17th June 2010, 03:17 PM
AkshayH

Go for Mtech from IIT or continue to do job in IT MNC?

Hi,
I have 4 years IT Experience.Currently I am working in One MNC.
I got the call for MTECH in CS from IIT Kharagpur.
Now I am in dialemma whether should i go for Higher Education or continue to do job?
Please provide me guidenance as soon as poosible,

7th July 2010, 09:11 PM
drdo99
Banned

Default Re: Go for Mtech from IIT or continue to do job in IT MNC?

lots of congratulations!
dont miss this golden oppurtunity.working in mnc is ok,but after your this degree you will be top of the world.
your cv will improve.
please tell me how you got this chance?
7th July 2010, 10:59 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

It is a golden chance for you as you have got a scope to pursue M.Tech from IIT,Kharagpur.

If you are really keen about doing further studies in your trend i.e. IT you must go for M.Tech in IIT. Otherwise, Continue with your job in the MNC.

After doing M.Tech in IIT you will have better job and career opportunities. There are also options of going in R&D field.

But personally i think you should opt for doing M.Tech from IIT. The rest depends on your choice.

All the best!
7th July 2010, 11:01 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

It is a golden chance for you as you have got a scope to pursue M.Tech from IIT,Kharagpur.

If you are really keen about doing further studies in your trend i.e. IT you must go for M.Tech in IIT. Otherwise, Continue with your job in the MNC.

After doing M.Tech in IIT you will have better job and career opportunities. There are also options of going in R&D field.

But personally i think you should opt for doing M.Tech from IIT. The rest depends on your choice.

All the best!
7th July 2010, 11:45 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Go for Mtech from IIT or continue to do job in IT MNC?

Hi,

If you are not in a position that you need to work(I believe you got my comment) and if you are not very interested to continue with work than pursing higher studies, I would suggest you to take the Course. M Tech From IIT is many's dream. You got the chance.

Even after completing the course, You will obviously get placed in some top MNC with Awesome remuneration. You will get Job any time. Also think, The company will keep you only till you are needed. If you have good qualification,. You will always be specially considered. That's all I have to say.

Best of Luck.
8th July 2010, 12:30 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

according to me you are now in right time to do mtech.as you have already gather 4year experiance.in this mean if you are abale to do mtech such a very good institute(iits) then you can get a very good carrier option......
all the best......
8th July 2010, 12:45 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Thats awesome but its really a big dillema. But dont worry if you think about it closely then you will easily see a solution

I would advise you to go for your MTech from IIT Kharagpur. Its the best college in the country and you are getting the best out of the best.

So you should no miss this opportunity. After your MTech you will get 2 times better job than what you doing now. So go for MTech

Later after MTech you will get high posts in a company but remember if you dont do well in MTech then you will comeback to the same job position. So harwork matters here

Best of luck
8th July 2010, 03:19 AM
anupam kuruganti

Thumbs up Re: Go for Mtech from IIT or continue to do job in IT MNC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkshayH View Post
Hi,
Now I am in dialemma whether should i go for Higher Education or continue to do job?
Congrats friend you have won it. Please opt for M.tech I have a valid point for you.
You said that you are having 4 years work experience. OK its fine but if you want to be in a high hierarchical position of a company then your educational qualification should also be high. Please do remember that All ways your experience can't help you to go further you have to choose correct key for the correct lock. I hope you understand it . Go ahead and enjoy the future. All the best and don't lose IIT.

Last edited by anupam kuruganti; 9th July 2010 at 01:38 AM.
8th July 2010, 06:59 AM
gohan4

HI
it you good luck you working in MNC .but M.tec offer is also good.
after Mtec you will earn more and you should go for M.tec
8th July 2010, 09:49 AM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkshayH View Post
Hi,
Hi
Please choose M.Tech from IIt Kharagpur because mastery in your field take your career graph very upward.
I understand that you have four year expreince and settled in your job but after your M.Tech degree you will get much better Companies and much more pay scale.
So, without any confusion go for M.tech.
Good luck
8th July 2010, 12:37 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
First of all my heartfelt wishes for you. I think you better continue your job. Its noy sure tyhat you may get a better job after your MTech as the recession in IT field may come in the coming years. You continue your job in MNC.
8th July 2010, 01:23 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

this is serious point to think,at least in this bit that choices are far more different.
in my opinion a iit degree is better than best ,compared to mnc job.
this is a turning point in your career.
8th July 2010, 02:53 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Go for Mtech from IIT or continue to do job in IT MNC?

