30th January 2017, 06:08 PM
Deva987

Which has best life after civil engineering, whether M.Tech or Construction management?

I am sesha reddy, i have completed my undergraduate as civil engineering with 74%. Now i am in a confusion that whether to do Management course in civil or to do M.tech?
I Want to study further

Related Questions:
  1. What is the best thing to do after Civil Engineering? MBA, M.E., M.Tech or UPSC Civils? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Completed Civil Engineering :)
  3. Which has best life after civil engineering, whether M.Tech or Construction management? -- [New]
  4. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
  5. How to do Construction Management through distance? Is there any scope to enter in Architectural Line after B.Tech in civil engineering
  6. How to do construction engineering and management? I am a civil engineering student
  7. Scope of PG in construction management for females? Which course is beneficial for females, PG construction management or M.Tech in any other Civil engineering stream?
  8. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  9. Cochin University, B. Tech In Civil Engineering, 4th Sem Construction Engineering and Management-I Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  10. Which are the good colleges for M.Tech in any trade of electronics?
  11. How to do full time MBA in Construction Management after completing B.Tech in Civil Engineering
  12. Steps for a B.Tech CSE student with 58%? Any companies for which I am eligible?
  13. Scope of PG in construction management for females? What are the best Post Graduation options for female civil engineers?
  14. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to get a job in construction company after completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering
  16. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  17. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  18. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
30th January 2017, 09:47 PM
Sargeant
Member+

Default Re: Which has best life after civil engineering, whether M.Tech or Construction management?

After graduation specially for engineering field students are free to choose area of specialization in which they have interest. Likewise, civil engineering field is more concentrated on field work. While working on site you come across various know-how in the construction industries. Big construction companies prefer candidate to work on their site which having sufficient skills which meet the demand of projects.

A construction manager is the key person to accomplish the project within estimated duration. Obviously, if person knows how to handle actual site is only given responsible position like construction manager.

On the other hand, candidate opt to study further in civil engineering they have more theoretical knowledge than any graduate and also while job searching they get edge over graduate candidate.

Following are various post graduation programs students can choose :

1)Structural Engineering
2)Environmental Engineering
3)Transportation Engineering
4)Geo-technical Engineering.
5)Water Resources Engineering.

Or students can also learn how to use various software courses like
1) Auto Cad
2)STAAD.Pro
3)SAP
4)BIM, etc.
30th January 2017, 10:27 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which has best life after civil engineering, whether M.Tech or Construction management?

The candidate who wish to do higher study after completing civil Engineering course has many higher study options.

But according to my knowledge you should do M.tech rather than construction management as you are from B.tech civil engineering field so perhaps M.tech is a better option for you.
31st January 2017, 11:43 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

You can pursue management course if:
>> You want to make career in private sector and public sector companies.
>> Civil engineering with MBA is highly in demand in industries.
>> You can prefer companies like Reliance , Tata, Infosys, Airtel, BSNL for jobs after management post graduate degree.

Master degree in Technology (M.Tech ) will help you in gaining a technical knowledge in your field and also helps you in getting good job in IT sector, Inbound and Outbound processing, Software developing and handling, etc.
* Thus both the degree have its own importance in its own field , it depend on your interest and your future planning which post graduate degree you will choose.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?