27th January 2018, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Which combination to choose between PCM and PCB for Higher Secondary to study Software Engineering?

I want to pursue a career in Software Engineering. I'm in class 10th now. So how should I start from now. Will I have to take PCM or PCB in 12th? What after 12th? Which course should I go for? BCA and MCA or B.Tech or BE? Which has a better scope?

Related Questions:
  1. To study Software Engineering courses at graduate level which stream to choose for Higher Secondary?
  2. Which subjects I can opt for 11th? Bio or Maths?
  3. What combination should I choose in Higher Secondary with Biology for brighter future?
  4. B.Sc or B.Tech, which is better to study Biotechnology to become Genetic Engineer? What should I study in PCB, PCM or PCMB in Higher Secondary?
  5. PCB or PCM, which one to choose for HS to become a CBI Officer? -- [New]
  6. Subjects combination in Higher Secondary for a candidate who want to study Biology? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which subject combination is much better between PCM and PCB?
  8. What minimum percentage is required in 10th to get PCM combination in Higher Secondary?
  9. Which stream should I opt in Higher Secondary in order to study Media Planning later on?
  10. Which combination of subjects in Higher Secondary is needed to be eligible to IIST entrance exam?
  11. Subjects combination to study in Higher Secondary Science for B.Tech(Electrical/Electronics Engineering) aspirant?
  12. Which is easier and has better scope among PCM and PCB?
  13. Can I change my subject combination from PCB to PCM after passing 11th with PCB?
  14. What is the subject combination required in higher secondary to study nutrition honours?
  15. ISC, CBSE or PSEB, which is better to study in Higher Secondary for Software Engineer aspirant?
  16. What should I study further after completion of Higher Secondary PCB to become an IAS Officer?
  17. Can I get admission to study PCB in Higher Secondary at any good school if expecting 60% in 10th Board exam?
  18. Having less than 50% in PCB open category and 80% in B.Sc applicable for NEET 2018?
31st January 2018, 08:31 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which combination to choose between PCM and PCB for Higher Secondary to study Software Engineering?

For admission in engineering course, you should opt Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject in 12th. After that you can apply for engineering entrance examination like JEE, BITSAT, State Level engineering exam etc.

In engineering course, you should opt Computer Science engineering or Information Technology to enter into software field. B.Tech has more scope as compared to other courses like BCA then MCA course.
31st January 2018, 12:38 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which combination to choose between PCM and PCB for Higher Secondary to study Software Engineering?

Engineering is still one of the favourable career option for students after passing 12th standard.

The requirements for Bachelor's degree in Engineering course:

Academic qualification: Senior Secondary board passed with PCM subjects. You should select Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th.

Different entrance exams for admission in engineering: JEE, SRMEEE, VITEEE, UPSEE, BITSAT, LPU NEST etc.

You should select Computer Science Engineering for software engineering in future.
31st January 2018, 05:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

After completion of 10th, you should select Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 11th standard. The necessary subject for pursuing engineering in any stream is PCM in 12th board examination.

You can apply for Joint Entrance Examination conducted by CBSE for admission in Bachelor of Technology. For Software engineering, you can take Computer science Engineering or Information Technology. You should score minimum of 75% marks in 12th. Bachelor of Technology course has better scope than BCA and MCA course.
31st January 2018, 06:36 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Since you are interested in pursuing Software Engineering course i.e; B.E./B.Tech degree course in Computer Science after your higher secondary school degree then for that you need to complete your Class 12th in Science stream with PCM group from a recognized board of education.

Further for pursuing same degree course from top engineering colleges you need to qualify entrance examinations like JEE, State EEE/CET, BITSAT, VITEEE, COMED-K, etc. .

As far as you are concerned about the best course out of the courses mentioned above then I would like to say that each course is associated with very good career scope and hence you can go for any course if that lies to your strength.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?