29th August 2010, 12:58 PM
muthal abhishek rajabhau

What is the best thing to do after Civil Engineering? MBA, M.E., M.Tech or UPSC Civils?

i m a student of engg. field from civil engg(sem 1), what is the best for civil engg. to go for after graduation ? is for mba or M.E or m.tech or upsc?

Related Questions:
  1. What is better after civil engineering between MBA and M.Tech? -- [New]
  2. Which MBA stream to choose after Civil Engineering? Is there anything called MBA in Civil?
  3. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
  4. MBA or M.Tech: Better course for jobs?
  5. After Civil Engineering is it better to continue to higher studies or jobs should be preferred?
  6. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE?
  7. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  8. Which are the good colleges for M.Tech in any trade of electronics?
  9. cbi (central bureau of investigation) exam details? cretieria? how to apply? forms? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which is better for me after B.Tech Civil Engineering between M.Tech and MBA? Which branch is preferable for me in M.Tech? Scope of job after B.Tech or M.Tech or MBA?
  11. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  12. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  13. How to prepare for Civils? Previous years question papers? Best coaching centers?
  14. Can I get for Civils after working as Marketing Executive on a company?
  15. After B.Tech Mechanical should I choose M.Tech, MBA or further studies? Can we prepare directly for civils after B.Tech?
  16. Is MBA before IAS helpful?
  17. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  18. What are the things that can be done after BE in Civil Engineering to improve the career?
29th August 2010, 01:17 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the best thing to do after Civil Engineering? MBA, M.E., M.Tech or UPSC Civils?

dear friend
you have to become a researcher so you can to join m.tech on the basis of gate exam conduct by iit department.
other wise join industry you can join mba.
good luck
29th August 2010, 01:23 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: What is the best thing to do after Civil Engineering? MBA, M.E., M.Tech or UPSC Civils?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muthal abhishek rajabhau View Post
i m a student of engg. field from civil engg(sem 1), what is the best for civil engg. to go for after graduation ? is for mba or M.E or m.tech or upsc?
for civil engineers, there are a lot of government jobs available. so mba will be of no use because it is demanded in private sector only. you can do mtech after btech. it will help you a lot. also you can apply in upsc exams side by side. if you qualified upsc exam then there is no need for further studies. so mtech is the only thing which a civil engineer should do after btech for getting a good job
29th August 2010, 01:39 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the best thing to do after Civil Engineering? MBA, M.E., M.Tech or UPSC Civils?

for an civil engineer the best thing will be to do upsc,
because the job there is really good and there is lot of scope for growth for an civil engineer in government jobs
even me is an good option
all the best
29th August 2010, 01:50 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

after b.tech in civil i will suggest you to go for M.TECH.
firstly you will stay in your own line.

it will give you more salary , status and job satisfaction.

further you can go for research in this field.

if you will join MBA your field will be totally changed.

all the best.
29th August 2010, 02:16 PM
Raj333

dear friend
for every body UPSC is best. choice is totally depend on you . what you want to become. every degree i.e MBA, M.E., M.Tech or UPSC will provide you great opportunity. if you want to go for MBA then you will get atleast 2 year work experience in industry that will better for you. if you want to go for mtech then you will give the gate examination. everything depends on your caliber .

best of luck.......................
29th August 2010, 04:20 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

hi,

I personally think that M.e is the best option to do after doing B.e in civil engineering.
Also there are other options like MBA in construction management which is a very promising career these days.

For civil engineers the construction management is very important one as a course to do.
You can get jobs in the Govt or private construction companies or organizations.

All the best!
29th August 2010, 07:59 PM
Rickers

hello,
The choice is yours boss. But i would like to suggest you go for M.Tech after B.Tech in civil engineering.
You can do jobs as well but for getting good jobs you must need a master degree. So m.Tech is best path for you for bright career in civil engineering.

Otherwise you may go for some administrative jobs like IAS,IES,and civil services.
But better to remain in technical field.
So this is my point of view regarding your career. but finally you have to decide what you want to do.

So take good decission for you. Good luck!!!!!!!
30th August 2010, 05:24 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Since you have done your civil engineering ,a post graduate course in enginreering would be a good choice.If you need a government job appear for UPSC exams.MBA is also a good option.But it depends on your personal interest.
30th August 2010, 06:35 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

As you are a civil engineer so, it will be better for you to go for M.E or Mtech both are equal..

but if want to do some thing different then you can apply for UPSC civil services..

now it is upon you in which field you want to go..

all the best.
30th August 2010, 06:49 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

As you are a civil engineer so, it will be better for you to go for M.E or Mtech both are equal..

but if want to do some thing different then you can apply for UPSC civil services..

now it is upon you in which field you want to go..

all the best.
30th August 2010, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

thank u sir, but i hav another question.
after civil engg. is it better to go for higher studies or go for the jobs? is open candidate hav any scholarship facilities other than EBC?
31st August 2010, 02:42 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

i think it depends on your interest.

if you want to join research work and teaching profession then for you M.TECH will be better option.

but if you are interested in business then go for MBA.

all the best.
31st August 2010, 04:16 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
there are so many options in front of you.
as you have completed your B.Tech in Civil,
i will suggest you for M.Tech,
now a days Civil Engineer have more demand as reccession is going on .
after M.Tech you will be more confidence as you can achieve more knowledge & experience.

