18th August 2017, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for CET and engineering admissions in Maharashtra?

I have passed HSC in with Physics, Chemistry, Biology without mathematics. But now I want to change my field from bio to engineering. What should I do? What is the eligibility criteria followed to apply for CET for engineering and to get the admission? Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Uttarkhand PMT if I did my schooling outside Uttarkhand?
  2. Difference between Maharashtra CET and ASSO CET? Is MHT CET for engineering and Asso cet for Medical?
  3. Eligibility to appear in K-CET for Diploma holder of Maharashtra?
  4. Admission in COEP in ENTC branch for B.E?
  5. How to get admission through CAP for engineering in Maharashtra on the basis of CET score?
  6. How to become an Astronaut? Which courses should I apply for? Am I eligible for Maharashtra engineering admission?
  7. Information about Aided and Government Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra and further proceedings like admissions process in these colleges? Cutoff marks for CET in the colleges?
  8. Will I be eligible to appear in the Maharashtra CET(Engineering)? I have a domicile of Maharashtra
  9. What is the domicile eligibility for MH CET exam?
  10. How may I get the information like eligibility criteria, application forms availability and exam centers etc regarding CET Maharashtra?
  11. Eligibility to appear for MHTCET? I am maharashtra born but my parents are not
  12. Cutoff list of engineering admission in colleges of Aurangabad, Pune and Maharashtra?
  13. Eligibility to apply in Maharashtra CET 2018? -- [New]
  14. Cutoff details of government medical college of Maharashtra?
  15. Eligibility to appear in MAHA-CET for a citizen of Maharashtra?
  16. Procedure for mht cet for the candidate belonging to other state?
  17. How can a B.E graduate from Maharashtra do M.Tech by filling PG-CET form from Maharashtra? Is there possibilities of getting government seats for M.Tech in Maharashtra?
  18. Is domicile certificate required for admission? -- [Most Discussed]
19th August 2017, 08:13 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for CET and engineering admissions in Maharashtra?

Maharashtra CET is held for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree course in engineering college of Maharashtra.

Further the minimum educational qualification required for appearing in the same examination is a higher secondary school degree with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education.

So having not pursued Mathematics at your higher secondary school level education you are not eligible for appearing Maharashtra CET.
31st August 2017, 04:36 AM
starberry

After completing HSC with PCB, you cannot go for engineering field. Engineering courses as well as CET exam eligibility criteria states that a candidate must have passed 10+2 with 50% marks with physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognized university.

If you are interested to make your career in Engineering, then you have a option of Diploma Engineering Course on the basis of 10th Class. After Diploma course completion, you can join Bachelor degree Engineering course. But, this would mean to spent 2 more years to attain Bachelors degree as compared to other 10+2 candidates with Maths.
11th December 2017, 10:35 PM
Somyarathore
Member+

The eligibility criteria of CET 2018 include eligibility requirements related to domicile, age, educational qualification, qualifying examination and the marks scored in it, subject combination in the qualifying test, etc. You should be passed out in 12th standard and Also, candidates appearing in the qualifying examination (HSC/12th) in 2018 are considered eligible for appearing in CET 2018.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?