31st May 2018, 05:53 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in NDA exam for BTech Mechanical graduate?

Hello everyone, I have completed my Diploma as well as BTech in Mechanical Engineering. I want to apply for NDA exam. So, I would like to know about my eligibility for appearing in NDA exam. Please let me know about my eligibility asap. Thank you!

2nd June 2018, 11:31 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in NDA exam for BTech Mechanical graduate?

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and to join the same you need to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, the minimum education required for pursuing NDA entrance examination is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board.

So, having pursued diploma in engineering degree instead of regular higher secondary school degree you are not eligible for joining NDA as for joining NDA only regular higher secondary school degree holder are eligible.

But, as you have completed your Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical engineering degree course then you can look for the option of CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) to join Indian defense services as a commissioned officer.

For more details regarding NDA or CDS entrance examinations, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd June 2018, 09:16 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy and it is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th or equivalent from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible.

So, you can appear for examination but have to qualify in both stages of examination for final selection.

Candidates passed B.Tech are eligible to appear for CDS examination which is conducted in two stages. Candidates after qualifying in both stages will be eligible for final recruitment.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd June 2018, 10:20 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. The examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th or equivalent from a recognised board.

Candidate age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages :-

Written.

SSB.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination.

Candidates passed bachelor degree are eligible to appear for CDS examination.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd June 2018, 02:01 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy. This exam is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

These are three wings:

Indian Army

Indian Navy

Indian Air Force

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM from a recognized board.

Candidate age must lie between 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Candidate must be unmarried male.

Candidate must be an Indian.

So, if you fulfill these eligibility criteria then you are eligible for NDA.

For more information you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
4th June 2018, 05:47 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for NDA Exam:

Basically there is a certain educational qualification required in order to apply for NDA Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

<> The minimum qualification required is 12th Class in 10+2 pattern from a recognized board.

<> The minimum age required is 16.5 years and maximum age must not exceed 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation to apply for NDA Recruitment.

<> You are eligible to apply for NDA Examination as long as you meet the required age criteria.

<> As you are saying that you have completed both Diploma as well as B.Tech course, I think your age must be more than 19.5 years. Clearly it says that you are not eligible to apply for this recruitment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?