Friend,
Congrats u have got golden opurtunity and u should definately go for it. IIt kharagpur is one of the top ranked iit and u got such an opurtunity which others dream only to get. So don't miss it. As far as working in MNC u will gets lots of such chances. But this chance u won'tb get

Best of Luck!
8th July 2010, 10:10 PM
swati123

Well, you have undoutedly got once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity. MTech from IIT
Kharagpur...many will say that 'it cannot get better or bigger than this' and that's true considering the huge boost that it means for your career. Before you take the plunge, however, you will have to pledge to yourself that you will give
your 100% to it. In many cases, people lose their enthusiasm, their zeal to do
well in academics once employed, but you cannot let that happen to you. As
such, getting the call from the IIT is motivation enough, you just make sure
that you are not lax in between.
9th July 2010, 10:33 AM
Dkiran

hi sir,i am your juniour (i.e i am now in final year),im my opinion its better to go for M.Tech,as you can acquire more knowledge and you can get more efficient job offers in the future.
All The Best Sir.
24th August 2010, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Hiee Buddy..

Better Opt for MTECH in IIT>>> DONT MISS THE CHANCE.
8th October 2010, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Hi , You are on a safe bet.You do have 4 yrs experience and on top of it you have an offer from IIT Kharagpur.In my opinion,since it is 'the best' place to do m tech,I would prefer you take the offer.Even if you don't perform well in the worst case,you are not losing much from what you are now.MNC job is very common and youwould get a fair job any time from now on because of your work experience.But getting in IIT is difficult and only lucky ones make through it.So,Best of Luck!
5th December 2010, 04:34 PM
lavanyaratala

hey if you are interested to go for higher studies then mtech is a very good option for you.
13th January 2011, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

investment in education
20th March 2011, 12:37 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi,
Thats awesome but its really a big dillema. But dont worry if you think about it closely then you will easily see a solution

I would advise you to go for your MTech from IIT Kharagpur. Its the best college in the country and you are getting the best out of the best.

So you should no miss this opportunity. After your MTech you will get 2 times better job than what you doing now. So go for MTech

Later after MTech you will get high posts in a company but remember if you dont do well in MTech then you will comeback to the same job position. So harwork matters here
thank
27th March 2012, 02:30 PM
kaveribiswas

27th March 2012, 02:31 PM
kaveribiswas

14th November 2012, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

hi
Am a BE(ECE) 2011 passed out graduate with 82%.Now am working in a software company as an application developer.
My longway dream is to be placed in a core company but unfortunately i went through oncampus and got this software job.Am totally disappointed with being in a IT field.

So please somebody help me out and solve my confusion and pave me way to live in better bright future.

Now my question is how can i find core jobs which suits my qualification and is there any opportunity if i do higher studies relating to my field If so please specify what kind of degree i can pursue with.

"Dream is to work in a core company" But dont know how come i accomplish this.

Thanks people in advance for ur valuable advices.
4th January 2013, 02:33 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi,
It's great that you've got a call from IIT and with 4 years of market experience in your pocket, you should definitely go for the masters degree, that'll not just improve your resume but will also lead you to some really fine projects after the completion of your M.Tech degree.
You'll be having a plus point in the placement because of an incredible four experience you're holding. And after the completion of M.Tech, you can switch onto even a better MNC with a much higher package.
Gud luck.
10th May 2013, 11:44 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

Sorry for late reply. By the time you are seeing this, you must have already taken your decision. Will try to address people who have similar doubt.

Since you have work for 4 year in MNC, you are already at a good position.
Going for M.Tech is good if you want to go ahead in your field.
M.Tech would give you good money and good job opportunity.

However, 4 year of work ex is very good. So you must be already earning a handsome salary. Many people complaints of not been able to cope up with studies after few years of gap or working in company. Take into consideration this fact as well.
By the time you complete your m.tech, you may be at a position higher then what you are at now.

Thus for you, Facts to be considered are as follows

1. Salary is not a problem ( you are not going for M.Tech for Salary )
2. Two year of time investment may be a problem ( You may reach higher position by then)
3. Stipend offered in M.Tech is not equal to your salary. (compared to your present salary)

Consider these fact and decide wisely. I would advice you to go for TOP IITs in case you are going for M.Tech

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?