1st June 2010, 09:49 PM
devamitra

Fields other than Engineering or Medical after 10+2 in Science? With no entrance exam requirements

i have passed my +2 examinations in science with 70% so now can anyone tell me wats de best line wid gud prospect for me to study in kolkata except in enge or medi.
its better if u tell me the institutes which provides admission widout entrance bcz almost all de entrances r over.
so i am waiting for ur replies.
THNX.

1st June 2010, 11:23 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

Default Re: Fields other than Engineering or Medical after 10+2 in Science? With no entrance exam requirements

as you dont want to do engineering or medical its better to arts and science .. fashion tech , catering, hotel management are also courses which provide good future for you
2nd June 2010, 12:46 AM
angelica101

Default Re: Fields other than Engineering or Medical after 10+2 in Science? With no entrance exam requirements

Hi,if you choose a field apart from eng and med then it should be undergraduate courses for which no entrance test are required admissions are in progress and will be based on your 10+2 result,with science as background you can either choose zoology, botany or microbiology,here is a link to the lady barbourne college which is offering these courses you can also look for other undergraduate colleges offering science courses..hope this helps..
http://www.ladybrabourne.com/profile.html#courses
2nd June 2010, 09:19 AM
vaishali14feb

Dear you can go for BSc honours .It will be a good option for you.BIDHANNAGAR COLLEGE is one of the best colleges in kolkatta and it offers only honours for science stream.
ALL THE BEST
2nd June 2010, 09:28 AM
nikita_gigi

Thumbs up Re: Fields other than Engineering or Medical after 10+2 in Science? With no entrance exam requirements

70% in science field is good in fact great, now what you have to do is first found out in which field you are intersted and what you want do in your life and if not this year then take coaching somewhere and try next year......... best of luck
2nd June 2010, 02:43 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

dear devamitra ,

u can definitely pursue bba or bca in some good colleges avalaible in kolkata .

The Bhowanipur Education Society College Kalighat

Ashutosh College Park Street

H.O.St. Xavier's College Kolkata Airport

B.P. Poddar Institute of Management and Technology Bidhan Nagar

NIPS School of Hotel Management

Indian Statistical Institute

Indian Institute of Psychometry Sarat Bose Road

Indian Institute of Bio-social Research & Development Panchpota

Netaji Subhash Engineering College Maheshtala

George College of Management & Science Barrackpore

Rastraguru Surendra Nath College

you can also go for some mathematics institutes if u have zeal for maths

best of luck......!!!
|||Satish|||
2nd June 2010, 05:26 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Except Engineering or Medical only few options strick my mind for you.

1) Simplely Complete your M.sc or B.sc degree along with B.ed and opt for Teaching jobs in Goverment Higher secondary schools. At present any teacher in Goverment HS school of Kolkata get 30,000 as basic salary for studing any science subject. Besides these you can opt for Private Coaching also one of the best option. Kolkata is a place where Teaching is one of the most lucaretive job option. Today by having few years of teaching experiance in can open your own Coaching institute. And can easily Ern 6 figure salary.

You can also join some institutes for teachning like- Pathfinder, FITJEE, Resonace etc. FITJEE & Resonance even pay 7 figures salary to there teacher.

2) Simplely after completing your P.hd you can opt for research. Any research Scientist Recieved 50,000 per month in Kolkata. For example- Md. Jamaluddin. Simultaneously you can teach also in Colleges as well and double your stipend.

3) Opt for Hotel Management. Complete your B.Sc/M.sc (Hotel Management) from a good institute and you can find good job in 5 star Hotels, Resturaunts etc.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
2nd June 2010, 05:38 PM
sarath menon

Quote:
Originally Posted by devamitra View Post
i have passed my +2 examinations in science with 70% so now can anyone tell me wats de best line wid gud prospect for me to study in kolkata except in enge or medi.
its better if u tell me the institutes which provides admission widout entrance bcz almost all de entrances r over.
THNX.
hey ther
if intrested in science go for BSc phy or chem or even maths!!!! or go for good courses lyk air hostess etc..... these are also good proffesions........ evry1 cant become engineers and doctors naaaaaa....... If u want engineering so badly search for colleges with management seats wich is based on how much money u r ready to invest!!!!!!!!!!
colleges are many ther might b 1 for u in ur own town!!!!!!!! try google otherwise!!!!
all d best bye........
2nd June 2010, 06:10 PM
help100%

