5th January 2019, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Having completed B.Com from distance mode can I apply for KAS exams?

Sir, I have completed my B.Com from correspondence mode of education. Degree was awarded from GITAM University. With distance degree am I eligible to apply for Karnataka Administrative Services (KAS) exams?

12th January 2019, 08:28 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Having completed B.Com from distance mode can I apply for KAS exams?

The full form of KAS is Karnataka Administrative Services. Karnataka Public Service Commission conducts this exam.

1. The eligibility criteria for the exam is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

If you have done your degree in distance mode then your university must be approved by University Grants Commission and Distance Education council.
13th January 2019, 02:59 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Having completed B.Com from distance mode can I apply for KAS exams?

The acronym KAS stands for Karnataka Administrative Services.

Eligibility criteria for KAS exam:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Distance degree must be approved by UGC and DEC.

GITAM is a recognized university, you can apply for KAS exam.
14th January 2019, 10:12 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know that the minimum education required to apply for KAS (Karnataka Administrative Services) examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised open or regular university.

So, having completed your graduation degree course in distance mode from GITAM university which is a university approved for distance mode education, you are eligible to apply for KAS examination as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For more details and updates regarding upcoming KAS examination, you can refer to the link www.kea.kar.nic.in.
15th January 2019, 10:34 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

KAS stands for Karnataka Administrative Services. The minimum criteria to apply for KAS examination:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Distance degree must be approved by UGC and DEC.

GITAM is a UGC approved university. You can apply for KAS examination after B.Com in distance mode.
2nd October 2021, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

Hello, myself Kruthi. When I was in first pUc I had Brain Tumour surgery. . So in puc and degree my marks was 50%. Can I do degree in online mode and apply for any government exams? Please help me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?