29th June 2019, 12:06 PM
Shruti Gahlawat

Eligibility to apply for Meteorology branch in Indian Air Force and pay scale?

I have done B.Sc Computer Science with Physics and Mathematics at graduation level. And, now I am planning to do MCA. Am I eligible for Meteorology branch in Indian Air Force? What is the job responsibilities? What is the pay scale?

6th August 2019, 02:31 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for Meteorology branch in Indian Air Force and pay scale?

Indian Air Force (IAF) recruits commissioned officer in meteorology branch. After MCA, you are eligible to apply for commissioned officer in IAF. Pay Band for commissioned officer in IAF is Rs.15,600 to Rs.39,100/- with grade pay plus other allowances. Meteorology Officer in IAF has responsibility of weather analysis which is very important for safe flying.

Selection
Admission will be based on performance in intelligent test to be followed by the psychological test, group test and personal interview. Shortlisted candidates will have to appear medical examination and all fit candidates will be called for training.

Eligibility

Educational Qualification
You must have passed postgraduate degree in Science/Geology/Mathematics/Computer Applications/Environmental Science/Statistics/Appied Physics/Agricultural Meteorology/Ecology and Environment/Geo-physics/Environmental Biology/Oceanography with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.

Age Limit : 20 to 25 years.

Physical Standards
- Height : 157 cms for male and 152 cms for female with corrected weight.
- Candidates should not have hypermetropia more than +3.5 D Sph.
- Candidates should not be more than -3.5 D Sph.
- Candidates should not have astigmatism more than +/- 2.5 D Cyl.
- Corrected visual acuity 6/6 in the better eye and 6/18 in the worse eye.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?