Look dear as you have passed out 10+2 and haven't appeard for any entrance .So don't hesitate just chill. Look you have just crossed you school boundary and nothing is finish rather its about to start.So ,i'm giving some options below and its you have to decide which one to choose:

1.Take admission in B.Sc in any science field(physics,chemistry) or B.Math/B.com/B.A and finally after doing with it join for M.Sc/M.Com/M.A and at last to opt for teaching profession as a teacher or professor.
2.Take admission in B.Sc/B.Com/B.A then after doing it join for MBA (finance,marketing,retail management,real estate,human resource) and then you will have a nice job to do and earning big bucks by proving your worthiness to the company.
3.Take admission in B.Sc/B.Com/B.A then after completing it join for 3 years LLB course after doing that again you will be having a good job and to earn big bucks
4.Take admission in B.Sc/B.Com/B.A then after completing it join C.A by pursuing CPT entrance test after doing that again you will be having a good job and to earn big bucks
5.Take admission in B.Sc/B.Com/B.A then after completing it join C.S by pursuing Foundation entrance test after doing that again you will be having a good job and to earn big bucks
6.Take admission in B.Sc/B.Com/B.A then after completing it join animation(it doesn't include only cartoon many more things are their in amimation)by giving entrance test or taking direct admission in the reputated institute after doing that again you will be having a good job and to earn big bucks
7.Take admission in B.Sc/B.Com/B.A then after completing it join fashion designing by giving entrance test after doing that again you will be having a good job and to earn big bucks.
8.Wait for next year entrance exam of Engineering,medical,law,fashion designing,business management, animation then giving them with one year preparation and after pursuing the entrance taking admission in any prospect and after your graduation you will be start earning big bucks don't need any further master's to start earning.

So ,i have provided the reasonable option above and you have to decide which one to choose for and make it a target of life.For any further queries you are most welcome to post here.

Best of Luck,
help100%
2nd June 2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
THNX.
u can do the b.sc(biotech,microbiology),or hotel management these courses do not need any enterence exams
2nd June 2010, 09:02 PM
lonelyryan

Default Fields other than Engineering or Medical after 10+2 in Science? With no entrance exam requirements

dear freind u can do bca........

u can do hotel management.........

u can do architecture,,,,,,,

u can be dietician etc...........
2nd June 2010, 09:06 PM
Akshara V

if you are interested in any specific subject you can join for degree courses... such as bsc chemistry , physics etc. other than this you can join for diploma courses.....
24th June 2010, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Fields other than Engineering or Medical after 10 2 in Science? With no entrance exam requirements

I'v just passed the 2 in science with 49%.i don't want to study more science.What should be my best carrer selection?
25th June 2010, 12:59 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Fields other than Engineering or Medical after 10 2 in Science? With no entrance exam requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'v just passed the 2 in science with 49%.i don't want to study more science.What should be my best carrer selection?

Well, if you have at least 45% in Mathematics then you can get BA (Economics) so go for it. Otherwise opt for BA Genaral or B.Com. Except that I dont think you would get anyother. If you had at least 50% then you can expect BBA/BCA like courses but since you have only 49% you can expect so.

Or better again give your +2 from NIOS or IGNOU. That's because a large portion of career success depends upon +2 result, if it gets bad then way to career will become very tough and rude to you.
25th June 2010, 02:52 AM
leo1990

You need not worry regarding your future , there are hell lots of careers ahead.

You can pursue your career in diploma in travel and tourism , airhostess or steward ,these are the two platforms which test your potential and confidence in person!

Later comes bachelor degree in architecture if you've got 50% marks atleast in your +2 mathematics as its not been mentioned.

As this is india, if u are under any category you can easily chuck into any college for bachelor degree in commerce or arts as per your wish! If not make sure you've got 60 % above marks in mathematics.! If not sorry this option is not valid for you.

