1st March 2011, 03:13 PM
sridhar s

Details about IAS and IPS exam? If i select IAS, can i go for IPS with the same rank?

1 Give complete details for IAS and IPS exam
2 If suppose i selected in IAS,but i am not interest in administrative can i select the IPS on the same rank

1st March 2011, 04:38 PM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Default Re: Details about IAS and IPS exam? If i select IAS, can i go for IPS with the same rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar s View Post
2 If suppose i selected in IAS,but i am not interest in administrative can i select the IPS on the same rank

Details about IAS and IPS exam? If i select IAS, can i go for IPS with the same rank?

I have attached the notification for IAS/IPS 2011 in which you can find details about the necessary criteria and important dates and moreover i also attached a syllabus and model question paper (according to revised syllabus from 2011 onwards).please find the attachment.

Regards:-
khanddn
1st March 2011, 05:12 PM
vikas9862638964

Default Re: Details about IAS and IPS exam? If i select IAS, can i go for IPS with the same rank?

details for ias ips exam
for both the exma u have to give the upsc exam .
for both syllabus are same as well as criteribut in ips there are also some physical criteria required .
eligibility criteria-
1-candidate should be graduate at the time of exam
2-minimun age should be 21 years and maximum age is 30 years(relaxsastion of 5 years for sc/st student).
for physical requirment u follow-www.upsc.gov.in
2nd March 2011, 10:55 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Details about IAS and IPS exam? If i select IAS, can i go for IPS with the same rank?

IAs ans IPS are not exams but actually the cadres which are alloted after clearing civil service exam conducted by UPSC.

Civil service exam has three stages :
CSAT i.e Civil service aptitude Test
Mains after clearing CSAT
Interview

You need to clear all these and it is year long process.
Applications forms are availble now and last date to send form is 21st MArch.
http://www.upscportal.nic.in

Exam is held in MAY.
For further information you may visit:
http://www.upscportal.gov.in

Now if you are getting IAS cadre then you may easily opt for IPS (there are some physical requiremts) but once choosen you might not change then.
2nd March 2011, 02:05 PM
yogs.singh

TO HAVE COMPLETE INFORMATION ABOUT IAS EXAM

VISIT THIS-

http://www.civilservice.in/upscexamreader.aspx

THIS SITE HAS FULL INFORMATION REGARDING THIS EXAM
2nd March 2011, 02:06 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Details about IAS and IPS exam? If i select IAS, can i go for IPS with the same rank?

Based on the overall ranking and your choice of cadre, you will be provided IFS (Indian Foreign Service), IAS or IPS. The higher your rank, the choice is with you.

In case you have not not got a good rank and got into IFS, IAS or IPS, you may still become a Group A or B officer in the Central Govt.

It consits of two paper and each paper of Two hrs..

(Paper 1) (200 marks) consists of
  • Current events.
  • History
  • Geography
  • Indian Polity and governance
  • Economic and social development
  • and General science.

It is of purely objective type and qualifying exam...

(Paper II) (200 marks)
  • Comprehension
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision making and problem solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic numeracy(Class X level)
  • English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

It is of purely subjective type and followed by interview....
2nd March 2011, 03:31 PM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar s View Post
IAS and IPS are one of the best administrative job in india .If you qualify ias than you will get job in IPS ,unless you will not qualified for IPS
2nd March 2011, 04:27 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

i have answers for your questions..

first of all i would like to give you the brief details about IAS and IPS these both are services and like these there will be 22 more services..all these services are collectively called as civil services.

exam for these services is CSE i.e. civil services examination ..conducted by UPSC delhi. conducted every year..

this is a three tier examination

first is you should clear a preliminary examination i.e. named as CSAT (civil services aptitude examination)

next is mains examination this will be of theory type..and its a total one month schedule

last and final is interview conducted by a board of UPSC in delhi

finally result will be announced

if you got selected then its your choice to make your cadre according to your preferences..

this is the answer for your first question

and the next

if you got a good rank in CSE which will give you IAS but you don't want it ..

you can simply make decision about your cadre..

there is no compulsion that to take according to your rank

but if you don't get the following rank of the cadre its difficult to ask your desired cadre..

this is related to your second question ..

for further details log on to www.onestopias.com

all the very best

~aditya~
2nd March 2011, 05:07 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
For Both IAS and IPS, Civil Service Exam is conducted by UPSC every year.
The minimum educational qualification required for the exam is a bachelors degree. The eligible age for the same is between 21-30 years. candidates belonging to SC/ST category are eligible up to the age of 35 years and candidates belonging to OBC are eligible up to 33 years of age.
Since the examination is same for both IAS and IPS, candidates holding highest scores in the examination as well as interview are selected for IAS. Candidates selected for IAS may choose to join IPS, if interested.
The Civil Service Examination has three stages
Civil service Aptitude Test
Main Examination
Interview

Syllabus for Civil Service Aptitude Test
Paper 1
Current events of national and international importance
History of India and Indian national movement
Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change
General science.