Good luck.
1st September 2010, 12:24 AM
poplu13
Senior Member+

ofcourse UPSc will have a permanent job for you with loads of facilities..MBA will have lots of money..and M.tech will have application of what you have studied....The choice is always yours...

goood Luck !!
27th September 2010, 07:15 AM
Unregistered

What is the duration of doing b.tech civil engineering after 12th?
28th September 2010, 01:46 AM
babydoll

Hi!
Well it totally dependent on you as per your choice of interest.
But you may select M.Tech/M.E after the B.Tech degree.ok.
This provide you the good field of research and lectureship.
Otherwise if you go for the MBA or any other field then you may lost your knowledge which you have studied in the B.Tech.
So would like to suggest go for M.Tech.......good luck!!
5th October 2010, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

why the civil engineer is suggested to do M.Tech??construction is a big bussiness & civil engineers can become much efficient businees administraror in the construction companies after pursuing MBA????
15th October 2010, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

hi!
my strong question is that to opt for M.BA or M.E after B.E? .....am not interested in lecturing or research.
11th December 2010, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

hi..i want 2 study construction mangement in banglore , i was an avg student, is there consrtuction management course in christ university?.. i don't wnt to write any more entrance examz, i wnt to join by payement seat (i can pay max payement) but it must be best college and it must have nice campus interviews plz.......sugget me
24th December 2010, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

which line for m.e in civil is preferable?
29th December 2010, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

For girls which is the best course to do after civil engineering to get good job ? MBA , M.E Or UPSC Civils
6th January 2011, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

suggest me which course is suitable after my civil engg i,e M.Tec,MBA,any other construction managment course in india epicially in bangalore
11th January 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

what i the best thng after civil engg?m.s.,mba or job????my interest is in mba so will it be good to do that???plz suggest...
19th January 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Im am currently studying BTECH in Civil Engineering, specializing in Construction Management at University of South Africa, im also confused as to what i should do next year after finishing this degree......but i think MTECH makes more sense, then MBA will follow......
20th January 2011, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

I think for a civil engineer that wants to later move into a management position, like engineering management in the public sector (lokal, regional, state or federal governement), a masters in public administration (MPA) will be a good option. Another good option is a masters in Engineering management (MEM). That said, if you are a career changer, MBA may be a good idea.
21st January 2011, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

i hav takn civil engg as my cors.....im in first yr....ill be joinin a cors for mba...gate r upsc....so wantd 2 no whch is betr...because dis is da tym i hav 2 decide.....so plzzzz hlp me out
28th January 2011, 06:17 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,

Thanks.
23rd February 2011, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I thnk u should go for nicmar
u get good payscale & facility thn gov.
Nicmar hv better scope thn mtech student in industry
23rd February 2011, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

Dear
i thnk u should go for nicmar
u remains in same field
it will gv u better payscale , opportunity
24th February 2011, 09:50 PM
biswaranjan9

hello,

I think M.Tech is the best thing to do after Civil Engineering.
4th March 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

i want a good reputed job and wanna earn more money also . should i do m tec or mba
18th March 2011, 12:10 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi,

thank
19th March 2011, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

i am going to do advance construction management course from nicmarm, graaduated in civil engg. howi s this??
5th June 2011, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

i m going to it bhu for m.tech ... which branch is good .in structure and transportation ?? because i want to go in government gob aftert the m.tech ?? plzz help
18th June 2011, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

sir i m a student of civil engineering and my course is recognised by ugc . what would be beeter for me, mba or me. do i have to face problem in getting admission in me bcz of ugc degree.
19th June 2011, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: What is the best thing to do after Civil Engineering? MBA, M.E., M.Tech or UPSC Civils?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi..i want 2 study construction mangement in banglore , i was an avg student, is there consrtuction management course in christ university?.. i don't wnt to write any more entrance examz, i wnt to join by payement seat (i can pay max payement) but it must be best college and it must have nice campus interviews plz.......sugget me
first u should have good knowledge about your subject. money can buy only certificates, only talent will take u to your destination...........
23rd June 2011, 02:44 PM
vishalogale

Default m.tech

Quote:
sir
i want to do m.tech in construction management / transportion engg. please suggest me the college in maharashtra , if part time is available so please reply me on
[email protected]
THANK U.
7th July 2011, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

after B. TECH civil eng,which one is better for girls????i m not interest in teaching.....
12th July 2011, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

is doin MS frm US a good option ???
14th July 2011, 12:14 AM
shekhar.379

Hi dear,

Thanks
25th July 2011, 02:39 AM
Ashishkrgautam

Smile Re: What is the best thing to do after Civil Engineering? MBA, M.E., M.Tech or UPSC Civils?

If you want to go in Government sector, you should do M.e. & if you want to go in private sector you should do M.B.A.
31st July 2011, 12:23 AM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

Thanks
5th August 2011, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

ashwini sir, do we remain in technical field after geting job in engg service jobs ?
6th August 2011, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

sir what is the best thing for me m.tech or mba, i m currently preparing for gate exam but now i m confused.so pls tell me.?
7th August 2011, 02:28 PM
Bmsri

According to me it is better for you to do M.E because it is the specialization in the same field.MBA is a not related to civil engineering.
If you want to go in the administrative field then you can choose M.B.A.
It purely depends on your choice and area of interest.
Good luck.
17th August 2011, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

un registered guest

sir, is ies(indian engg.servises) also better carier option after graduation in civil engg.
7th September 2011, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

i m a student of engg. field from instrumentation engg what is the best for instrumentation engg. to go for after graduation ? is for mba or M.E or m.tech or upsc?
12th October 2011, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

i am a third year student of civil engg. my aim is site engineer. i am a girl. so i got better work? but surely i get better work.
13th October 2011, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

i have done my 12th in science and now m doing polytechnic in civil, i plan to do engineering in civil after that and i am planning to do MS from US and then apply for some job in DUBAI, please assist me whethr i am doing the right thing?
(i opted for polytechnic because of some health problems....i cudnt go for engineering...and the admissions were closed...so opted for poltechnic.)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?