9th August 2014, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I enroll in IAF? Are there chances to become Squadron Leader being Mechanical Engineer?

sir , i had passed my 2 exam with 59.6%. presently i am pursuing my BE in MECHANICAL feild . can i get enrolled in IAF and are there chances to become a squadron leader being a mechanical engineer?

15th August 2014, 03:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I enroll in IAF? Are there chances to become Squadron Leader being Mechanical Engineer?

After completing your Mechanical Engineering degree you can definitely apply for Indian Air Force through examinations like CDS exam and AFCAT. These examination are for officer's post and you will become an officer in Indian Air Force if you successfully crack any of these exam.

The age limit for Indian Air Force Academy through CDS exam is 19 to 23 years. This examination is conducted by UPSC. The age limit for OTA is 19 to 25 years in CDS exam which will get you into Indian Army if you have interest in Army.

AFCAT is conducted for three branches of Indian Air Force i.e Flying Branch, Ground Duty Branch and Technical Branch. You want to become a Squadron Leader so you have to aim for Flying Branch. The age limit for AFCAT is 19 to 27 years. Also for Flying branch there will be additional tests like Pilot Aptitude Battery Test which will test your aptitude.

Hence if you are seriously looking to join Indian Air Force as an officer then you must be prepared for the above exams. As for now you are doing your Engineering Graduation, so concentrate on your studies and prepare by keeping in mind these examination.

Regards,
Ajay Gupta
15th August 2014, 11:03 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I enroll in IAF? Are there chances to become Squadron Leader being Mechanical Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir , i had passed my 2 exam with 59.6%. presently i am pursuing my BE in MECHANICAL feild . can i get enrolled in IAF and are there chances to become a squadron leader being a mechanical engineer?
Yeah you can join in Indian Air Force but only after completing your Degree at this stage as per the education qualification which is needed.The way to join in the force is that the candidate should apply for the entrance exam for the respected force.

You can apply for the AFCAT Exam which offers you to join in the force,and there are standards which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply and they are:
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Education qualification

# The candidate should have a Citizenship in India

Ground Duty Branch:

# The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 20-27 years

# Education qualification needed for applying for the exam is that the candidate should have completed a Bachelor degree from a recognized university with atleast 60% aggregate.

Flying Branch:

# Age limit needed is 19-23 years of age

# Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed B.E/B.Tech degree from a recognized university.

Technical Branch:

# The age limit needed for joining in the technical branch is that the candidate must have completed 18-28 years of age

# The candidate should have completed Aeronautical engineering to be eligible as per the education qualification needed for the exam

If you satisfy the eligibility criteria needed for the respected branch then you can appy for the exam

Regards
~Jxsab~
9th June 2016, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

I have passed 10 2 exam with 56.2% with pcm stream . But i got only 38 marks in math and 45 marks in english . So plz tell me that can i join royal iaf through nda & cds exam ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?