1st June 2016, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to get into Army or Air Force after clearing ITI exam?

Is it possible for me to get into Army or Air Force after clearing ITI exam? What is the procedure followed on the same? Can you please guide me with the details on the same? What is the steps which we need to follow? Thank you!

1st June 2016, 08:56 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get into Army or Air Force after clearing ITI exam?

No, it is not possible for you to get into Army or Air Force after clearing ITI examination. To be eligible to join in Army or Air Force, you must have to appear in NDA examination.

To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you must have passed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board. Eligibility criteria that you need to fulfill to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

>> Nationality :-
You must be an Indian.

>> Educational Qualification :-
You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised university to join in Army.

To join in Air Force, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognised board.

>> Age Limit :-
Minimum age limit :- 16 1/2 years
Maximum age limit :- 19 1/2 years

>> Martial Status :-
You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

>> Physical Standards :-
You must be Physically fit.
1st June 2016, 10:23 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get into Army or Air Force after clearing ITI exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it possible for me to get into Army or Air Force after clearing ITI exam? What is the procedure followed on the same? Can you please guide me with the details on the same? What is the steps which we need to follow? Thank you!
Two years ITI course is not equivalent to class 12 certificate. Therefore you need to firstly give your class 12 board exam from a recognized school and then only you will be eligible to sit for the competitive exam related to join army or air force.

The competitive exam which acts as a gateway to the Army wing or air force wing is known as NDA. Its full form is National Defence Academy and NDA exam is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility Criteria:-

Army wing:- You needs to complete the 10+2 examination conducted by a State Board and get the pass marks in it.

Air Force or Naval wing: You need to pass the class 12 exam of a recognized board plus they also needs to have physics and mathematics at 10+2 level.

Age Criteria: 16.5-19 years

Selection Procedure:-
  • Written Examination
  • Interview
  • Intelligence and Personality Test
1st June 2016, 11:19 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

No. You are not eligible for Indian Army or Indian Air Force without passed (10+2). After passing of (10+2) , You can apply for Indian Army or Indian Air-force through NDA.

NDA Eligibility
- You should be Indian & have domicile certificate.
- You must have passed senior secondary in science stream with PCM as a main subjects.
- Your age should be between 17 to 20 years on 31st December of the examination year.

Selection
- NDA Written Exam
- SSB Interview
- Medical Test

NDA Exam Pattern
- Total Marks : 900
Mathematics : 300 Marks (150 Questions , 2.5 Hours)
General Ability : 600 Marks (150 Questions , 2.5 Hours)
- There is a provision of negative marking for wrong answers.

NDA Important Dates
- Online Application Available : 2nd January , 2016
- Last Date of Application : 29th January , 2016
- Release of Admit Cards : 21th March , 2016
- NDA Exam : 17th April , 2016
- Result of NDA Exam : September , 2016
2nd June 2016, 09:09 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Army or Air Force, you have to clear these exam:

NDA which stands for National Defense Academy

CDS which stands for Combined Defense Service

NDA is conducted by UPSC twice in a year to join following:

Indian Army

Indian Navy

Indian Air Force

Education Qualification:

You should have passed 12th standard with Science stream if you want to join Navy and Air force.

Any stream for Indian Army

Age limit is 16.5-19 years.

You must be unmarried male candidates.

Selection Process:

Written exam which consist Mathematics and General Knowledge.

SSB Interview

Physical and Medical Test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?