20th February 2017, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

Entrance exam to study Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery? Can I take admission through NEET?

Hello sir, I want to study Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery from government college. Please tell me which entrance exam should I apply for it? Can I take admission through NEET?

16th April 2017, 12:48 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exam to study Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery? Can I take admission through NEET?

Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery ( BUMS ) is a bachelor degree course and it is bachelor degree course of five and a half years.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in same examination is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board.

As far as you are concerned about the entrance examination for pursuing in same degree course from any government medical college then there is no national level entrance examination (like NEET which is held for admission in MBBS/BDS) and for admission in same respective entrance examinations are held.

Few of the well known medical colleges offering BUMS degree course are here under :-

i) Faculty of Medicine (Unani), Jamia Hamdard, Delhi.

ii) National Institute of Unani Medicine, Bangalore, Karnataka.

iii) Unani Medical College and Hospital, Srinagar, J&K.

iv) State Unani Medical College, Allahabad.

v) Govt. Unani Medical College, Chennai, etc. .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?