27th July 2016, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for IBPS PO 2016-2017

Hello Sir I am Kiran from Hyderabad I have Completed My Distance Online Degree From KSOU, am I eligible for the IBPS PO 2016-2017. Please Any One Can reply to This ASAP Thanks in Advance

27th July 2016, 10:58 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for IBPS PO 2016-2017

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection. IBPS conducts Common Written Examination for post of clerk and probationary officer. This entrance examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates into more than twenty nationalized banks.

The academic qualification required for this examination is that candidate must have completed bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for examination. KSOU stands for Karnataka State Open University. The degree obtained from this university is valid for IBPS PO exam.

You can apply for IBPS PO examination after bachelor's degree from KSOU. Age criteria for IBPS PO examination is 20-30 years. Upper age relaxation of three years and five years applicable to candidates of reserved category.
27th July 2016, 11:05 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. It conducts PO and Clerk examinations every year for selection of candidates to bank jobs in government sector.

Eligibility criteria that you need to fulfill to appear in IBPS 2016-17 examination is specified below :-

=> You must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal/ Bhutan.

=> Age as on 01st July, 2016
Minimum :- 20 years
Maximum :- 30 years

Upper age relaxation is provided to reserved category candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD categories as per government norms.

=> You should have obtained Graduation degree in any discipline from a Government recognised university as on 13.08.2016.
27th July 2016, 11:27 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes. You are eligible to write IBPS after completion of your bachelor's degree in distance mode.

IBPS PO Eligibility
- You must be Indian.
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your age should be between 20 to 28 years. Relaxation applicable 3 years to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST.
- You should have operating & working knowledge in computer.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview

Entrance Syllabus

Preliminary Exam
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability

Main Exam
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability
- General Awareness
- Computer Awareness
- Banking Aptitude

Important Dates
- Registration Starts From : 26/07/2016
- Registration Closed On : 13/08/2016
- Download Admit Card : September 2016
- IBPS Preliminary Exam : 16th , 22nd , 23rd October 2016
- Result Declaration : October 2016
- IBPS Main Exam : November 2016
- IBPS Main Result : December 2016
27th July 2016, 11:32 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir I am Kiran from Hyderabad I have Completed My Distance Online Degree From KSOU, am I eligible for the IBPS PO 2016-2017. Please Any One Can reply to This ASAP Thanks in Advance
You have completed graduation degree from KSOU, So you are eligible for IBPS PO 2016-2017 exam. Because KSOU degree is approved by UGC.

I have attached a document regarding UGC approval of KSOU, So please check it out.

Candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized University are eligible for IBPS PO exam 2016-2017.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KSOU UGC APPROVAL.pdf(84.0 KB, 32 views)
27th July 2016, 11:38 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To sit for the IBPS PO examination one needs to have a graduate degree from a recognized university. KSOU is recognized by UGC therefore you are eligible to sit for the IBPS PO exam.

Age Criteria: 20-30 years. There is relaxation available for the reserved category candidates.

The IBPS PO selection process will be carried out in three stages namely, Preliminary Examination, second stage is Main Examination & third stage is Common Interview session.

Read more: IBPS PO/MT Selection Procedure http://www.freejobalert.com/ibps-po-selection-procedure/25179/#ixzz4FaBPFKAM
Important Dates:-
  • Start of online application process: July 26, 2016
  • Last date of online application process: August 13, 2016
  • Payment of application fee/intimation charges: July 26, 2016
  • Last date of payment of application fee/intimation charges: August 13, 2016
***Tentative dates of online prelims exam: October 16, 22 and 23, 2016
***Tentative dates of online mains exam: November 20, 2016

To register for the exam you need to visit their official website.

Official Website: http://www.ibps.in
27th July 2016, 11:53 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IBPS is Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection.

Eligibility criteria for IBPS PO:

* Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. PO aspirants pursuing final year of graduation can also apply for PO exam.

*Age criteria for IBPS PO: 20-30 years. OBC and SC/ST candidates get upper age relaxation.

KSOU graduates are eligible to apply for IBPS PO examination.
27th July 2016, 02:35 PM
mechanical76
Junior Member+

>>IBPS refers to Institute of Banking Personnel Selection

>>IBPS conducts a Common Written Exam(CWE) every year to recruit
Probationary Officers(PO's)in various bank situated in India.

>>Eligibility for IBPS exam is candidate must completed graduation and have to obtained minimum 55% marks from a well recognized university.

>> Final Year awaiting result students can apply for the IBPS exam but those who are in final year cannot apply for this IBPS PO exam.

>>As you mention you completed your final degree so you are eligible for apply this exam if your age between 18-28 years.
27th July 2016, 05:49 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for IBPS PO recruitment entrance examination. IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personal Selection and it conducts entrance examination for recruitment of candidates in nationalised banks of India.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination for recruitment in PO is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 20-30 years and relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, if you satisfy the age limit criteria to appear for entrance examination you can appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in all three stages of examination eligible for recruitment in job.

To get information in detail about examination criteria visit at official website visit at www.ibps.in.
27th July 2016, 05:56 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible for IBPS PO exam. Open University graduates are also eligible to appear for IBPS PO exam.

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection.

Eligibility criteria to apply for IBPS P.O. exam are as under:-

-The candidate should have a graduation degree with minimum 60%(55% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 20 years to 30 years for general category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-Selection process is conducted in three different stages;

*Preliminary Examination,

*Main Examination,

*Personal Interview.

The questions asked for the IBPS exam are from English,General awareness, Marketing and Computers, Quantitative aptitude and reasoning.
27th July 2016, 08:25 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IBPS means Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection.

The eligibility criteria for IBPS Probationary officer examination is:

1. Candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. KSOU that is Kartnataka State Open University is a recognized university.

2. The age of candidate must be between 20-30 years.

So, you can appear for entrance examination. Other information about examination available at www.ibps.in.
27th July 2016, 09:34 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Service and it is the institute which conducts different entrance examinations for the recruitment of banking personnel in the various branches of 20 nationalized banks of India.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria for the IBPS PO ( Probationary Officer ) are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 21 years to 30 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from recognized regular or open university.

* You must good communication skills along with knowledge to work on computers as the banking works are more digital.

Also the examination is held in three stages which includes Written test, Mains and Personality Assessment Test ( Interview ).

For more details about the same examination you an log on to the link www.ibps.in.
28th July 2016, 06:09 PM
naikshubhash69

If you are a KSOU graduate then you are eligible to apply for the examination.
The criteria is:
Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. PO aspirants pursuing final year of graduation can also apply for PO exam.

Age criteria for IBPS PO: 20-30 years. OBC and SC/ST candidates get upper age relaxation.

The dates for IBPS PO & Clerk Exam are also up. So start your preparations.
28th July 2016, 07:24 PM
dadapbg44

- IBPS stands for (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection)
- Eligibility-
> Age Limit
For General- 20-30years
*Age relaxation
OBC - 3 years
SC/ST- 5 years
Disabled- 10 years
Ex-service man- 5 years

> Education Qualification-
Must complete Graduate in any field from recognized University or Institute
30th July 2016, 05:24 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Educational qualification for IBPS PO:-

1).Candidate should have bachelor degree from any recognized university

2).Age limit:- 20 to 30 years.

Relaxation for obc and sc/st candidates are available.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?