16th October 2010, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Good Coaching Institutes in Delhi for Post graduate Entrance Exams (Mass communication)?

I am applying for post graduate entrance exams in Advertising and Public Relations (mass communication) and i want to know if there is any good coaching institute in Delhi to prepare for the same and also if i can get some mock test papers or some previous year question papers of institutes like Mudra Institute Of Communications Ahmadabad (MICA) or Indian Institute of Mass Communications (IIMC), Delhi. Also, if i can get some guidelines on how to prepare for such exams what are the important topics that i should cover will be really helpful.

16th October 2010, 08:44 PM
mettalrose

Default Re: Good Coaching Institutes in Delhi for Post graduate Entrance Exams (Mass communication)?

Dear unregistered guest,
A career in mass communication can be very interesting and challenging. To prepare for the entrance exam in this field, you must brush up on the following skills -

1) general awareness - Such exams usually have questions on general awareness so you must have a good idea of everything thats happening around you. You must read newspapers, magazines and follow news bulletins to keep in touch with your outside world regularly.

2) Media awareness - Questions about the media are of the utmost importance. some examples are - "who is the CEO of NDTV", "which was the first bollywood movie to be made in colour " , "Rupert Murdoch owns which international media company?" etc..

3) Creativity - This is the most important part of a media entrance exam. Your creativity skills will be tested through either creative writing or drawing. You may be asked to write random creative stories and essays or you could be asked to draw something depending on the exam.
example -

1) "write an essay about a machine that you have just invented which will rid the world of the problem of excessive population"

2) "make a visual poster for an advertising campaign for the new maggie multigrains flavor noodles"

Since you wish to apply for advertising and P.R., you must be well aware of the modern marketing trends of various products and important firms that manage these. Some college may also test your analytical and quantitative skills.

SAMPLE PAPERS - 1) www.bhu.ac.in/seminar/cont-05/PETbullt05.pdf
2) http://entrance-exam.net/download-snap-2009-sample-papers/
3) http://careerafter12th.com/company-placement-papers/?p=37

COACHING INSTITUTES -
most of the MBA preparation institutes like I.M.S , T.I.M.E, Career Launcher etc do prepare students for the MICA entrance exam. you should chek with them.
1st November 2010, 11:53 AM
mrinal05

Smile Re: Good Coaching Institutes in Delhi for Post graduate Entrance Exams (Mass communication)?

Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication

Xavier Institute of Communications (XIC), Mumbai, Maharashtra
St. Xavier's College, Mumbai - 400 001. INDIA
Tel.: (91-22) 2262 1366 / 2262 1639 / 2262 2877
Fax: (91-22) 2265 8546

Type : Post Graduate Diploma
Category : Film, Media, Journalism, Mass Communication

Contact Information
Add to Shortlist
Email This Link To Friend

Course Description
The Journalism Course is a full time, post-graduate Advanced Diploma programme, intended as instruction in the role and function of mass media and civil society. It examines the principles, practice and responsibility of communication, the mass media, and the convergence of print, broadcast and net journalism.In the era of New Media, the Journalism Course combines knowledge creation and extension, craft and context, with practical applications in a study programme of proven excellence. Students emerge from the course enabled for multiple tasks and skills in mass communication and social development.

Eligibility:- Anyone who is a graduate in Arts, Science, Mass Media, Commerce with at least 55 percent marks. There is an on-line entrance test followed by an individual interview.

Class timings:- Two to three sessions a day in the forenoon, afternoon and evening. (10/11.00 a.m.-1.00 p.m., 2.00 - 4.00 p.m., 4.00-6.00 p.m. and 6.30 - 8.30 p.m).

Fees:- Rs. 1,65,000/-
1st November 2010, 05:44 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Good Coaching Institutes in Delhi for Post graduate Entrance Exams (Mass communication)?

hii..

u can get the sample papers.

