14th August 2012, 03:14 AM
rahul mandliya

Detailed Information regarding CAT Exam?

i want to know about Common Admission Test(cat) exam.please give me some information about this.

15th August 2012, 12:10 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Detailed Information regarding CAT Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul mandliya View Post
i want to know about Common Admission Test(cat) exam.please give me some information about this.
Complete Information About CAT

Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted every year for admission to MBA courses..in the most elite B-Schools in India like IIMs, FMS, IMT, MDI and a few more prominent institutions..

Eligibility Criteria :-

A candidate is eligible to appear for CAT only if :-

>> The candidate is a final year graduation student or has already completed his graduation degree..

>> The candidate must have attained at least 50% in his graduation..

Note :- There is no age limit for appearing for CAT..

Exam Pattern :-

The candidates have to attempt 2 sections :-

Section-1 :- Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
Section-2 :- Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning

It will be a completely online based examination and you will get 70 minutes to do each section..

Once you complete the first section and the allotted time is over..you cannot go back to that section..

The forms for the CAT are available since 30th July,2012

The last date to register for the exam is 19th September,2012

You can choose any date between 11th October and 6th November,2012 for appearing in the exam..

You can Click Here for any more details on the exam..

I have attached a few previous year question papers of CAT and the exam syllabus..

I hope the information helps you out in your preparations..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CAT2008_Question_Paper_With_Detailed_Solutions.pdf(1.32 MB, 82 views)
File Type: pdf CAT 2007 Paper.pdf(687.8 KB, 55 views)
File Type: docx CAT Exam 2012 Syllabus.docx(12.3 KB, 44 views)
15th August 2012, 01:30 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Default Re: Detailed Information regarding CAT Exam?

Complete Information About CAT

Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted every year for admission to MBA courses..in the most elite B-Schools in India like IIMs, FMS, IMT, MDI and a few more prominent institutions..

>> The candidate is a final year graduation student or has already completed his graduation degree..

It will be a completely online based examination and you will get 70 minutes to do each section..

Once you complete the first section and the allotted time is over..you cannot go back to that section..

You can choose any date between 11th October and 6th November,2012 for appearing in the exam..

I have attached a few previous year question papers of CAT and the exam syllabus..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
CAT2008_Question_Paper_With_Detailed_Solutions.pdf (1.32 MB, 0 views)
CAT 2007 Paper.pdf(687.8 KB, 0 views)
CAT Exam 2012 Syllabus.docx(12.3 KB, 0 views)
15th August 2012, 03:34 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
CAT exam stands for common admission test.

CAT Exam is Common Admission Test through which you can take admission in IIM's and other top colleges in India . CAT Exam is conducted once a year for management colleges admissions .
For appearing in CAT Exam you should fulfill certain criteria that is eligibility criteria . So , here is the criteria involving educational requirements ....
You must be having Bachelor's Degree from any recognized university for being eligible.
You must be having at least 50% marks in above exam .
Candidate appeared for final year exam can also apply .
Exam Pattern for CAT Exam
Quantitative Aptitude
Reading Comprehension
Verbal Ability
Data Interpretation
Reasoning
Data Sufficiency
General Awareness
Logical Reasoning
Critical Reasoning
CAT Exam includes following sections ....
Section First
Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
Section Second
Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning
Good Luck..!!
15th August 2012, 03:56 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA)

register for the exam
Mon,30thJuly - Wed,19th September 2012

Exam pattern

Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation

Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.
15th August 2012, 05:55 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

* CAT Stands for " COMMON APTITUDE TEST".

* CAT is one considered as the toughest examination of India.

* The CAT Examination is conducted every year for the selection of candidates in the IIMs to pursue MBA.

The Eligibility criteria you require in order to be eligible for the CAT Examination are :

* You must have completed your graduation in any stream from a recognized college/university.

* You must have obtained a minimum pf 50% marks in your graduation.

* There is a relaxation of 5% marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories.

* Final Year Graduation students can also apply.

* There are no age limits for this examination.

* There is no fixed number of attempts for this examination.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
15th August 2012, 06:22 PM
singhhr23

CAT is a national level exam conducted by IIMs.If you are going to apply for Common Written exam (CAT) then you must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging from SC/ST).

The total duration will be two hours and thirty five minutes and it will have only two sections.

1) Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
2) Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.

Syllabus for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning:

Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables. visit tutorial»

Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc.

Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements.

Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series, etc.

English Syllabus:-

Comprehension of passage, Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word, Errors in word choice, mania & phobia, Incorrect words, Mood, Conditionals & Multiple Usage , Punctuation, Proverb, Phrasal verb etc.

Syllabus for GK/GA/BA

* Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
* Famous award and prizes
* World Records
* Books and authors
* Science, History, Geography, International organisations
* Important quotations
* Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.

These two sections will be implemented sequentially with separate time limits. The examination will be 140 minutes. Candidates will have 70 minutes to answer 30 questions within each section which will have an on-screen countdown timer.

Thanks..
15th August 2012, 06:38 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CAT - COMMON ADMISSION TEST, is an entrance exam conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to two years MBA(Master of Business Administration) course in IIMs and other reputed Business Schools.

The candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognised University with 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST candidate) is eligible to apply for CAT. There is no upper age bar to apply for CAT and also there is no restriction to numbers of attempts to CAT.

CAT can only be applied through on line by paying Rs.1600.00 as exam fees.

The CAT is computer based Exam comprising all objective type questions and of two sections:-

-QUANTITATIVE ABILITY & DATA INTERPRETATION
-VERBAL ABILITY & LOGICAL REASONING

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
15th August 2012, 06:56 PM
samatha89
Member+

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?