26th December 2017, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for medical course in Maharashtra after 10+2 with Biotechnology?

My relative passed 10+2 with Biotechnology as one of the major subject from CBSE Board. Is he eligible for any medical courses in Maharashtra?

Related Questions:
  1. Colleges offering admission in Pune through NEET?
  2. Eligibility criteria for Medical Entrance exam in Maharashtra colleges?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria for non maharashtrians in Maharashtra Entrance exam for Medical course?
  4. Top most colleges in Maharashtra for Biotechnology course?
  5. List of reputed institutes offering MSc in Medical Biotechnology? Eligibility to apply for the course? What comes under Medical Biotechnology and subjects to prepare for the entrance?
  6. From which college to pursue M.Tech? Which branches are available in M.Tech and what is the fee structure? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which course should I opt for my PG? I am pursuing agricultural biotechnology course
  8. Institutes offering Masters in Medical Biotechnology and other streams of Biotechnology?
  9. Is there any college in Maharashtra for MSc in medical biotechnology
  10. What rank can I get after scoring 102 marks in under graduate course of medical science?
  11. Will I get admission in any government college after scoring 102 marks in NEET
  12. MCET eligibility after primary education in AP and high school in Maharashtra?
  13. Will I get MBBS seat in government college after scoring cutoff of 193.5 under SC category?
  14. What are the job opportunities after completing M.Sc in Medical Biotechnology? -- [New]
  15. What is the eligibility criteria to join MS in Medical Biotechnology? Which is the best university to do this course?
  16. Should I study B.Sc in Medical Biotechnology if secured 70% in 12th?
  17. Which government degree college is suitable with MHT CET score of 92?
  18. How to do M.Tech in medical biotechnology?
27th December 2017, 05:13 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for medical course in Maharashtra after 10+2 with Biotechnology?

You can apply for following medical courses after 10+2 in Biotechnology.

1. Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy/Physiotherapy.

2. Bachelor's degree in Zoology or Botany.

3. BAMS, BDS courses.

4. Bachelor's degree in Environmental Biotechnology/ Medical Biotechnology etc.

5. B.Tech in Biotechnology.

6. Genetic Engineering.
27th December 2017, 06:43 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for medical course in Maharashtra after 10+2 with Biotechnology?

Yes, candidates passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biotechnology are eligible to appear in examination.

So, you can appear in NEET, AIIMS and MHCET examination to get admission in MBBS, BDS and other medical course.

To get admission you have to appear and qualify in entrance test. NEET examination is conducted by CBSE.

There is age limit and minimum required to get admission in different course.
27th December 2017, 10:17 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to get admission for pursuing Medical course in Maharashtra, the candidate should have passed 12th standard or Intermediate course with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a Government recognised board. For getting admission in Medical course, the candidate have to appear in National or State or University level Medical entrance examinations like NEET, AIIMS, etc.,. After qualifying the entrance examination, the candidate have to participate in the counselling process according to his examination rank, so, that he will be offered admission in a particular college for pursuing Medical course. So, if the candidate has not pursued Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects in his 12th standard, he is not eligible to get admission for pursuing Medical course in Maharashtra.
27th December 2017, 10:50 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes,if he/she have passed with Physics, Chemistry and Biotechnology as main paper, then eligible to get admission in medical course.

The available course is :-

MBBS.

BDS.

BAMS.

B.Pharma.

To get admission candidate have to appear and qualify in entrance examination.
27th December 2017, 11:53 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Students with Medical or Combine stream are eligible to join medical courses after 12th. If a student have Biology as compulsory or optional subject then he/she will give Entrance exams like AIPMT/AIIMS etc.

So if your relative belongs to Medical or combine stream then he will definitely allowed to give medical entrance exams unless not.
28th December 2017, 10:09 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Yes, if someone have completed 12th with Biotechnology then he/she is eligible to appear in medical entrance test.

Other compulsory eligibility is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biotechnology.

But, if you want to get admission in MBBS or BDS course you have to appear and qualify in NEET examination.

For admission in other course you have to appear and qualify in Common Entrance Test conducted by respective state.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?