24th August 2016, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army or Indian Navy or Air Force as an Officer after graduation?

Dear sir. I am a student of 3rd year in math honours. I have glasses of power -1.5 in both eyes. Please, tell me that can i join Indian army, Indian navy or Air force as an officer after graduation?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible for me to get into Army or Air Force after clearing ITI exam?
  2. What is the role of Pharmacist in Indian Air Force? Scope for Pharmacy candidates in Air Force, Navy and Army? How can I join Navy, Army or Air Force being a Graduate in Pharmacy?
  3. Eligibility for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air Force 2015
  4. Salary paid to Indian Navy Officer? Which is best among Navy Air Force and Army?
  5. Scope for dentists in Indian Navy and Air Force?
  6. Can I join Indian Army or Indian Navy or Indian Air Force after passing B.A in third division
  7. How can I apply for Indian Navy and Indian Air Force after doing BSc H Physics?
  8. Any jobs available with BDS qualification in India?
  9. How can I join Indian Air force or Indian Army after completing B.Tech?
  10. Can I join Indian army, navy or air force after completing 2nd PUC with commerce stream? -- [New]
  11. Is there any particular graduation course available for girls to get high level Officer post in Navy, Air Force or Army?
  12. How to join Indian Army, Navy, Air Force, Police?
  13. Can girls join Indian Navy or Indian Air Force after B.Pharma?
  14. Chances in Indian Army, Indian Air Force or Indian Navy after Commerce Graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I become a Para Commando after B.Com?
  16. What are the steps to follow for getting into army right after graduation?
  17. Which Indian Airforce form can i fill on my 10th qualification basis?
  18. Can I apply for Indian Air Force and Army having completed Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering? Procedure to join Air Force and Army?
24th August 2016, 06:29 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army or Indian Navy or Air Force as an Officer after graduation?

Yes, definitely you can join the forces. You have to go through the CDSE.

CDSE is conducted by the UPSC twice a year in the month of February and October for the recruitment of officers in the defence forces.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from a recognized university.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your graduation degree.
25th August 2016, 11:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army or Indian Navy or Air Force as an Officer after graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir. I am a student of 3rd year in math honours. I have glasses of power -1.5 in both eyes. Please, tell me that can i join Indian army, Indian navy or Air force as an officer after graduation?
If you fulfill below given eye-sight criteria, then you are eligible for Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy.

Eye sight for Indian Army:-

Uncorrected without glass – 6/12
Corrected with glass – 6/6
Limits of Myopia – 3.5
Limits of Hypermetropia – +2.5
Binocular vision III
Limits of Colour Perception I

Eye sight for Indian Navy:-

Uncorrected without glass: 6/6
Corrected with glass: 6/6
Limits of Myopia: -0.75
Limits of Hypermetropia: +1.5
Limits of Colour Perception: I
Binocular Vision: III

Eye sight for Indian Air force:-

Minimum distant vision 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other
Correctable to 6/6 only for Hypermetropia
Colour vision CP-I
Hypermetropia = + 2.0 D Sph
Manifest Myopia = Nil
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?