Paper 2
Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level),
Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

Syllabus for Main exam:
The compulsory subjects for the Main exam are one Indian language, English, Essay and General studies.
As far as optional papers are concerned, you will have to choose any two subjects out of the following list
Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mechanical Engineering Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology Electrical Engineering Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.
Depending upon your interest and expertise, you may choose optional subjects.

For further information, you may refer to the official website of UPSC.
22nd March 2011, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

i have wasted my six years after completing my 12th exam due to some obstacles,i am a cbse student and i have passed class 12th in the year 2005.now i am pursuing graduation from ignou(kolkata) and my age is 24 ,i want to give UPSC exam for IAS or IPS.can i give that exam with out any harrasment.
19th June 2011, 07:54 AM
Unregistered

SIR MYSELF BHAGAT FROM CHAMBA(TISSA).I WANTS TO KNOW HOW SCIENCE STUDENTS PREPARE FOR IAS/IPS ALTHOUGH THEY HAVE LITTLE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT HISTRY GEOGRAPHY...... ETC CONTACT(9418361025)
30th June 2011, 11:31 PM
MonuRai

Dear,

IAS/IPS exams are conducted by the UPSC.
The exam pattern consists of the CSAT , Mains , Interview.

The qualifications required are as follows:-

The minimum educational qualification required is to be graduate in any field.

Age limitation is between 21-30 years for the general , 21-33 years for the OBC , 21-35 years for the SC/ST.

More details are given on the official website of the UPSC:-

www.upsc.gov.in.

Thanks.
2nd July 2011, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

i want to become IPS officer. i have passed P.G. 54 % . when can i fill this application form ? after some time, we will shift in HISSAR
HARIYANA. plz suggest me when i fill this form and any coaching which is in hissar.
5th July 2011, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

what are the jobs in IAS,IPs,KPSC???
5th July 2011, 08:42 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

HI, BELOW IS THE DETAIL FOR EXAM
From Civil Service Examination 2011, Preliminary Examination would consist of two papers- Paper I and Paper II. The syllabus and pattern of the Preliminary Examination would be as under :

(Paper 1) (200 marks) - Duration : Two hrs.

* Current events of national and international importance
* History of India and Indian national movement
* Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
* Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
* Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
* General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that donot require subject specialization
* General science.

(Paper II) (200 marks) – Duration : Two hrs

* Comprehension
* Interpersonal skills including communication skills
* Logical reasoning and analytical ability
* Decision making and problem solving
* General mental ability
* Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
* English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
* Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
* The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.

A set of sample questions for both Papers has been put on the UPSC website

IF YOU GET SELECTED AS IAS YOU CAN CHOOSE WHETHER TO DO IAS OR IPS
11th October 2011, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

sir,Can i know what are the advantages if we top(1st) in IAS exam.

Your comment has been submitted.
11th October 2011, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

sir,Can i know what are the advantages if we top(1st) in IAS exa
14th October 2011, 09:01 PM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa

details for ias ips exam
for both the exma u have to give the upsc exam .
for both syllabus are same as well as criteribut in ips there are also some physical criteria required .
eligibility criteria-
1-candidate should be graduate at the time of exam
2-minimun age should be 21 years and maximum age is 30 years(relaxsastion of 5 years for sc/st student).
for physical requirment u follow-www.upsc.gov.in
15th October 2011, 12:25 AM
imcool.force

Hi dear,

IAs ans IPS are not exams but actually the cadres which are alloted after clearing civil service exam conducted by UPSC.

Civil service exam has three stages :
CSAT i.e Civil service aptitude Test
Mains after clearing CSAT
Interview

You need to clear all these and it is year long process.
Applications forms are availble now and last date to send form is 21st MArch.
http://www.upscportal.nic.in

Exam is held in MAY.
For further information you may visit:
http://www.upscportal.gov.in

Now if you are getting IAS cadre then you may easily opt for IPS (there are some physical requiremts) but once choosen you might not change then.
Thanks
18th October 2011, 10:04 PM
DEVtyagi

HELLO,
i wanted to ask tht all aspirants of civil exams give same exam???
those who couldnt get good marks enough to become an IAS.....can they become IPS or IFS?
18th September 2014, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

hello sir;
i wanted to know that is there any role of 2,and graduation %age in the selection of ias officer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?