Hotel management is open for you..
Fashion designing..
U acn even turn into a LIC agent, see as advised by faiyaz if you wish to reappear for +2 meanwhile do some courses , polish your english fluency..etc!

Regards,
The leo
25th June 2010, 07:24 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

as u have passed 10+2 with 70% of marks and u have missed all the
entrances so i will give u a no. of colleges those accept late admission.

1.city college

2.jaipuria college

u can try in this colleges.

now a days in every professional course u will get admitted through entrance examination.

except engineering there are also many fields where u can make ur carrier

1.fashion technology

2.hotel management

3.library manager

4.defence

5.graphics and animation

6.multimedia

above all u can proceed with science in non technical line.

all the best.
25th June 2010, 10:41 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

If you dont like to take admission in Engineering or Medical after 12th in Science, then for you there are very few options are left. So, i will suggest you just go for BCA and
then after MCA, because there are very wide scope in computer field and you will get
jobs in manny good companies like HP, HCL, DELL with high salary pacakage.

If you dont like computer field, then you can go for B.sc or M.sc and you can also a option for B.com Hons. because your percentage is good, So, you can choose these
given field.

But, i will suggest you just opt those field, in which you have like the most, because your
interest is first priority. Just choose according to your interest and capacity, only then you will sucess in life.
25th June 2010, 11:47 AM
Amritansu subh

Dear in this generation everyone want to keep at the top floor of the success and for the huge competition in every level the talent are tested by the entrance exams.But every system has two ways and there are also branches in which there in no need to give to any entrance exams and they are the followings:-
1-B.sc/B.com/B.A
2-Hotel management courses
3-Merchant Navy
4-I.T.I
5-M.B.A
6-Teacher after your M.sc/M.com/M.A
7-M.F.C
9-Computer networking/hardworking engineering
10-Mobile reparing engineering
etc
GOODLUCK
REGARDS
**AMRITANSU**
25th June 2010, 01:39 PM
bholag

dear friend
their are lots of fields other than
Engineering or Medical after 10+2 in Science.
you can do B.Com if you have taken commerce at 10+2 level or
If you have arts at 10+2 level you can do B.A
or you can go for management courses like BBA,BBM,BHM etc
admission to good college for bachelors degree mentioned above without entrance exam you have score good percentage of marks in 12th.
after the completion of of mentioned degree you can do MBA.
25th June 2010, 02:27 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

hello friend,
you are always welcome to commerce stream if you want to continue with science.You can do various courses in commerce stream depending upon your choice of subjects.But there are very few colleges which has such low cut off for admission.you can get into commerce without any entrance exam.or you can go for BSc in various fields as well,even these doesnt need any entrance exam.you can try in private colleges.Or else you can go for improvement exam and then try your luck next year
25th June 2010, 04:40 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no worries!!!!

if you are not interested in science than there are several interesting courses which are available without requirements of good qualifications in +2 .

you can go for
~ interior designing course
~animation industry (well payed with no education qualifications)
~fashion designing course
~jewellery designing course
~hotel management course
~architechture course

these jobs are not academic oriented and as you are not interested in studies so these will be good for you .these all jobs are field oriented so you will enjoy doing them .

best of luck!!
cheers
28th July 2010, 07:14 AM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi friend
the field are as follow
you can go for the simple graduation in the science or either commerce field then you can go for the master degree couse
5th August 2010, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

I WANT LIST OF SUBJECTS OF 1 AND 2( MEDICALE)
WITH CBSE BOARD
6th August 2010, 07:03 AM
Jitendra malviya

Location: 8-bhawani shri lakshya , chhatrasal nagar ,phase 1 ,Bhopal(M.P.),462023

dear friend

Fields other than Engineering or Medical after 10+2 in Science? With no entrance exam requirements

Bsc

Bca

Pgdca

etc..
26th August 2010, 08:46 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
there are so many option without engineering and medical.
As you scored 70% in 12th You can go for
1:BSC,
2:BBA,
3:BCA
4:B.Com etc
there are so many colleges all over India
In each department have a very good bright future.
Good luck.
26th August 2010, 08:50 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
there are so many option without engineering and medical.
As you scored 70% in 12th You can go for
1:BSC,
2:BBA,
3:BCA
4:B.Com etc
there are so many colleges all over India
In each department have a very good bright future.
Good luck.
27th August 2010, 11:58 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

there are lots of courses you can do after your 12th, where entrance exam is not needed..
you can go for, Bsc,bba,BCA,Bcom etc...

