:-
1) Quantitative Reasoning

Section III:-
1) Analytical Writing Assessment
i) Issue-Task essay
ii )Argument-Task essays

IELTS Exam Pattern:-
This exam consists of following sections
1)Listening - 30 minutes(4 sections, 40 items)
2)Reading - 60 minutes (3 sections, 40 items)
3)Writing - 60 minutes(2 tasks)
4)Speaking - 11-14 minutes
IELTS exam score will be calculated in 10 bands.

Courses:-
when we consider the courses, each and every university will offer different kinds of courses. So, there will be hundred of courses. First try to select the course, which is the extension of your graduation course. So, that you can get an admission easily.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?