9th July 2011, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Which degree is essential for me to study IAS?

I'm studying +2 now, next year which degree is essential for me to study i.a.s. Because, i have to complete any degree for i.a.s exam. So, which degree is suitable?

16th September 2011, 08:37 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which degree is essential for me to study IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm studying +2 now, next year which degree is essential for me to study i.a.s. Because, i have to complete any degree for i.a.s exam. So, which degree is suitable?
Nothing like that there is no compulsion to study a particular degree in order to be eligible for IAS exam.

For better understanding I will tell you the conventional requirements for being eligible for IAS examination.

->first you have to get any degree from a recognized Indian University. The degree may be of any discipline no problem at all to apply.

->Secondly, you should have minimum 21 years of age.

that's all simple eligibility criteria right.

Okay now also if you want a suggestion about which degree to be done only the suggestion I can give you is select a degree such a way that . It will help you in your preparation. For example if you do LLB degree then that will be helpful while preparing for IAS entrance examination in the stage 2 i.e., in Mains as optional subject and

also it will be helpful in interview for giving diplomatic answers. not only till interview after getting the job as IAS officer also you will need to have to solve many issues that are related to Civil or criminal or Meaningless issues. If you have law background then it will be easy for you to solve those issues and prosper in that field.

in this way you have to select a degree course which will be helpful for your future also.
If you are unable to crack IAS entrance examination also you should be able to survive with your degree background you should keep that in mind and act accordingly that means select a subject for your degree.

so Take a careful and meaningful decision.

all the best

Regards

~aditya~
16th September 2011, 08:54 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which degree is essential for me to study IAS?

oyu just have to complete your graduation in any stream.first you have to get any degree from a recognized Indian University. The degree may be of any discipline no problem at all to apply.

Okay now also if you want a suggestion about which degree to be done only the suggestion I can give you is select a degree such a way that . It will help you in your preparation. For example if you do LLB degree then that will be helpful while preparing for IAS entrance examination in the stage 2 i.e., in Mains as optional subject and

also it will be helpful in interview for giving diplomatic answers. not only till interview after getting the job as IAS officer also you will need to have to solve many issues that are related to Civil or criminal or Meaningless issues. If you have law background then it will be easy for you to solve those issues and prosper in that field.
16th September 2011, 08:56 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

oyu just have to complete your graduation in any stream.first you have to get any degree from a recognized Indian University. The degree may be of any discipline no problem at all to apply.

16th September 2011, 10:13 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello friend,
A bachelors degree in any discipline, will make you eligible to write civil service exam conducted by UPSC. As per the UPSC standard, any candidate holding a bachelors degree and within the age limit of 21-30 years are considered eligible for the civil service exam.
Now, Since there is no such restriction, you may select any stream, you like and you think you are better at it.
However, to crack the civil service exam, you must follow the subjects mentioned below:
General Studies
English
Essay Writing

Now , apart from these subjects, there are other area of few subjects which must be followed. You must have knowledge of basic maths, logical reasoning etc.
16th September 2011, 10:22 PM
abhi1919

any bachelor degree from a recognised institute .
then you will be eligible for ias .
16th September 2011, 10:52 PM
Aninkanti

Dear Friend,
It is a simple mathod for appearing in IAS your minimum eligibility need:

Educational Qualification:-
**You must have to passed graduation from any recognise univercity.Final year student are also eligiable for IAS.

**Your age must more than 21 years and low than 30 years.

It is conducted by upsc and for more and other information please cheeck:-
WWW.UPSC.GOV.IN

Best of luck!
16th September 2011, 11:17 PM
amit kumar rithala

after completing 12 class u can choose any stream according to ur choice
for IAS there is not ant specified degree required
u only need 3 year degree
17th September 2011, 12:23 AM
hasan202

There is no any specific degree you should required for appear in IAS Only you should complete your graduation in any field.
And as you in +2 so you should choose Graduation course as per your interest.
If you are in science stream then you should complete your graduation from B.Sc
And if you are in commerce stream then you should complete your graduation from B.Com.
, if you are in Arts stream then you should complete your graduation from B.A.

Best Of Luck !!!!
17th September 2011, 12:53 AM
vivekdas.raja

Quote:
hello,
My dear friend,
Nothing like that there is no compulsion to study a particular degree in order to be eligible for IAS exam.

but you have to be graduate in any filed of studying line with a 55% of marks .....

then only you are eligible for IAS.....

so best of luck....
17th September 2011, 09:36 AM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

my dear friend
i think b.sc degree is enough to get job in ias
good luck
17th September 2011, 11:40 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Graduation degree is essential for IAS exam.So if you have completed your graduation from any stream you are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

For more details you can visit to UPSC own website.

thanks
18th April 2013, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

am in bcom 2nd year.... My goal to study ias .... Hw i wil...
12th August 2013, 05:36 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Being an +2 candidate your Not eligible for IAS Examination for Now. You may choose any any subject/ Specialization in Bachelor degree. There is no Issue regarding this. Any stream candidates are eligible to Participate in this IAS Examination. The Applicant who Complete Bachelor degree Course like, ( B.com / BBA / BA / BCA / B.E / B.tech / B.sc / B.Pharma ) Etc.. are eligible to apply for this Examination .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?