29th September 2018, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Which group should I choose in Higher Secondary to further study BTech(Marine Engineering)?

Hi Sir/Madam, I am preparing for the Board exam of 10th standard with CBSE Board. I want to study BTech course in Marine Engineering. So, I would like to know which Group I should choose in my Higher Secondary so that I can study further BTech course in Marine Engineering.

30th September 2018, 03:26 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which group should I choose in Higher Secondary to further study BTech(Marine Engineering)?

The eligibility to appear for Marine Engineering recruitment examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper.

So, you have to select and pursue PCM as main paper to pursue Marine Engineering course.
30th September 2018, 03:56 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which group should I choose in Higher Secondary to further study BTech(Marine Engineering)?

In Higher Secondary, one have to choose PCM (Physics, Chemsitry and Mathematics) as main subjects along with English to study B.Tech (Marine Engineering) in Under-graduate level.
30th September 2018, 05:20 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to pursue B.Tech in Marine Engineering course is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

So, if you want to get admission in Marine Engineering course in future you have to pursue 12th with PCM.

Entrance examination is conducted by institutes for admission in the course. Admission is also offered on the basis of JEE rank.
30th September 2018, 05:52 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The subject group for pursuing Bachelor of Technology in Marine Engineering:

You should select Science stream at 12th level and subjects must include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

PCM subject group is essential to apply for the examination like Joint Entrance Examination. You should have at least 75% marks in 12th.
30th September 2018, 06:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a student of Class 10th, in order to pursue B.Tech in Marine Engineering degree course later, you need to opt Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects for pursuing your higher secondary school degree.

Also, for getting admission in top engineering colleges to pursue your desired degree course, you must try to qualify engineering admission tests such as JEE, State EEE/CET, BITSAT, VITEEE, COMED-K, etc. .
30th September 2018, 06:36 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

The subject group necessary for Bachelor of Technology course is PCM in science stream from a recognized university.

~~Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects are necessary for B.Tech course in any stream.

~~You must score 75% marks more to apply for JEE Main exam.
30th September 2018, 06:53 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you want to pursue B.Tech in Marine Engineering then you have to pursue 10+2 in Science stream having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subject as well as English as compulsory subject.
30th September 2018, 07:11 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

B.Tech in Marine Engineering and it is 4 year course. The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have minimum 60% and have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.

So, you have to select the PCM in 12th from admission in Marine Engineering course.
30th September 2018, 08:01 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

B.Tech in Marine Engineering is four year course.

The required subject combination to get admission in the course is :-

Physics.

Chemistry.

Mathematics.

So, if you have the above required subject combination then become eligible for admission in Marine Engineering.
30th September 2018, 08:42 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to do Marine Engineering in future then I will suggest you just take science stream in 11th class because the eligibility of Marine Engineering is pass 12th exam with physics, chemistry, mathematics and English.

So please take science stream to do Marine Engineering in future.
30th September 2018, 09:07 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Go for PCM, physics, chemistry, mathematics stream in 11th. You need to have a food grasp in physical science and maths to do Marine Engineering .

Try to score more than 60% so that you can quality yourself for Marine Engineering entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?