Good Coaching Institutes in Delhi for Post graduate Entrance Exams (Mass communication)

COACHING INSTITUTES -
most of the MBA preparation institutes like I.M.S , T.I.M.E, Career Launcher etc do prepare students for the MICA entrance exam. you should chek with them.

good luck.
27th December 2010, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

iimc , xaviers's, acj , MICA, IIJ&NM QUESION PAPERS, PATTERNS, STRUCTURE ETC
VISIT
www.jraoacademy.org
6th January 2011, 01:23 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

There are many courses offered for Mass communication at the PG level. Some of these institutes carry out an entrance exam as to select candidates. The question papers are available in different online website for the exam. In Delhi, institutions like TIME, IMS Learning Resources etc will help students to prepare of MICA entrance exam. Also there are many other institutions which you can approach for the same.
24th April 2011, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

IIMC , ST.XAVIER'S, acj , MICA, IIJ&NM QUESION PAPERS, PATTERNS, STRUCTURE ETC
VISIT
Contact us: - For Classroom Course & Postal Courses:-
Office address
VIDYA GROUP COACHING
2A, 1ST FLOOR, JIA SARAI,
HAUZ KHAS, NEW DELHI-110016
Phone no: - 9811188457, Office no: - 011-26850163
Email; - [email protected]
LOG ON TO: - WWW.vidyagroupcoaching.com
11th May 2011, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Hi

The exam papers of leading mass comm institutes such as IIMC or DSC (The Delhi School of Communication) focus on testing your flair for writing and creativity. A working knowledge of communication areas like Advertising and PR and what aspects they have, will obviously help. More information is available on www.dsc.edu.in
11th May 2011, 05:21 PM
panju123

Hi

The exam papers of leading mass comm institutes such as IIMC or DSC (The Delhi School of Communication) focus on testing your flair for writing and creativity. A working knowledge of communication areas like Advertising and PR and what aspects they have, will obviously help. More information is available on www.dsc.edu.in
31st May 2011, 09:57 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

u can get the sample papers.

8th June 2011, 10:38 PM
aabhish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am applying for post graduate entrance exams in Advertising and Public Relations (mass communication) and i want to know if there is any good coaching institute in Delhi to prepare for the same and also if i can get some mock test papers or some previous year question papers of institutes like Mudra Institute Of Communications Ahmadabad (MICA) or Indian Institute of Mass Communications (IIMC), Delhi. Also, if i can get some guidelines on how to prepare for such exams what are the important topics that i should cover will be really helpful.
you must read this book

How to Become a Good Journalist

Author: Raza Elahi

Publisher: Atlantic Publishers

Price: Rs 75 (paperback)

To buy the book, send e-mail at [email protected]
or buy thru Flipkart.com
30th June 2011, 04:11 AM
Unregistered

hi..in 12th cls my stream was arts n scrd 75% bt now m doing b.com n nt getting gud marks..so plz help me.. wat z gud 4 me after my graduation??
5th July 2011, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

i want to study radio & tv journalism in Iimc( pg diploma courses ,mass comm),,is there any coaching centre for same in iimc college.........callme plz........... 09583589821
31st August 2011, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

Hi,I am prsuing M.a in English from Ignou,but I bcme a graduate with 45% marks(c.u eng(h)).Can I be able to attend the entrance exam of Masscommunication of IIMC?plz reply,[email protected]
13th December 2011, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

i am nw in 3rd yr doin bachelors in journalism and mass communication (h) from calcutta university,can anyone suggest me colleges for pg degree in journalism or mass communication from india and also the colleges without any entrance exam..plz reply soon..i got 51% in my 1st yr and 2nd yr i gt 52%...also tel me from whr should i tk the coaching for entrance exam and what are the syllabus for entrance exam and also what are the books for the pg entrance exam should i follow...
14th December 2011, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

i m staying in banlore,ryt now doing my bachelors degree,i wana join iimc after 4yrs i.e. completion of my degree..
so....suggest me d place nearer to banlore wher i can join for masters in mass communication...
anyhow vil try for iimc but other dan dat i want some other universities nearby my place..
n even coaching classes for the entrace exams..
22nd February 2012, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

is der any textbook or sample papers or previos year papers to prepare for pg diploma in tv journalism from iimc delhi..
2nd May 2012, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

