22nd July 2011, 12:00 AM
dhoot

Which exam should I consider between GATE, IES, CAT and PSU exam?

Sir i am a third year mechanical engineering student.For future i have option like gate exam,ies exam,cat exam,psu exam etc.I need help that which i choose and why.please solve my problem.

6th August 2011, 02:56 PM
sachin200792

Default Re: Which exam should I consider between GATE, IES, CAT and PSU exam?

Dear friend all of the four exams you have mentioned have different purposes. But all of them can ensure you to move towards a better future.

GATE exam, students having B.E./B.Tech. degree or in th final year of these courses opt for this exam for doing M.Tech. from some reknowned institute like IIT's. GATE score card is valid for two years and in this mean time you can apply in the engineering colleges for M.E./M.Tech. programmes.

IES exam, Conducted by UPSC, students having their ambition to be an IES officer take this exam to pursue their dreams. IES job is the most reputed job in engineering services in India.

CAT exam, those students who want to do management courses after their graduation opt for this exam.

PSU exam, helps you to get a good job in the Public Sector Undertaking. So if you have no further plans for higher studies then you can opt for this.
GATE score card will also help you to get more oppurtunities in government jobs.

You can take any of those exams according to your requirements and future plans.
7th August 2011, 04:01 PM
Bmsri

I would suggest you to opt for the gate exam because if you want to do your PG it will be helpful for you to get the scholarship.It will be also helpful to get the government job.
Good luck.
11th August 2011, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

thank u sir .its been a great help of urs to clearly distinguish between ies and gate
15th November 2011, 11:56 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello

Dear friend all of the four exams you have mentioned have different purposes. But all of them can ensure you to move towards a better future.

GATE exam, students having B.E./B.Tech. degree or in th final year of these courses opt for this exam for doing M.Tech. from some reknowned institute like IIT's. GATE score card is valid for two years and in this mean time you can apply in the engineering colleges for M.E./M.Tech. programmes.

IES exam, Conducted by UPSC, students having their ambition to be an IES officer take this exam to pursue their dreams. IES job is the most reputed job in engineering services in India.

CAT exam, those students who want to do management courses after their graduation opt for this exam.

PSU exam, helps you to get a good job in the Public Sector Undertaking. So if you have no further plans for higher studies then you can opt for this.
GATE score card will also help you to get more oppurtunities in government jobs.

You can take any of those exams according to your requirements and future plans
30th December 2011, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

sir, i m a third year ECE student. i m comfused with the exams such as GATE,GRE, CAT, PSU and IES. please help me so that i may select the best oppertunities...
7th January 2012, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to good job after b.tech(uptu) in any condition so which exam i consider
8th July 2012, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

what is the Age limit crireria to appear in GATE EXAM ? My age is 29 years. Can i appear for GATE -2012 OR GATE -2013 ?
1st February 2013, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

sir i am student of computer science i want to be in army what is the options for me
1st February 2013, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

sir i am the student of computer science i want to be in army what are the options for me
13th October 2013, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

sir how can i succeed in gate exam.i'm in electrical branch.
14th January 2014, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

FIRST OF ALL ; GATE requires indepth knowledge of the subject with a projection towards solving numericle problems,or critical problems similar to real life situations faced , while PSU requires vast knowledge on subjects , and needs to remain updated.So sometimes you may face questions on PSU papers which may lie beyoned the scope of your syllabis that you studied during your grads , while GATE is known for its complex problems, .
IF u chk the pattern you will find that GATE papers consists of 66 questions , and the participent is asked to solve them with in 3 hours (certainly complexity is indicated) , while in PSU u will be given 2 hours for 150 to 200 questions.. (including English and reasoning) so , here the questions r tricky , or based on knowledge strength.

Its difficult to distinguish properly between PSU and GATE , but certainly , organizations like SAIL ,BHEL etc do prepare their question papers with ex IIT profs , and their papers are also relatively difficult .
Best of luck
15th January 2014, 09:29 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

My dear friend,

I am not the right person to decide your future. It is you who can decide your career and you are solely responsible for your career.

In such a case, you are the right person to judge the right Entrance Exam for you among IES, GATE, CAT and other PSU exams.

But I can provide you how your career will be after cracking all these Entrance Exams.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

This Entrance Exam is being conducted once in year to give admission for the candidates into M.Tech course.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering or who have comploeted Engineering can apply for this exam.

Coming to IES Exam,

This exam will be conducted once in a year by UPSC to recruit the candidates into various Engineering services like
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering etc.

You should have completed Graduation in Engineering in order to apply for this Exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test.

This exam is also being conducted once in a year to give admission for Post Graduate management programs in various B-Schools and IIMs.

You should have completed your Graduation with a minimum of 50% of marks in order to apply for this Exam.

So, opt for the Entrance Exam in accordance with your interest.

Wish you all the best.
7th August 2015, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi............... I completed my graduation in B.E CSE and i am planning to write both GATE and PSU exam. So i checked in net syllabus all same for both. but apart from that there is any difference in both exam
22nd October 2017, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

Which is the best exam among cat,gate and upsc civil services for an engineering student after completion?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?