1st February 2016, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Can i join Defence sector after graduation in Textile Engineering?

I am a final year b.tech textile technology student. I want to join defence sector now. I have always wished to join defence sector. So tell me if i can join it with my graduation qualification or not?

Related Questions:
2nd February 2016, 11:50 AM
kantraman

Default Re: Can i join Defence sector after graduation in Textile Engineering?

As textile engineering is a graduation level degree,and graduation is the minimum qualification for Defence sector exam.So no doubt you are eligible for defence sector either having graduation in textile engineering.
2nd February 2016, 11:57 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Defense sector after graduation in Textile Engineering through CDS exam for either Indian Military Academy or Officer's Training Academy.

UPSC conducts CDSE(Combined Defense Services Exam) every year for recruitment in different wings of Indian Army.

The eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as under:-

- Nationality : Indian.

- Educational Qualification:

Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy-Graduation in any discipline.

Indian Naval Academy-Bachelor of Engineering.

Indian Air Force Academy-10+2 with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

-Age limit:

Indian Military Academy- 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy-19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy-19 years to 23 years

Officer's Training Academy-19 years to 25 years

-Selection Procedure:

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.
2nd February 2016, 03:26 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Yes, you can very much join Defense sector after the completion of your Graduation degree. Therefore no harm in it.

You should however try to do well in your graduation and can join defense after it, if you do fulfill the eligibility criteria for it.
2nd February 2016, 03:30 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, sure you can join defense sector after the successful completion of your graduation in Textile Technology as long as you are eligible for it. You will however have to appear for NDA/CDS examination in order to get into defense. Both the examination is however conducted by UPSC.
2nd February 2016, 03:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge after graduation one has to appear and crack the Combined Defence Services exams to serve in defence. Minimum percentage required is 50% in graduation. This exam is held twice every year:

Selection procedure:
Written Exam
Interview
Physical fitness Test.
2nd February 2016, 03:47 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, sure you can join defense sector after the successful completion of your graduation in Textile Technology as long as you are eligible for it. You will however have to appear for NDA/CDS examination in order to get into defense. Both the examination is however conducted by UPSC.
2nd February 2016, 07:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For any stream graduates like you there is only one option in defence sector which is CDS examination conducted by UPSC every year. You will be eligible only for Indian Army.

Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and SSB interview conducted by UPSC. Age should be between 19 to 25 years if you want to join Indian Army through this exam.
2nd February 2016, 10:03 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a final year b.tech textile technology student. I want to join defence sector now. I have always wished to join defence sector. So tell me if i can join it with my graduation qualification or not?
Yeah you can join in defence sector after graduating in textile engineering. The procedure for joining is that you need to apply for the CDS Exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC and is held every year. This exam provides candidates to join in defence forces such as:

# Indian Army
# Indian Navy
# Indian Air Force

The eligibility which is needed for applying for the CDS exam includes:

-> The nationality standard states that candidate should have citizenship in India.

-> Age limit needed for joining in Indian army is 19-24 years and for joining in Indian navy it is 19-22 years. To join in IAF it is 19-23 years and in the case of OTA age limit needed is 19-25 years.

-> The educational qualification needed for joining in Indian army is that candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university and that can be from any stream of education.

-> In the case of joining in Indian navy or Air Force, candidate should have completed a degree with physics and mathematics as subjects.

-> Candidate need to be physically fit while appearing for the exam.

If you satisfy all the above criteria's then you can apply for the exam.

For more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd February 2016, 10:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You are in final year of B.Tech in Textile Technology so you are eligible for Defence sector through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
2nd February 2016, 11:51 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, you can join in Indian Defence Sector through CDS exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every twice in a year. The selection process is divided into Written exam, Physical Test and Interview. Graduation is the minimum educational qualification required for CDS exam. Any stream candidates are eligible to apply for Indian Army Wing.

Age Limit for Indian Army Wing: Unmarried male candidate with the age limit 19 years to 24 years.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
3rd February 2016, 10:50 PM
Shubham_priyadarshi

Quote:
Yes you can join defence sector after your graduation. You can apply for CDS and selection is based on the written exam followed by interview called SSB.

BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR CAREER CHOICES.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?