7th February 2011, 10:04 PM
tanmay baruah

Does private university require AICTE approval for Technical courses?

It is said that Private University does not required AICTE approval for technical courses. Is it true?

8th February 2011, 11:11 AM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Default Re: Does private university require AICTE approval for Technical courses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay baruah View Post
It is said that Private University does not required AICTE approval for technical courses. Is it true?
Dear Friend;
Greeting for the day;

No its not true.Any University who offers Technical courses must approved from All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) .Then only that course is valid throughout India.
Before Taking admission in any technical degree college must confirm that all the courses must approved from the All India council for Technical Education (AICTE).

For more information visit the given official website of AICTE.

www.aicte-india.org

Thanks

8th February 2011, 04:23 PM
kiran premanand tikoti

Default Re: Does private university require AICTE approval for Technical courses?

yes,private university should have require AICT approval for technical courses because after completing any course from private university student get AICT approval certificates,by this certificates they get job.

8th February 2011, 10:18 PM
xavi

freind hi,

--Any University who offers Technical courses must approved from All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) .Then only that course is valid throughout India.

best of luck

9th February 2011, 12:27 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

I think Yes It Is Compulsory That All the Private University Offers Technical Courses Are Approved From AICTE Only then The Certificate Given By The University Are Valid Only When If They Are AICTE Approved Otherwise Students Will Face problem To Get Jobs.

But According to My Knowledge, University Will Not Require to Approved With AICTE, But It will be Approved By UGC. If Any University is Approved By UGC Then It will Not Need To Approved With AICTE. The AICTE Approvals Is Only Required for Institutes And Colleges. So, It Is Not Important And Compusory That University Is Approved By AICTE Only then Its Degree is Valid. But If University Is Only Approved with UGC, Then Its Degree will Be Valid In All India.

9th February 2011, 01:26 AM
bikenindia

Quote:
Hello Tanmay,

Any kind of institutions need to be recognized and approved by AICTE.
If it is not approved by AICTE, you won't be eligible to write many exams and your degree certificate will go on vain.
So, your thinking is wrong my friend.
Private universities require AICTE approval.

All the best.

9th February 2011, 08:31 AM
shilpa.trivedi

Smile Re: Does private university require AICTE approval for Technical courses?

Quote:
hello tanmay..
no its not true.......
private university required AICTE approval for technical courses
for taking jobs in good or reputed private companies.
best regards.

9th February 2011, 09:30 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Does private university require AICTE approval for Technical courses?

Hi

Every technical education institute whether it is private or government should be AICTE approved. As AICTE has the responsibility of maintaining and improving technical education so it is necessary for a institute to be AICTE approved.

Also if a institute is AICTE approved that institute is called as
recognized institute. And you know that in every entrance exams or interviews the basic eligibility criteria they want is that your
institute should be a recognized institute.

So never take admission in such institute which are not
AICTE approved specially in technical institute or the institute of
Architecture, Town Planning, Management, Pharmacy, Applied Arts
and Crafts, Hotel Management and Catering Technology etc.
should be AICTE approved.

So never take admission in such technical institutes.

GOOD LUCK

9th February 2011, 02:30 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Yes it is mandatory for all private university to have AICTE or UGC approval because every company needs AICTE approval while providing jobs. so if you are a student of private college which doesn't have AICTE approval then i want to inform you that you will definitely face problem in future while getting a job. you must have also seen this type of AD. on television.

So, check whether your college is approved by AICTE or UGC. if it is approved by any one of these then ther is no need to worry. otherwise it is just useless to study in that type of college.best of luck.

11th February 2011, 12:22 PM
tanmay baruah

"It is said that university recognised by UGC under section of 2(f) of UGC Act 1957 or declared deemed to be university under section 3 of UGC Act 1957 does not recquied any AICTE approval for technical education.They are to maintain only the standards laid down by AICTE."-Is it true?Please reply at [email protected]

14th February 2011, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

Does private universities require aicte approval for technical courses or ugc approval is enough to go through the course in field

21st February 2011, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

aicte have not updated list of courses offered by various university/institution since 2004 as information available on their web site. pvt. university/ deem university grown like any thing in last 5 years and offering various courese to student, their status is not known if a person spent huge money and put effort to get a degree/post degree after he comes to know his course is not approved, one can imazine his sistution. aicte should act fast to provide list of his approved courese .

1st March 2011, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

is the degree m.tech in remote sensing from srm university is valid all over india? is it a reputed university?

14th March 2011, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

most of the answers hear state that all institutes offering any technical courses need approval of aicte.. but thats exactly the point. we are talking about a university (approved by ugc) and not an institute. are the rules different for university? it is claimed that they are..

15th March 2011, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

my question is
shinghania university (private)offred B.tech in civil Engg is approved by AICTE & UGC.

