28th June 2012, 08:44 PM
shefali dh

Difference between NET UGC and JRF? What is better for me after M.Com?

i m confuse in difference between net-ugc and jrf.plz tell me about this wt is better for me after m.com

11th July 2012, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Difference between NET UGC and JRF? What is better for me after M.Com?

i am totally confused about JRF & NET , i am completed MA (history) with 60% from sikkim EIILM University , what should i do for college cadre appear for Jrf either Net ,
27th July 2012, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Difference between NET UGC and JRF? What is better for me after M.Com?

plz avilable me ugc net acient indian history syllabus question paper online
28th July 2012, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

what is the difference between net and jrf
6th August 2012, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

WHAT IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NET AND JRF
7th September 2012, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

i have done B.pharma, whose better for me UGC-NET / JRF plz tell me.....
7th December 2012, 08:13 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) conducts the Joint CSIR UGC NET in the field of Science which includes Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Earth Atmospheric Ocean & Planetary Sciences jointly with the UGC.

It is a national level entrance examination for postgraduate candidates of science and engineering discipline who wish to qualify for admission in PhD research and/or university level teaching jobs in the country.

The National Educational Testing Bureau of University Grants Commission (UGC) conducts National Eligibility Test (NET) to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals in order to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in the teaching profession and research.

The Test is conducted in Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and Applications and Electronic Science.

The tests are conducted twice in a year generally in the months of June and December. For candidates who desire to pursue research, the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) is available for five years subject to fulfillment of certain conditions. UGC has allocated a number of fellowship to the universities for the candidates who qualify the test for JRF. JRFs are available only to the candidates who opt for it in their application forms.

The results of the test are also used to determine the eligibility of candidates for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science & Technology.
25th December 2012, 08:18 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Hello Friend,

NET stands for National Education Testing Bureau. The Council of scientific and Industrial Research conducts the joint CSIR UGC NET in the field of Science which includes Life Science, Mathematical Science, Chemical Science, Physical Science and Earth Atmospheric Ocean & Planetary Sciences jointly with the UGC. It's a national level Entrance examination for postgraduate candidates of science and engineering discipline who wish to quality for admission in P.Hd. research or University level teaching jobs. The tests are conducted twice in a year generally in months of June and December. For candidates who desire to pursue research, junior Research Fellowship(JRF) is available for five years subject to fulfillment of Certain condition.

So as a whole these UGC NET made you eligible to join your job as a lecturer while you crack the entrance of JRF to sit for P.hd. course and after that can apply for the Post of professor.
25th December 2012, 10:23 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

NET stands for National Education Testing (NET) Bureau and JRF stands for Junior Research Fellowship.

NET is a national level entrance exam for post graduates of science and engineering discipline.

The candidates can go for Ph.D after completing the entrance exam and qualifying the exam.

The candidates who want to do research they can go for JRF which is a 5 year subject to fulfillment of certain condition.

The UGC NET will make eligible to join your job as lecturer while you crack for entrance exam.

So the one you need to select depends on your interest.

Before going for the best one think twice and decide which one to take.

Thank you,

All the best.
25th December 2012, 10:24 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

NET stands for National Education Testing (NET) Bureau and JRF stands for Junior Research Fellowship.

NET is a national level entrance exam for post graduates of science and engineering discipline.

The candidates can go for Ph.D after completing the entrance exam and qualifying the exam.

The candidates who want to do research they can go for JRF which is a 5 year subject to fulfillment of certain condition.

The UGC NET will make eligible to join your job as lecturer while you crack for entrance exam.

So the one you need to select depends on your interest.

Before going for the best one think twice and decide which one to take.

Thank you,

All the best.
3rd June 2013, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

I am graduate student and i am doing MCA. Can i give ugc net exam ?
12th June 2013, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

iam a m.sc graduate in mathematics how to useful ncert books 6 to 12 class for preparing net exam and is it important
6th August 2013, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects for UGC Net exams for the Candidate who belongs to the Commerce stream and cmpleated his/her M.Com. in ABST
16th August 2013, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

I am doing third semester ME cad. As i eligible for Net Lectureship exam or jrf exam ?
17th August 2013, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

i am particular about doing P.hd in premier institutes like IIts and NIts. Would u plz suggest to go for JRF or Lecturership since i am a post graduate in M.Tech in wireless communication enginerring from Pondicherry Central university
7th September 2013, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i am b.tech final year student. So, may i eligible for JRF fellowship. If yes plz tell me stages of examination in wide manner.
18th March 2014, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am m.tech final year student,some of them says csir ugc net -jrf is not eligible for m.tech student
24th August 2014, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

sir, i m pursuing M.A. 1st year in English. i want to know that Jrf and Lectureship come under the NET or not? is there the seprate exam for NET and Jrf?
24th August 2014, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

sir, i m pursuing M.A. 1st year in English. i want to know that Jrf and Lectureship come under the NET or not? is there the seprate exam for NET and Jrf?
27th April 2015, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Sir , I am completed my ug in ba hons eco after this I am decided ma from eco nd pls tell me I am doing net jrf or net because I am not clearly know about all these things
8th October 2015, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

I have done MA sociology and M.Ed wht is the best option for me net or jrf and in which subject
15th March 2016, 07:23 AM
Unregistered

I am pursuing MSc from environmental science so net jrf is better for me or not
5th May 2016, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

I am already enrolled in an Mphil program. If i crack JRF now, can I get the stipend for my current mphil work?
16th July 2017, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

What shud I do after m.a. in English?is ugc net or net jrf beneficial for me to do after m.a. in English ?
10th October 2017, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Which are the best books to study for UGC Net exam for Computer Science and applications.
Please suggest me for all 3 papers.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?