Post Re: Good Coaching Institutes in Delhi for Post graduate Entrance Exams (Mass communication)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
go to vidyagroupcoaching.com and get last 6 years Question papers for IIMC ...........
thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Office address
VIDYA GROUP COACHING
2A, 1st floor, jia sarai,Near-IIT,hauz khas, new delhi-110016
phone no: - 9811188457, Office no: - 011-26850163
email; - [email protected]
log on to: - WWW.vidyagroupcoaching.com
13th November 2013, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Congratulations!!! to all students of vidya group coaching who have achieved remarkable collage of India to joining there. summary of students selections 65 students in IIMC,30 in St.xavier's, 9 in ACJ,12 in MCRC(jamia) in 2013.

VIDYA GROUP COACHING is one of the best group which shows the right direction or path to all students aspiring for the Media career. This institution will provide you, the best professional guidance and specialized training to help you successfully clear all media ENTRANCE EXAMINATION.
We are the most trusted result producing IIMC, MCRC (JAMIA) St. Xavier and other media institutes of India. Academy provides education, training and guidance to all media Graduates of India
Classes:

*New batches starts from 6 Nov, 9 Nov, 16 Nov. 30 Nov

Postal study course:-
Vidya group coaching provides distance learning programs for IIMC, JAMIA (MCRC), ST XAVIER'S COLLEGE, ASIAN COLLEGE THE study material developed by media professional & prof. of media institutions
Interview guidance:-
* vidya group coaching conducts an exclusive course for IIMC, JAMIA(MCRC),ST XAVIER'S COLLAGE , ASIAN COLLAGE,MAKHNAL LAL etc.(under the guidance of its director Mr. Rajesh Sharma & panel of experts) after the announcements of result of written examination . The course duration is7-10 days vidya group coaching interview panel consist of very experienced & highly reputed technical & psychological experts. The interview programme will emphasize on improving personal aptitude of presentation and enhancing media and general awareness of practical aspects. The panel members will help to filter out your weakness & psychological problems.
* at the end of the session 3-4 mock interviews will be organized consisting 4 members from different fields in the interviews board. The feedback & tips are given to remove the weaknesses after the assessment. A useful guidance may bring improvement in the performance.
Syllabus for IIMC Entrance Test 2014

%u2022 Journalism Courses
%u2022 General Awareness
%u2022 Awareness of Public Debates on Matters (Polity and Economy)
%u2022 Influencing Power Equations in the World and Their Impact on India
%u2022 International Developments
%u2022 Social History
%u2022 Understanding of Social Dynamics
%u2022 Aptitude & mental make-up
%u2022 Language capability
%u2022 Analytical & comprehension skills
%u2022 Advertising & Public Relations
%u2022 Analytical & Comprehension skills
%u2022 Aptitude & mental make-up
%u2022 Brand awareness & recall
%u2022 General awareness
%u2022 Language capability
%u2022 Quantification skills

Office address
VIDYA GROUP COACHING
Log on to: - WWW.vidyagroupcoaching.com
25th November 2013, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

go to vidyagroupcoaching.com and get last 6 years Question papers for IIMC ...........
thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Office address
VIDYA GROUP COACHING

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/good-coaching-institutes-delhi-post-graduate-entrance-exams-mass-communication-46048.html#ixzz2leiMo5s1
20th September 2014, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

I WANT TO Apply for post graduation entrance exam for iimc masscommunication and I want to know if there any coaching instituts in kolkata
20th January 2015, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Good institutes to take coaching for post graduation in mass communication and journalism in Chandigarh!
2nd October 2015, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

VIDYA GROUP COACHING
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?