27th March 2011, 03:36 AM
guruvashisthaa

can anyone out of you tell me how many private universities approved by AICTE?
as i know there is no one.
if you know the private university whos approved with AICTE then reply......
because i also need this.. i'm also going to take a admission in noida international university in greater noida which is also private university and private university doesn't need AICTE approvation(its only as i know)...
any suggestion very welcome....

(http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/privateuniversity.html)
for how many private university in india.go to utter pradesh and check noida international university.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_in_India)
for universities in india. go utter pradesh again and check out noida international university.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_university)
for private universities in world go for india also find noida international university

(http://www.niu.ac.in/)
for url of noida international university

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noida_International_University)
for also noida international university.

pls guys help me out....
check out private universities from http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/privateuniversity.html this link then tell me how many private universities having approved by AICTE...

27th March 2011, 04:01 AM
guruvashisthaa

can anyone out of you tell me how many private universities approved by AICTE?
as i know there is no one.
if you know the private university whos approved with AICTE then reply......
because i also need this.. i'm also going to take a admission in noida international university in greater noida which is also private university and private university doesn't need AICTE approvation(its only as i know)...
any suggestion very welcome....

(http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/privateuniversity.html)
for how many private university in india.go to utter pradesh and check noida international university.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_in_India)
for universities in india. go utter pradesh again and check out noida international university.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_university)
for private universities in world go for india also find noida international university

(http://www.niu.ac.in/)
for url of noida international university

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noida_International_University)
for also noida international university.

pls guys help me out....
check out private universities from http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/privateuniversity.html this link then tell me how many private universities having approved by AICTE...}
and you can also read

http://prayatna.typepad.com/education/2004/08/ugc_establishme.html
3.4 -A Private university shall fulfil the minimum criteria in terms of programmes, faculty, infrastructural facilities, financial viability, etc., as laid down from time to time by the UGC and other concerned statutory bodies, such as the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), the Bar Council of India (BCI), the Distance Education Council (DEC), the Dental Council of India (DCI),the Indian Nursing Council (INC), the Medical Council of India (MCI), the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI),etc
they mention AICTE approvation but there is not even a single private university whos having AICTE approvation. but they have DCI if they provide BDS.....
whos to believe UGC or myths around AICTE...
i called many times to AICTE office for clearing this doubt but they dont attend..... no one couldn't help me on this topic....
now its your turn guys....

15th April 2011, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Does AICTE resctricts the M Tech from KSOU?

22nd May 2011, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Does KSOU requires AICTE approval and is it valid in private sector jobs?

24th May 2011, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

here any coat order to varied that "university recognised by UGC under section of 2(f) of UGC Act 1957 or declared deemed to be university under section 3 of UGC Act 1957 does not recquied any AICTE approval for technical education.They are to maintain only the standards laid down by AICTE."

24th May 2011, 08:08 PM
syednoorulhaque

Here any official order which is verify that "university recognised by UGC under section of 2(f) of UGC Act 1957 or declared deemed to be university under section 3 of UGC Act 1957 does not recquied any AICTE approval for technical education.They are to maintain only the standards laid down by AICTE."

27th May 2011, 03:24 AM
Unregistered

1. Yes, all Technical courses including Engineering (Degree & Diploma) needs approval of AICTE.
2. Engineering can't approved by AICTE in distance education mode.
3. Please go through the ad of AICTE in Hindustan Times, Delhi dated 02/07/2010 (page-8) and post your comments after words.

In the service of nation
A.Agarwal (09958401183).

27th May 2011, 03:32 AM
agarwal_ab

1. Yes, all Technical courses including Engineering (Degree & Diploma) requires AICTE approval.
2. AICTE can’t approve any Engineering course in Distance mode.
3. Pl go through advertisement of AICTE in Hindustan Times,Delhi news paper dated 02/07/2010 (page-8) and then post your comment.

In the service of nation
A.Agarwal

27th May 2011, 03:40 AM
agarwal_ab

1. Yes, all Technical courses including Engineering (Degree & Diploma) requires AICTE approval.
2. AICTE can’t approve any Engineering course in Distance mode.
3. Pl go through advertisement of AICTE in Hindustan Times,Delhi news paper dated 02/07/2010 (page-8) and then post your comment.

In the service of nation
A.Agarwal

2nd June 2011, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

HI ....I just want to know that what type of approval needed foe Biotechnology courses.
I will appreciate if anybody can help in this query

Thanks-
Rahul

3rd June 2011, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

A few of u have pointed out that a private university accredited by the UGC need not be recognized by the AICTE.AMITY University has UGC approval but no AICTE
recognition.What does one do if he gets an admission in engineering at AMITY.

5th June 2011, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Jaypee university in Himachal is a private university and has AICTE approval. The same approval should be extrapolated for other private universities in India.
Dr.R.Sanjeev

16th June 2011, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

as far as i know............ University doesnot require any AICTE approval as it is UGC approved.......

20th June 2011, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Does the PhD from private university is valid through out India???

plz answer.

