26th December 2010, 04:53 PM
vasmita

Is it difficult to crack civil services exam by taking Mechanical as an option?

sir/mam,
i m interested in doing civils.i m studying b.tech now. i want to get through into civils by taking mechanical as option . is it hard to crack by taking mechanical as optional? plz send me reply

27th December 2010, 04:28 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it difficult to crack civil services exam by taking Mechanical as an option?

hi,,,,
civil services exam on the whole is one of the toughest exams in the world,
it all depends on your preparation and knowledge in the subject,
if you are really confident on yourself then you should take mechanical
all the best
29th December 2010, 12:07 AM
nishant1110

Default Re: Is it difficult to crack civil services exam by taking Mechanical as an option?

UPSC is the exam to apply for. But the subjects of examination depend on your choices only. If you choose those subjects in which you are strong enough like Physics, you can cross the exam easily. Even mechanical engineering can take you through if you are well-versed with it And are ready to face the competition
30th December 2010, 10:34 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

to crack the civil services exam is a tough job.......
but then it all depends on you and the extent of your knowledge .......
it doesn't depends on the branch
31st December 2010, 07:08 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Dear friend ,

It depends upon the study of the student what he prepares before the exam.

If you have studied well then you will easily crack the exam.

BEST WISHES!!!!!!!!
31st December 2010, 03:09 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

dear friend.

To crack civil services exam is depend upon your knowledge.your strong in
your knowledge easy to crack.and it is not depends on branch.so that why
prepare well.
31st December 2010, 04:13 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

No subject is difficult if you have knowledge of that subject. If you are comfortable with mechanical engineering subject than you can select this subject for civil services exam.

Study the subject thoroughly if you want to crack the exam. Cover the entire syllabus & try to solve previous years papers.

With your hard work & determination you will surely become a civil services officer.
2nd May 2011, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

hiiiiiiiiiii
may I have suggestion about my future please, I did graduation in mechanical engineering(2011). please suggest me what to next. thank youi
3rd June 2011, 02:35 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

No subject is difficult if you have knowledge of that subject. If you are comfortable with mechanical engineering subject than you can select this subject for civil services exam.
Study the subject thoroughly if you want to crack the exam. Cover the entire syllabus & try to solve previous years papers.
26th November 2011, 03:27 AM
m.khushhal

Exclamation Re: Is it difficult to crack civil services exam by taking Mechanical as an option?

Hi....
If your aim is IAS officer, then its better to join an IAS academy along with doing a lots of self study...The civil service exam has a huge syllabus so you should start clearing your basic knowledge....you have lots of time in your hand...so focus on your aim.Sure you can start preparation for the exam. You must begin with general awareness section. It requires vast reading. You must read newspapers, periodicals and also journals etc. Make sure to be abreast about the latest events and also major events of the past. You also need to start preparation for the Aptitude section probably when you complete the second year of engineerng.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?