I want to say something to you , why you are getting scared from entrance exams,, if prepare yourself very well then nothing is tough..

so, don't be scared. if you go for engineering or medical after 12th, then there is huge scope for better future..

now , it is on you..

all the best..
17th November 2010, 08:05 PM
lakveldi

Go for shipping course which has good opportunity for earning more money and also you can see all world.
18th November 2010, 07:41 AM
raja jeganathan

you can aproach diploma course.. u can join in direct 2nd year.. diploma course having good scope other than engg and medi
26th December 2010, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Hai, I passed my 2 with 85%marks. I want to be civil servant but now i'm confused to choose a degree. I don't wish to go for bsc or bcom.Can you pls suggest me some other good degree courses..
27th December 2010, 12:13 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Fields other than Engineering or Medical after 10+2 in Science? With no entrance exam requirements

Quote:
THNX.
Dear friend,
i think BBA or BCA is the suitable choice for you without any entrance exem...
27th December 2010, 02:26 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Fields other than Engineering or Medical after 10+2 in Science? With no entrance exam requirements

my dear

If you are serching filed other then medical and engineering without any entrance exam ,then definetily you can apply in so many good colleges:-
like in kolkata:-

The Bhowanipur Education Society College Kalighat

Ashutosh College Park Street

H.O.St. Xavier's College Kolkata Airport

B.P. Poddar Institute of Management and Technology Bidhan Nagar

NIPS School of Hotel Management

Indian Statistical Institute

Indian Institute of Psychometry Sarat Bose Road

Indian Institute of Bio-social Research & Development Panchpota

Netaji Subhash Engineering College Maheshtala

George College of Management & Science Barrackpore

you can choose according to your mind

Good luck.........
27th December 2010, 06:05 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Thumbs down Re: Fields other than Engineering or Medical after 10+2 in Science? With no entrance exam requirements

Dear friend ,

After 12th there are many field other then Medical and Engineering i.e.

BSC, B. Com & BA
BBA BBM BHM
BCA
Interior designing course
Jewellery designing course
Fashion designing course
Architechture course
animation industry
Air Hostade
Steewards
etc.......................

All the best
27th December 2010, 11:00 PM
nishant1110

Useful posts by honorable members, I'd like to add just one thing. In all other fields except medical and engineering in undergraduation, selection depends purely on aptitude and only weakly on scientific knowledge and understanding - which may help when it comes to understanding, say, a property of a material. So it is not that a weak science student cannot excel in the other fields. (Let the best happen for you!)
28th December 2010, 05:46 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Most of the institutes offering undergraduate course admit students on the basis of their performance in entrance exam. Only few good institute admit students directly without any entrance exam. But at first you must decide which course you want to pursue.

There are a no. of degree diploma as well as professional courses that you can pursue such as:

BBA
BHM
BCA
BSc
BArch
BPharma

diploma in fashion designing
diploma in nursing
diploma in retail management
19th March 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

WHAT COURSES DO WE SHOULD STUDY AFTER 12TH FOR ARTS STUDENTS??????????????????
14th May 2011, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

myself varun chhapru i want to know that i jst clear my 10 2 nw in science nd nw i m confused that wat should i start frm which course will u suggest some good course plz
20th July 2011, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 2 with 70% marks in science, in kerala
which course should i pursue??
Suggest some colleges in kerala, karnataka & in tamil nadu
4th November 2011, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

I m interested in fine arts and this year i will appear for 12 so please suggest me some best career options please
28th May 2013, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

is animation a good course for best life?
3rd October 2013, 03:33 PM
pulkit rohilla

Thumbs up Re: Fields other than Engineering or Medical after 10+2 in Science? With no entrance exam requirements

Quote:
THNX.
so u chose thats line thats is so easy nd more benefit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?