26th June 2011, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Supreme court judgement on the same:
http://www.academics-india.com/Bharathidasan%20case.htm

I could not understand the legal words, but it is not applicable to a university.

26th June 2011, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Does private university require AICTE approval for Technical courses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran premanand tikoti View Post
yes,private university should have require AICT approval for technical courses because after completing any course from private university student get AICT approval certificates,by this certificates they get job.
Guys,
Supreme court verdict on the same:
http://www.academics-india.com/Bharathidasan%20case.htm

Essence is University does not need to take AICTE approval for starting a technical institution/course

2nd July 2011, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

plz help me....lpu is a ugc recognised university will it require aicte approval?? and if not, is both ugc and aicte recognition same?

3rd July 2011, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

is gla university mathura approval by aicte and ugc?

4th July 2011, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

sir i wan to join merchant navy after mechanical enginering so it si neccary my institute aict or ugc
apprioved

4th July 2011, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Hello to all
Even I am looking for the same answer.
As far as I know some private universities like Amity, Lingayas or Thapar have AICTE approval.

I have been allotted a seat in SRM university, Chennai in B Tech Aerospace Engineering program. I have found that it is UGC and NAAC approved. It is a very reputed university of India but does not have an AICTE approval.

If anyone is having solution to my problem then kindly e-mail me on
[email protected]
Navneesh Vashist, delhi

4th July 2011, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

i would like to join in ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education,Faculty of science and technology,Hyderabadin B.Tech course.Is it valid.Is it UGC recognised? Is it got AICTE approval.If not AICTE the course is valid.Kindly give your answer,

9th July 2011, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

do institutes having aicte approval can run courses without university approval?

16th July 2011, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Do the reputed govt. Punjabi University Patiala and Guru Nanak Dev University Amritsar require AICTE approval for their technical courses?

16th July 2011, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Can any1 tell me does a pvt. intstitue requires a AICTE approval..??

If yes any1 can give me the detail where the point is mentioned ??

17th July 2011, 02:42 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
plz help me....lpu is a ugc recognised university will it require aicte approval?? and if not, is both ugc and aicte recognition same?
LPU is a A++ University. Cources of B.Tech are not approved bu AICTE. After getting a degree you will face aproblem while applying to aGovt. Job.
UK Sharma
Greater Kailash

21st July 2011, 05:11 PM
rakesh kumarr

is m tech in mechanical engg from ARNI UNIVERSITY is AICTE APPROVED?

1st August 2011, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

for m-pharm course, it is mandatory that the university is aicte approved, ugc is not sufficient?

3rd August 2011, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

Want to know, is the one year PGDHRM course of Amity University, Lowknow approved by AICTE. As I am planning to secure that course.

Please help.

Thanks
Daniel S. Sonekar

8th August 2011, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Does the MTech (Computer Science) degree from EIILM University is AICTE approved?
Anupam Das
MSc (Computer Science) from vinayaka mission university, DDE

12th August 2011, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

Arni university is not approved by AICTE

22nd August 2011, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

babu bnarasi das university, lucknow needs AICTE approval to run m.pharma course or not?

27th August 2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
"It is said that university recognised by UGC under section of 2(f) of UGC Act 1957 or declared deemed to be university under section 3 of UGC Act 1957 does not recquied any AICTE approval for technical education.They are to maintain only the standards laid down by AICTE."-Is it true?Please reply at [email protected]
It is not a pre-requisite for an institution notified as a ‘Deemed to be University’ to
obtain the approval of the AICTE, to start any programme in technical or management
education leading to an award, including degrees in disciplines covered under the
AICTE Act, 1987. However, institutions notified as ‘Deemed to be University’ are
required to ensure the maintenance of the minimum standards prescribed by the AICTE
for various courses that come under the jurisdiction of the said Council. It is expected
that the institutions notified as ‘Deemed to be University’ maintain their standards of
education higher than the minimum prescribed by the AICTE.

Please refer this circular by MHRD

No.F.2-1/2006 U.3(A)
Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development
Department of Secondary & Higher Education
(U& HE Bureau)
Date: April 7, 2006

2nd September 2011, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, i am doing my B tech
(part time learning) from PTU'S GIAN
JYOTI SCHOOL OF TQM &
ENTREPRENEURSHIP under Punjab
technical university,Jalandher. I want
to go for full time MBA in XLRI or any good recoznized institutes. Is PTU'S
GIAN JYOTI SCHOOL OF TQM &
ENTREPRENEURSHIP certificate will help
me?Its site address is
www.tqmbizschool.org .I wish to
appear in the civil services exams .will my degree will be valid to appear for
MBA or civil services exams?If not
what i should do now? Please help.

2nd September 2011, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

isvinaka mission university recogonised by ugc or dec ?

3rd September 2011, 01:16 PM

The technical courses should be approved by AICTE. The course should be approved by Anna university also. Then only it will be valid throughout india.

Best of Luck

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?