10th October 2015, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

In which entrance exams an Electrical engineer can appear to join Navy or Air Force?

Hello ! I Jagadeesh Kumar my age is 21 I have completed b-tech electrical in 2015 which type of exams I am eligible to appear, give me answer

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do to join Air force after completion of my B.Com? What are the posts available in Air force for commerce students? What are the entrance exam I should write for that post?
  2. Can I join Army, Air Force and Navy after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?
  3. How to join Air Force, Navy and Army after completion of 12th Class with Commerce?
  4. Job opportunities for civil engineers in Indian Army?
  5. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How to join indian air force or navy after 12th science?
  7. Is there any merit based selection for Army/Air Force/Navy recruitment through NDA-II entrance exam?
  8. How to join Air Force? What are the exams to join Air force?
  9. How can I join Army, Navy, Airforce while pursuing B.Tech in Electrical Engineering?
  10. What kind of entrance exam is available to join Indian Air Force for B.Com graduate?
  11. How should I join Air Force after BCA? Requirements to join Air Force?
  12. What is the role of Pharmacist in Indian Air Force? Scope for Pharmacy candidates in Air Force, Navy and Army? How can I join Navy, Army or Air Force being a Graduate in Pharmacy?
  13. Eligibility for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air Force 2015
  14. How can I join Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)? Percentage required to join? Entrance exams to join?
  15. How can a civil engineer join Navy or Air force department?
  16. Can i join Air Force? i am a B.E. student
  17. How to prepare for Hindi Paper in Rewar Sidhi Gramin Bank?
  18. Procedure to join as Engineer in Indian Air Force? Job Opportunities in Indian Air Force?
10th October 2015, 06:37 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exams an Electrical engineer can appear to join Navy or Air Force?

In order to join Navy or Air Force, you have to appear for CDS exam .

UPSC conducts CDS(Combined Defense Services) exam twice year for recruitment in different wings of Indian Army.

UPSC makes recruitment for following Academy through CDS exam:

- Indian Military Academy

- Naval Academy

- Air Force Academy

- Officer's Training Academy

The eligibility required to join Indian Navy or Air Force through CDS Exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The qualification required for Indian Naval Academy is Bachelor of Engineering.

-The age limit to apply for the Indian Naval Academy should be in between 19 years to 22 years.

-The qualification required for Indian Air Force Academy Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or B.Sc with Physics or Mathematics as main subjects from any recognized university.

-The candidate age limit for Indian Air Force Academy should be in between 19 years to 23 years .

-The exam process involves of

Written Exam, and

Interview by Services Selection Board.

-Exam Pattern:

English – 100 marks

General Knowledge – 100 marks

Elementary mathematics – 100 marks
10th October 2015, 07:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exams an Electrical engineer can appear to join Navy or Air Force?

Being 21 years old at and bachelor of technology degree holder so you have the option for joining Indian Navy, Indian Air force or Indian Army with you for which you will need to clear the CDS examination.

--> CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and it is an academy that provides necessary training and education to those who have cleared the CDS entrance examination and are willing to be an officer in the Indian Defense.

--> CDS entrance examination is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which are called as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

--> CDS has four wings which are Naval Academy ( NA ), Indian Air force Academy ( IAA ), Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) and Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ).

--> The qualifications required for appearing in the same examination for different wings of CDS are as given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* You must be physically and mentally tough as per the service requirement norms.

* Your age must not be below 19 years and must not exceed 22 years for NA, 23 years for IAA, 24 years for IMA and 25 years for OTA.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course with any stream from a recognized university for IMA or OTA wing. But for NA or IAA you stream of academics must be either physics or mathematics or any engineering course. Students pursuing final year of same degree course are also eligible.

For more details about the same examination you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
10th October 2015, 07:19 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There are two entrance exams conducted at bachelor's degree level that gives candidate opportunity to join different wings of defence. First one is the Combined Defence Services examination conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

To be eligible for the Indian Naval academy or Air force academy, a candidate must have done bachelor's degree in Physics or Mathematics or bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognized university.

The age limit for the INA is 19-22 years and for AFA is 19-23 years. Both unmarried male and female candidates can apply for the exam. Other than CDS, you can apply for the Air force Common Admission test for getting entry into different branches of Airforce like Technical branch, Flying branch etc.

For more details about CDS, visit www.upsc.gov.in and AFCAT at www.careerairforce.nic.in.
10th October 2015, 11:20 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for the entrance exams like Combined Defence Services and AFCAT exam for joining the wings of defence in which you are interested.

* Your age is 21 years, so you are eligible for the Indian Naval Academy and AirForce academy under CDS exam. For these wings, bachelor's degree holder in engineering are eligible for the exam.

* You will have to clear the written test and SSB to join any wing.

* The age limit for the Air Force Common Admission test is 19-24 years. You can join the technical branch if you clear the written test and AFSB. You are eligible for both exams and both are conducted twice every year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?